It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baffling UFO footage ?or just equally baffling editing on Apollo11 documentary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Specifically this documentary was Titled "Apollo 11, the unknown story" it was shown on Australian satellite TV last night.
It was rather a straightforward documentary until during an interview with Buzz Aldrin , he admitted that everyone on board after leaving Earth saw a strange light outside the observatory window.
They conveyed the sight to Houston, Aldrin said they the astronauts asked Houston how far the now seperated fuel rocket was from them.
Aldrin said he was told 6,000 miles away.(Aldrin said no one thought they were seeing the rocket.)

So the documentary then cut to an actual strange green light that was filmed by astronauts on a later Apollo mission.

The whole impression of this part of the documentary was that the Apollo 11 crew witnessed a UFO , it was stated that to Houston couldn't be sure what the object they saw was.

I have searched the web and ATS but I only see Apollo 11 references to UFOs on the moon.

It seems to me that perhaps the documentary quite unprofessionally edited out some of what Aldrin said later in the interview in relation to this strange green light, and actually misled all of the viewers into thinking this light was a UFO.
When apparently no mention of this is on ATS even...surely this should be the most discussed UFO sighting in History?
Or as suspected... there was an explanation the documentary left out?
edit on 1-9-2012 by Dr Expired because: clarity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have seen a documentry about this too. It did happen, cant remember much about it at the moment so I'll see if I can locate it, I'll post it here if I find it.

Is this part of the docu you saw?

edit on 1-9-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yes thanks for supplying the footage, the rest of the documentary was rather less controversial, just seems an odd thing , that Buzz Aldrin would say this, so perhaps the documentary was biased and edited out the explanation?

I do not know what to think, we have all heard the stories, about the Astronauts and odd things, but Buzz Aldrin is saying it on camera.
And his reference to Aliens could have been a cheeky stab at UFO believers, or a careful revelation of the truth.?
it is baffling to me , this documentary appeared to be a middle of the ground one all except the part you kindly supplied.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Something I've noticed over the years is that when a "Truth" leaks out they dont try to hide it. What they do is mix it in with drivel.
Imagine if you'd only seen the part I posted above, would you be so....confused?
By surrounding it with nonsense the viewer remains unconvinced. Job done.

I've watched buzz talk in several documentaries and I get the impression he's playing with both the audience and those in the space industry. I believe they did see something, and many other astronaughts have had simmilar sightings.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
All this palava to reinforce the (by now ludicrous to all serious and honest investigators)
notion that the apollo missions were in any way real or genuine.
Same with 9/11. Internal conspiracies are encouraged to detract and distract from
the reality that these events were essentially faked.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here Larry King allows Buzz to tell the whole story. Unedited.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here Larry King allows Buzz to tell the whole story. Unedited.

Hey Phage what was the date when that show was aired?
Also, he DIDN'T let him tell the whole story, he quite clearly stopped him.

If we are to take his story from the clip you posted as the truth then he should be asked why he has told a different story many times on other shows. Quite clearly the man is a liar.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

If we are to take his story from the clip you posted as the truth then he should be asked why he has told a different story many times on other shows.

What different story? What other shows?

Quite clearly the other "version" of has story has been highly edited and a "narrator" added doing more talking than Aldrin.
edit on 9/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for filling in the blanks, it demonstrates once again ho we can all believe something borne from the manipulation by the media.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for filling in the blanks, it demonstrates once again ho we can all believe something borne from the manipulation by the media.

Phage waxes lyrically over a lot of issues. His time will come, else there's no rhyme.

Do they know more?

It sems logical to assume they do, all things considered, and it also seems natural to
assume that a smart man like Phage knows better.

Can you say anything to a man on his last legs?

Is it for the better Phage, or is it for the worse?

I keep hoping for the best from The Tempest

I have the feeling now, that it somehow doesn't matter.

Ah well. Better to be, than not to be.

So be it. So it is.

top topics

join