It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is meningitis the new form of biological warfare??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't know about other states, but in Kentucky, everytime you turn the news on there is another case of meningitis. I may be wrong but up until a year or so ago I had never heard of it.

Is this happening in other states?

I have included links to two stories in the news today. These don't include all the cases that have been in the news the last month or so.

Links can be found here and here.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by K_OS]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It has more to do with your current awareness of diseases and with the cultural climate that tends to turn everything into a point of hysterics.

Yes, meningitis has been with us for a very long time. People do (and have) died of it. In the distant past. we've had epidemics. Like many other diseases, it's more of a problem in third world countries and in poor areas. You have to be vaccinated against it before going on Hajj.
www.cdc.gov...

Oddly enough, freshmen in dorms are highly susceptible to it (this is a 1999 article): www.cnn.com...

Here's some general FAQs about it:
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Last time i checked it was illegal to live in campus dorms without a menigitis shot. I got mine before I came and I haven't heard or read in the college newspaper published on campus any instances of menigitis. Biological warfare? Your paranoid

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
completely paranoid.

next you'll predict that the Twin Towers will collapse after being hit by 2 hijacked planes.

lay off the drugs, man.

new topics

top topics

join