It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to "wake up"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

2. So your opinion is better than a person holding a Phd in whatever subject you are talking about?
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I could care less what piece of paper a person has hanging on the wall. A Ph.D. is nothing more than an expensive trophy, IMHO.

There are plenty of intellectual people out there who do not have the ability to pay for a Ph.D., and I will put any number of them up against those who do.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

PLEASE...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT WAKE UP!
You have to understand something about the ats.

85.3% of the members on ats are sheeple minded people who really don’t understand that...you’re allowed to use your brain, and come up with your own conclusion on what info you decide to believe, or disbelieve.

Its one thing to believe and follow the herder as they do, but it is obliviously catastrophic to actually follow and listen and learn from a sheeple.
Be your self buddy, don’t worry about what they say...please, your one of the few that still has a brain.

After all look what happen to me with DPD1.

jjf3rd77 will see the matrix for what it is one day, Morpheus.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Just my personal observation, but I think your OP is disingenuous at best. You already had your own definition, and you have no genuine interest in anyone elses opinion of what it means to "be awake", except to the extent that you can take pride in knowing they are fools, and you are wise. Please correct me if I am being presumptuous, and/or misreading your intent. If you do have an interest in different perspectives, then by all means, read my signature thread. It's only my thoughts on the subject, and I don't claim to have a corner on the market.

Denying ignorance and "being awake" kind of go hand in hand. But that's just my opinion.

There are a group of members here that take great pride in their "reasonable" and "sensible" approach to conspiracy theories. They use the title skeptic as if it is some type of badge that puts them among the elites or academia of ATS. In truth, they are close minded fools with narrow blinders on who stopped searching and learning a long time ago. If they ever began an honest search in earnest to begin with. The only searching and learning they have an interest in, is a narrow spectrum of perspective that keeps them from having to look outside the cell of reality they have created in their mind. To open the door of that cell is verboten.

However, I value these members highly, because I can count on their consistent predictability. I always know where to find out what I am supposed to think by reading their posts. That counts for something, and I have an appreciation for them. I learn from them. I get a perspective different from my own. And that's good, because I don't know everything, so I need that facet of what ATS offers. Diversity of opinion.
edit on 9/1/2012 by Klassified because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i think everyone has summed it up in their posts here very well.

the definition of being awake varies from person to person.

imo i believe the fact that you are questioning these issues is itself an act of being awake.

but your answers can only come from deep inside of you.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Too many times I have seen on ATS where people yell at me to WAKE UP! Whenever I try to get to the bottom of this philosophy people end up yelling at me, "stop asking soooo many useless questions!"

It's an alarming contradiction that I run in to too many times on this website. What does it mean to wake up?

Does it mean that I have to believe in conspiracies? Does it mean that I have to vote for Ron Paul? Does it mean that I need to post 24/7 onto the UFO section even if my images are close up shots of raindrops and I know it! Does it mean that I have to believe in the 9/11 conspiracy?

Well, the problem with waking up is that I DON'T believe in or do any of these things!

I don't believe in many of the conspiracies here as most of them are out of context connections that have nothing to do with the original topic.
I don't like Ron Paul (obviously)
I believe that 95% of UFO sightings are fakes or frauds and the rest are top secret military projects
I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job, but I do have some questions about the day.

Is the term, "wake up" just a subliminal term concocted by the conspiracy community to try and coerce people into thinking like them?

Usually when I see a post on one of my threads with someone telling me to wake up I just ignore it. I see that this person really has no substance and cannot argue about the topic that I posted about. Or that he is extremely upset that I am a genuine right-winger. If someone has a complete out of this world philosophy (like that he is a shiny unicorn from another dimension) I ignore it.

Do these sad people consider themselves "open-minded" or whatever the heck, "wake up" means?

I came to this site as a conspiracy theorist and I still read all the interesting conspiracy material. However, now I am aware that a lot of it is conjuncture or half-truths. I have read some that are completely made up lies. (this happens a lot in politics) I am a skeptic of conspiracies. But does this mean that I am "asleep?"

If the purpose of this site is to deny ignorance then why shun the skeptics? Why cast them out or personally insult them when they dare question your "silly" conspiracy?

If waking up means to believe in half the things on this website then consider me asleep. But again, not really sure what that means....

I hear ya.

Funny how this> en.wikipedia.org... took place in the 18th century, and look at where we are now.

Belief cults rule.

You see we live in the age of SHUT UP!
and follow the money cuz big money makes all the rules.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join