It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Did 3 Bowls Today – I’m Flyin !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is my Tibetan Singing Bowl. I bought it around 10 years ago from a Nepalese importer. It’s about 8 inches in diameter and is made from various metals – probably 6 or 7 types. I don’t play it that often, normally only when I have a guest over and they want to know what it is.

Today I was at home by myself and thought I would get it out and do some interactive meditations with it. This is what transpired :-

So it’s about 8.30am and I haven’t been up for long. I think to myself, is it too early to do a bowl ? Well I’m by myself, it’s the week-end and I’ve got nothing planned, so why the heck not ! After about half an hour, my head is somewhat buzzy and my heart is racing a little. The vibe in the space around me appears to be clean and harmonic. I burn some Nag Champa incense, and put on some Moody Blues (Nights in White Satin), being that the blue moon was last night. My intuition tells me that this is going to turn in to a BIG day.

It’s now 1.00pm and the effects of the first bowl are starting to wear off. I do another one and ramp things up again. This time I take my time and focus on the synergistic possibilities of this adventure. I then clear my mind and allow things to unfold in their own natural way. I burn a small White Sage smudge stick, and put on some shamanic drumming by Michael Harner. I slide in to a kind of peaceful bliss. I close my physical eyes, so I can allow my 3rd eye to tune in to some amazing visuals – as nearly always they are colourful, dancing, playful. It feels good to be alive, to be vibrating in synchronicity with the one true Love.

I go in and out of my waking consciousness during the course of the afternoon. I eventually rise from my halcyon slumber about 5.30pm just as the sun is about to set behind the mountains in front of my house. The clouds are turning pink, soon they will be a purplish/red hue. I think to myself, wow what a great time to do another bowl, probably my last for the day. With my mind feeling fresh and rejuvenated, again I focus my attention, this time on receiving teachings from my guardians and astral teachers. I burn some Frankincense resin to clear the space and put on some of my favourite psybient music – the kind of tunes that ‘trip me out’ every time.

My physical eyes focus casually on the shifting hues above the mountains. It is now the witching hour and I can sense that as the darkness descends, so too do the spirits.

This time the bowl talks to me. It’s in an alien like Morse code, pulsing with messages that only my supraconscious can comprehend. I do not try to interpret with my reptilian brain. I simply let it sink in to the DNA of my etheric body. I close my eyes once more and then suddenly with a whoosh everything goes hyperspacial ..………...............

Peace to All

* Ned

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Dude when I saw the title I thought 404'd in 3...2....
Then read your opening and saw the photo and had a little laugh .....silly me

Then I read the rest ............now I'm not so sure again

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Beat you to it by about four minutes! Same exact reaction - slightly different application... My fingers were already clicking before I went "Oh... meditation. Coolios."

~Heff

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Neocrusader

Beat you to it by about four minutes! Same exact reaction - slightly different application... My fingers were already clicking before I went "Oh... meditation. Coolios."

~Heff

Thanks Heff,

The Subject headline is an attention grabber so I can introduce people to the wonders of harmonics and it's relationship with meditation and spiritual work. Listen to the tube vid - it's awesome !!

Peace - Ned

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

And thanks for it
Harmonics have been used for millennia, but has become very much a forgotten technique with many applications I'm sure
Good to see something else the ancients had right making a comeback

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
you can also grind your spice's in it.
that's quite a bowl!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

And thanks for it
Harmonics have been used for millennia, but has become very much a forgotten technique with many applications I'm sure
Good to see something else the ancients had right making a comeback

Yes, very powerful - just read Tesla's stuff - he knew the gig

These are chimes that I use more often than the bowl. They were made by a local artisan and each one is tuned in to a particular chakra.

There are also crystal bowls that are similar in harmonics to the metal ones but I don't own any because they are worth a squillion to buy !!

Thanks for your reply

* Ned
edit on 1-9-2012 by nimbinned because: just because

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hi. I'm curious to know if the vibrations have had an effect on the local wildlife? Today or in the past?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
this headline is gonna lure alot of people...
Although after reading im inspired im gonna go get myself a tibetan singing bowl...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Hi. I'm curious to know if the vibrations have had an effect on the local wildlife? Today or in the past?

That's a very good question, and to be honest I've never really thought about it in any depth.

I have wildlife all around me all the time, so I'm use to their presence - many varieties of birds, wallabies, butterflies, goannas, snakes, frogs, dragonflies, Owls at night (Love the Owls the most)

Maybe if I play my instruments outside more often, I might notice an interaction of sorts.

* Ned

edit - come to think of it, I had a small bat flying around my porch the same night - never seen him before. I turned the lights on and he wasn't freaked. kept flying around in front of me - pretty cool i thought

edit on 1-9-2012 by nimbinned because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The video makes for excellent background for browsing. I hit it and I'm off to read some more. When it stops I come back and hit it again. I can do a lot of those bowls. Thanxs

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Great thread. I love the sounds of crystal bowls and always hope one day to purchase one, or a small set. I really like amethyst bowls too.

Those chimes might be something to consider, in the meantime mind you.

Amethyst Singing Bowl

I don't about d sharp, amethyst is for anja.

Singing Bowl Meditation: Crown Chakra Set

Ocean Gold, Egyptian Blue and Selenite Crystal Singing Bowls

I also love blue calcite, would make a wonderful bowl too.

edit on 1-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
To be honest all of the examples I gave really bother me while listening, they seem low and strong and affect my heart beat.

This one is beautiful. They say its for the heart chakra but soft and more melodious.

Tone F Egyptian Blue Practitioner Crystal Singing Bowl 8"

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
To be honest all of the examples I gave really bother me while listening, they seem low and strong and affect my heart beat.

This one is beautiful. They say its for the heart chakra but soft and more melodious.

Tone F Egyptian Blue Practitioner Crystal Singing Bowl 8"

Thanks Unity for chiming in
and posting some vids. It's not the real thing obviously (being present with the resonance of the bowl), but it gives people a flavour of how incredible these things are.

I have an amazing place near where I live called crystal castle. It sells most of these bowls. the larger ones are about $1500 each
that reminds me - have to conduct that prosperity ritual again.

Peace to You Friend

* Ned

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

...Why doesn't this thread seem quite as innocent as what you make it out to be?

Maybe I'm the one with the dirty mind. Or maybe I'm not. Anyone else have the same impression?

Either way, awesome work with your...bowls. Maybe next time you can burn some more "inspirational" plants. Like...sage. Right. Sage.

On a more serious note, I am a huge fan of harmonics. Intention has a lot to do with it, but have you done any scientific research on it? Which notes do what, the effect of shortening or prolonging particular note or cords, how the notes interact, etc?

Vibrations are a serious business. That's experimenting with god powers, and that stuff is powerful. Why do you think the Bible prohibits playing with it? Not that I'm judging...just be careful, and always be positive!
edit on 2-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well if the Bible says that then man I better be careful !

Had a Seven Day Adventist at work once who was always trying to convince me that music with a drum beat is evil and to stay away from it.

It all comes back to attention and intention really. This stuff is poweful if you know how to work with it or are open to it's influences.

Thanks for your reply

* Ned

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join