It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Did 3 Bowls Today – I’m Flyin !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

This thread is brilliant! reminds me of cheech and chong lifestyle.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Very cool stuff and beware the Bible! It's pretty dangerous but if you are immune to hypnosis you should be able to resist its effects. Also I'd recommend not taking that suggestion about grinding spices with it... keep a separate vessel for spices because their essential oils linger!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
sorry im a newbie,

how do you "do" these nepalese bowls?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Haha... this is the best. thread. ever.

2nd line to be safe

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
sorry im a newbie,

how do you "do" these nepalese bowls?

Just click on the youtube vids on the previous page.

Basically, with a bowl you can play it two ways

1. like a gong - tapping it on the side or
2. running the timber baton around the outer rim

I think the 'singing' affect is more typical of method 2

Enjoy

* Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
oh,

thx Ned!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Where are the electric guitars?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Haha... this is the best. thread. ever.

2nd line to be safe

Happy to make you Happy

My next thread will be titled 'I Did Too Many Bowls - I Saw God and the Devil Playing Chess'

* nED

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Where are the electric guitars?

Now there's an excellent idea !

Bring in some percussion too

Balance with a little pan flute

And you've got a guaranteed top ten album

I'll split half the profits with you Dr

Seriously though, I plan to record my own bowl music one day, mixed with some anlogue synth. Would be most wicked !

Peace

* Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Great sleeping music. I put this video on and next thing I know I'm waking up at 6 am...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have 5 bowls. Put some water in them, and run the mallet around the edge, see what happens :-)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ah, sweet music to my ears.........................thanks" bud".....

edit on 2-9-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ok, now I want a bowl! Lol

This is really cool stuff and although I've never tried it you have inspired me to do so.

Where can I purchase one of these bowls at? Close to my house is a mystic store, yet I've never seen bowls there, will have to check it out again. I know they do sell herbs. :-)

Btw, are you a member of Celtic heroes?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Shhhhhhhh don't say bud !

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JarredAus
this headline is gonna lure alot of people...
Although after reading im inspired im gonna go get myself a tibetan singing bowl...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Definitely this. Now I'm very interested in buying one of these bowls. I played with many before when I saw someone had one but never really dived into it too much.

So if you put water into it, does it .. raise its vibrations? Make it more pure?

Also where in the Bible does it say you should not play with vibrations? This is really interesting to me.
It probably has to do with the whole "Word" of god. Where word = vibrations.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That was trippy - thanks for the suggestion.

Funny how it did not seem to diminish or soften the tones at all with the water in there.

Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Ok, now I want a bowl! Lol

This is really cool stuff and although I've never tried it you have inspired me to do so.

Where can I purchase one of these bowls at? Close to my house is a mystic store, yet I've never seen bowls there, will have to check it out again. I know they do sell herbs. :-)

Btw, are you a member of Celtic heroes?

Celtic Heroes ? No, I'm just a normal hero.

I'm sure you'll find a store if you try hard enough. Don't buy one online !

You need to test it out first - it has to feel right for you. Make you tingly and warm when you play it.

Good Luck MamaJ

* Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm so glad you made this thread! I forgot how much I absolutely love singing bowls! And I knew what you were talking about before I clicked, though after reading your colorful post, thought you may be speaking in double entandre. I've only tried the crystal bowls, though I have a CD of the type you have. About 4 years ago there was a store in town that had a vibe machine, I would go in for sessions, it helped with my energy levels. One day I heard and felt this sound in the store, went to investigate and saw someone playing one of the seven white bowls they had displayed. I had never given them much thought, thought they were just some decorative item. I tried it myself and could feel the sound vibrating my organs, its hard to explain...it was so subtle, but I could definitely feel it. After I left I felt like my body had got a ”vitamin” that it was deficient in. plus I was in the most wonderful natural high. I came back regularly to play them. Wanted to buy one, but the one that liked me best was $300 and at the time I was in school. I looked online but didn't trust buying one without playing it as Ned the OP mentioned. Plus I didn't want a mass produced bowl made in China.

I have chronic pain due to a disease I have, which has become much worse since my experience with playing the bowls. I'm thinking this might help, in a non direct way.

I have a theory, back before the industrialization that we have today and the bombardment of cell phone towers, bluetooth, wifi, etc., we had more nature sounds. I think those sounds have a positive effect or at least a balancing effect, on our bodies. The more cityfied we are, the more deficient we become from sounds of nature. Take it one step further...if you have a diseased organ, I think the right resonance would at least help bring it back to equilibrium. I'm going to research this. If anyone has any good info on this please post.

Also, i'm curious about where in the Bible it says not to play with vibrations. I'm very careful about shielding myself from doors that evilness can come through. I'm probably a little over the top when it comes to that, but I see nothing wrong with this. I even see it as being beneficial. If someone has contradictory information I would like to hear and consider it.

Great thread Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I too realized recently that the rainbow xylophones produce harmonics relevant to the chakras; any idea where I can pick myself up one of these nifty little gadgets.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

It probably has to do with the whole "Word" of god. Where word = vibrations.

Very astute observation; it was only 8/30th, when I discovered the uni-verse, or one word. I assure you it is a vibration and the most curious one at that ;P

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join