It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Big Cats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok, i'm not a cat breeding expert.

But I know for a fact that black cats do better at hunting, so maybe the panthers were better equipped for england.

Australia is a country under british rule, and the same laws I am sure, applied there as well as in england, and the "colonial" peoples probably brought their big cats from england, because they want to not look like inbred criminals for not having the same fads as the british overlords...

We ALL know about your cat problem in australia, why wouldn't just a FEW cats survive in that warm country with lots of creatures that are oblivious to cat dangers, when cats survive in rainy england?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, not to make anything else of this, but I live in NW Pennsylvania, and a few nights ago my neighbors were out on their porch almost around dusk. All of a sudden they heard a terrible noise from down behind their house, a noice that sounded like a screaming woman, one of their dogs ran to the edge of the lawn, the other ran to the edge of the creek in the field, both stood there at attention with their hair up and barking and growling at nothing anyone could see.

Now, a couple days later my grandparents were relating this story to me (they aren't old, early 60's). As they were telling me this they said to watch out outside. After asking why, they told me that that sound is made by a Panther! I was completely flabbergasted at this and I still dont see how I have hunted for many years, hiked all through these woods, yet never seen anything near resembling this.

Another wierd thing, there's an area a few miles from my home, named Panther Gap. And also my elementary school's mascot was a Panther.. It seems this area is known for them, but I can't find any information relating to it.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was listening to Coast to Coast one evening from June 04 or June 05 (Around that time of year), and they where having Calls in from all along the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers. There was enough sightings, that you could track these Felines, MOVING UP the System, from Louisanna to Ohio. (This was how far they expected them to have travelled based on the Calls) Some sighted them in the South around Dec 04, Someone else saw 1 in Early Jan 05 about 300 Miles north. Some saw one or two cats at dusk, and swore they where Black, but had Manes, like lions. They where further north still, and the calls seemed random. June sightings in Ohio, as most recent. The further back in the Sighting dates, the further south they where.

And I repeat, During the Show, a large number infered they had Manes, like a Lions.

As for those sightings, it is expected their is a Family. Maybe 7 - 10 Members, and they wander, following food, but tend not to like snow.

Then, a Native American called in and mentioned this was also part of their Lore. These cats have been here for thousands of years, and due to their nature, they are elusive.

And see the following cat that was caught. Na There's no big cats prowling.
www.cryptomundo.com...

Heres a sight with Reports of occurances from 2003 to 2006
www.bigcatrescue.org...

If I find the Native aspect, I post it shortly.

But yes, I believe they are out there, taken Calves, Sheep, Dogs, Cats, and humans along the way.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Shane]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I found a story on the BBC website that discusses big cats in the UK and even mentions two captive big cats being seized from a farm. The article also gives a theory of why the big cats are about stating that it could be criminals buying these pets such as drug dealers as a detterant from intruders.
BBC Big cat story

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
yeah, there have been reports of a big black cat around where i live (the middle of no-where)
its been sighted by loads of people in the near by village
my bro and mother said they have seen it when walking the dog on the fields
some livestock have been reported missing and i dont think a fox could carry away a sheep.....
im gunna keep my eyes open and have a camera ready, ill get a picture of the bugger
= D

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A little over a month ago there was a couple sightings of large cats on Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland, US - That's right from where the Air Force One takes off. I am by no means suggesting a connection between the cats and some bizzare conspiracy. Here is a link from Wash. Post. I've lived here for 6 years and never heard of such an animal before in this area. I came from Colorado before and Mountain Lions were common. Still interesting though.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There are ment to be big cats in a woods near me. If anyone knows the Plymouth, UK area, then they may know Cann woods, which is where they are supposed to live. A guy who lives down the road said he had seen them when he was walking his dog. He said the face was too flat to be a dogs. As for them not being seen often, the mountain biker population tends to hang out in Cann woods which is usualy about 20 strong, so cats are gonna steer clear I should think. Also, I'm sure one was hit by a car not too long ago and the police tried covering it up. I'll try and find the story.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I thought it strange that I saw this thread since last night or rather very early this morning, I saw something that looked like a very large and very fast black cat. A black panther probably better fits the description. I didn't know there were any black panthers in South Carolina. However I did find someone else reported seeing them in another part of the state. www.cryptozoology.com...

The reason it frightened me was because I was driving down a two lane road surrounded by woods. There are deer in the area but that section of road I had not ever spotted any. Anyway I had my low beams on and suddenly I spotted something dark about 2 to 2.5 feet tall with a long body running right in front of my car. My heart beat increased as I thought I was surely going to hit it and my car would be damaged. I quickly hit my brakes only for a split second tops. I expected to hear and feel a big thump as I braced for impact. Then nothing. That thing was so fast it must have cleared my car probably by a hair. Considering this happened only a few miles from where I live, I now have something else to watch out for other than wild deer crossing the road.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The big cats are movign to Ohio. My friend hit one with a semi truck. It was definitly a mountain lion. It happened by Tappan Lake (about 40 minutes south of Akron).

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well I'm Reigniting this thread with some compelling new information!!!

Big Cats

A survey by the British Big Cats Society reported well over 2,000 suspected big cat sighting across the country between 2004 and 2005.

"I think it is good that people in authority are admitting the truth. It is time the government admits that these cats exist in Britain and they are a threat to livestock and to humans."

Very Exciting indeed!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Official confirmation of the existance of Big Cats in Britain by the Forestry Commission.

FEROCIOUS big cats DO live in Britain — after being seen by Forestry Commission rangers. The official confirmation came yesterday — proving thousands of members of the public have been right for years.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Although the sun is one of the more dubious sources of information in the British Media assuming this is legitimate it is a big step for cryptozoologists around the globe. A once thought mythical creature has been confirmed in our very own backgardens.

If this can be found in Britain just imagine what could be found in some of the more remote regions of the world.

I3LiP

[edit on 14-1-09 by I3LiP]: I've just read the source from the post above. My bad, but lets give this some more attention?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I seen a wolf down in California once. They are supposed to be extinct in Cali, living only in washington and Alaska, but i saw the #er. Bigger than a coyote, and silvery. A definite wolf. Dunno how he got there once tho.

Minnesota has plenty of wolves, just ask those farmers.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Eh up..

Bristol police were called out to hunt for a lion after two reported sightings of a big cat in South Gloucestershire.

BBC News Link

Big cats live in the UK, no doubt.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join