It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion of Choice and Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well said. I like pictures that illustrate things like this... I thought this was befitting.

Source

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Yeah I've been saying this about the two party system for a long time. It's the good cop bad cop routine and then the roles are reversed after the election. One party pulls on the rope for a while then the other, as it gets tighter and tighter.

If anyone doesn't see it, both parties are doing the same, they each have the partisan backing of their constituents when they control the White House. Bush put the Patriot Act into place and now Obama has NDAA. My friends that hated Bush, complained that the PA was violating our rights and stealing our liberties. Now they have nothing to say about the NDAA. I was wrong then and they're wrong now.

Ah the deed is almost done. May be too late to complain or make a difference.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And when everyone can see through the illusion and the people unite and change things the cycle will perpetually repeat itself.

Everyone just need to relax its a cycle but everyone feels that they are it this moment here and now is the most important and most crucial moment ever in human history. There were other societies in the past that thought the same way. They were not the first and we are not the last. It is a cycle. Once we turn the tables eventually it will revert to where we are now, it is just the nature of things. Us people today are not special compared to those of the past. We are no different..,,.

This country started "awake" and generation after generation those people that were awake died and their descendants fell back to sleep.

That is where we are now asleep when we all awake it will only be because we are completely oppressed and we have no choice but to wake up or die.

And the cycle will repeat. It should not be that way but that is the way it has been and they way it will continue to be.

So do what you can but enjoy life. what every opportunities you have now seize them and make every moment count.

edit on 2-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I feel your frustration. I've known about this mind game they have been playing for a while now and it seems like the baby boomer and up age groups seem to be the most blind and stubborn to this manipulation.

I really dont't see a solution to this problem though unfortunetely...too many stubborn folks out there.

I wish I could send a telepathic message to every person and say "don't vote this year" lol. I wonder what would happen if absolutely nobody voted.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4peace

I feel your frustration. I've known about this mind game they have been playing for a while now and it seems like the baby boomer and up age groups seem to be the most blind and stubborn to this manipulation.

I really dont't see a solution to this problem though unfortunetely...too many stubborn folks out there.

I wish I could send a telepathic message to every person and say "don't vote this year" lol. I wonder what would happen if absolutely nobody voted.

the news would report highest voter turn out ever,

and they would tell you who was democratically elected in the closest contested election in decades

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway
How does the common man, for instance, stop a war? End hunger? End homelessness? Poverty? Greed and waste? We don't because those avenues are blocked by powers we have absolutely no control over.

The vote is meaningless because the choices are already limited to people who play the game the way they are told. No matter who is elected, nothing will change. It's all a farce.

And we are sort of stuck like the sheep, either eating what *%$ is being fed us, or giving ourselves up for the slaughter when we make too much fuss.

Strength in numbers my friend. Vigilance and courage in the face of fear.

Look at history as an example. Any time people have realized the power they hold, the masters run and hide.

Thats the problem. Nobody cares. Nobody notices or understands what is happening right in front of their faces.
Strength in numbers doesn't mean anything at all if people are figuratively blind. I agree with you 100%, but thats where the problem lies.

Those that don't care are not to be cared about. Especially when the only one that matters (you) is being neglected because of a bunch of people that don't care.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Could it also be said:

Resisting the thing that denies Truth is not the same as accepting Truth. Identifying lies and deceit is not the same as accepting Truth.

The problem exists that people are deluded. The solution is to accept the reality of love rather than resist the illusion without substance.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I can't read your comments...that guy creeps me out too bad

NICE JOB to the OP

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I'm sure that there are several wise leaders who cared even when they were not cared for. It takes true wisdom to love where there is none.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to put this well thought-out thread together.

This is something that I am subconsciously aware of, but the full realization of our supposed 'free choice and free will' and the manner in which it is so cleverly employed, has just once again hit me.

I can only hope that more and more people realize that the 'fences separating the two green fields are increasingly becoming dilapidated and tattered' and that we can make the push to a new way of living. Because that ultimate push can only come from the sheep - and from no-one else.

S+F. Wish I could give you loads more.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyruay

Yes you make an interesting point, is it better to know the truth and know you cant change it. Or not know the truth but be convinced we live in a world where if you really wanted to change something you could?

I mean, if someone murders someone and thinks nothing of it in the slightest, whether its right or wrong or anything, then he's at least a small amount worse off than the one who murders and knows hes done wrong because the one who knows it knows there is a problem so he knows there can maybe be something to sort it out.

Its the same psychology as 'none are more hopelessly imprisoned than those who falsely believe they are free'

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PortgasDAce
link removed

I've lurked on your posts for quite some time, and I have to say that you're always a very concise, very interesting author. If you wrote a book, I'd buy a copy for myself and all my friends.

Thank you friend... I very much appreciate your comment.

If I do write a book, I will remember this post as the deciding factor.

~Namaste
edit on Mon Sep 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Yeah I've been saying this about the two party system for a long time. It's the good cop bad cop routine and then the roles are reversed after the election. One party pulls on the rope for a while then the other, as it gets tighter and tighter.

If anyone doesn't see it, both parties are doing the same, they each have the partisan backing of their constituents when they control the White House. Bush put the Patriot Act into place and now Obama has NDAA. My friends that hated Bush, complained that the PA was violating our rights and stealing our liberties. Now they have nothing to say about the NDAA. I was wrong then and they're wrong now.

Ah the deed is almost done. May be too late to complain or make a difference.

It's not just the two party system...

If you look at meat producers and slaughterhouses in this country, there are 4 major producers for almost all of the meat we consume. Why bother owning a Burger King or McDonalds, when the meat comes from the same slaughterhouse? Sonic, Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King... they are there to give you a false sense of choice when in fact their meat and other ingredients comes from the same place. It's because if you ONLY had one of them, people would eventually get tired of it, and feeling like they don't have a choice, would stop eating from that place all together, mostly in protest.

Ah, but put a "competitor" in the picture, and all of a sudden, that same person will go back and forth between the two thinking that they have a choice.

Another topic for a different time, but a similar problem, is planned obsolescence. When it comes to technology, the iPhone 8 is already developed and built, but why would they sell it to us now when they can profit from the 5,6 and 7 by the billions? At the end of the day, all of the materials for every piece of technology we consume today comes from just a few places. They all get their semi-conductors, resistors, capacitors, etc from a small set of corporations, who depend on the raw materials from an even smaller set of corporations. But there MUST be more than one, so that they can prevent competition by others who don't accept the notion of only having one option. If people feel there is only one choice, they usually take some kind of action, like creating a second choice for themselves, such as forming a new company (or government even) to "fill the gap".

By giving you the false sense of having a choice, most people will never try to go outside of those choices, even if they both are less than ideal.

This is why we have to keep thinking beyond the illusion and make new choices, even when it seems impossible, because that's what they want you to believe, even when it's not the truth.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So what's your proposed solution? Any ideas?
edit on 3-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So what's your proposed solution? Any ideas?
edit on 3-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

That's a tough question, although I've laid out some ideas in this thread...

I say we turn it around on them! Start getting enough people to organize and propose changing the laws around how Congress gets paid, what kind of medical care they get (should be the same as us), take away all of their "special" privileges, and make them more accountable by creating easier methods of impeaching them. This can all be done with signed petitions along with public awareness. Of course, the catch... it WILL take money to pull it off.

The kicker... is once the public starts to see Congress vote those kinds of measures down, they'll start to realize how corrupt and entitled they are, and how they care more about lining their pockets than the People. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, and Congress and public officials are no exceptions. They should be treated like anyone else, and as public servants. It started to surface with the medical laws changing for us, but NOT for THEM, which angered millions of Americans and will likely have a direct impact on this election. We need men of virtue, with demonstrated backgrounds showing their interest in helping people.

The next thing to do would be to petition putting the power to coin money back into the hands of the people by keeping the Federal Reserve as a bank of all banks, but only giving them the money that our government prints instead of giving them the power to print it.

Both of these things would be a good start. From there, the currently corrupt system would start to fall apart, as the banks would lose their power to influence matters once they no longer have an inexhaustible supply of money that they can control through the Fed. This would also change how laws are created to protect corporations instead of people, and eventually, the tides will turn back in the favor of the people.

If someone really wanted to, they could even create a show like American Idol or The Voice, except call it "The Man", and spend several months vetting people publicly on the same stage that is used to manipulate us today.

This is what I mean by use their tools against them. It can be done, and maybe I'm not the person to figure out how, but it has to happen.

I'd love to hear other members suggestions, and not just philosophical ideas, but real tangible ideas based on using the current system and all of its loopholes. After all, these elite masters of illusion are in fact just men (and women) and are not above anyone else in that regard, so there has to be people smarter that can find ways to turn the tide.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Before you begin making speeches about how they don't care about the people, look to the ones who actually control everything and look to the long term plans (as in the next 2,000 years) and see what they have in store for us.

Our greatest weakness is our lack of sight. That's why we confuse want with need, because we've become too addicted to external stimuli as a result of becoming material gods. But that's their mistake. We can probably fix it, but first we have to come up with a solution to wean the world off of the physical and reintroduce it to the nonphysical.

We can go from there.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I like your thread and i agree with you about the illusion of choice.The problem is i think its to late for us to change anything.To many of us want to be spoon fed and not to think on our own.I hope i am worng and we can wake up

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by rwfresh

I'm sure that there are several wise leaders who cared even when they were not cared for. It takes true wisdom to love where there is none.

You've misunderstood what i said. What you should not do is cast pearls to swine. This is not a personal thing. It means do not give attention to things that have no substance. If someone says "it doesn't matter" to them then take their word for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

But what if it should matter?

This world is a perfect example of people who give no thought to things that, in actuality, could use quite a bit of thought. After all, "It doesn't matter." And see where that's gotten us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join