It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are YOU Waiting for Godot ??....................(he never comes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The heartland of America, no longer proclaims itself the home of freedom.....
Firemen are prohibited to show the flag on their trucks......
We grow more corn to make bio diesel, than we grow to feed the hungry anymore.......I remember...."the worlds breadbasket"
Seems fuel profits are worth the cost in starving children.....Though i believe the old timers would have just told the goverment to STFU and grow whats good for the people.......they all died out or sold out to big agriculture after years of fight.......a man grows old and tired........his children betray their heritage.........money it seems is all it takes.....but we cant eat the paper or drink the bio diesel now.
And nobody is asking how much bio diesel it takes to grow the corn in the first place...........
Laws get passed......separating the peoples will from the reigns (sic) of goverments......isolating them from each other.....
creating a social class of outcasts....unwanted, they drift outside the fringes of the law...a handy source for private prison labourers.....running afoul of petty social grievances passed by weak and greedy legislators.... guaranteed recriuitment for the corporate prisons.

And through it all this bewildering charge towards a two class society composed of the elite and the indentured and controlled who remain to do the dirty work.Through all the brutalities, and atrocities, brought upon us by the maniacs in power,we have hunched our shoulders and taken the blows to our freedoms and our bodies, our moral outrage, and our self respect.............many questioning the sanity of the courses our leaders have set.......
, others stiffling quiet rage at the obivous rape of our precious freedoms......

Now we are at the crossroads history....the intersecting threads of world wide machinations have criss crossed and knotted at perilous junctures.Greed,insanity, and lust rule.....
The resulting backlash threatening once again world wide conflict. AND our liberty.
Many are awakened.....many more are ready to come out of their comas if they, were only to hear the right voice....
The clear voice of sweet reason.....
The duty demanding voice of unassailable logic.

Meanwhile our earstwhile emperors posture and parade, in front of us......proclaiming their moral superiority, and right to govern by decree.......bloated with the spoils of our hard won labours, and drunk with the blood of our children....they direct the death marches and the battles,untroubled by the carnage.....
While we..........wait......we learn, and we know, and we are waiting for the day the cry will go up.......these emperors have no clothes!they are morally,naked, devoid of humanity.........
That one cry of dissent....that voice everyone can hear..............how refreshing to break out...throw off the bonds of social moores and truely be neighbours again.........
Like the play......in which they sit waiting for the man....this man Godot......the interminable time they spend.....and
of course in the play....Godot never comes.....

I put this to you now.......along with certain other threads which you may judge yourselves......
Who will take up the mantle of the people?
What voice will speak for us all?
Of the current bunch of possible men....generals, senators, congressmen, popular and well known persons etc....
is there anyone even out there today who could and maybe even would lead a popular uprising to a peaceful change of goverment?
What if any names could rally the people to work together to move this country back to the founding principals on which it was begun.??
Who would you follow? who would you not?
Are there men who could make this happen existing in America today?
oathkeepers,patriots,citizens of the republic?

It is plain to me that the political process is too badly corrupt to be an effective way to change for the better.......
This leaves the people very little choice....something between a rock, and a hard place......
One)..... Armed insurrection against the worlds mightiest killing machine.....(a total last resort at the very best)
two)......Civil disobedience and peaceful revolutionary methods proven in the recent Arab Springs, Colour revolutions, and the freeing of poland from the Soviet.....
three)......Your alternative here............????

The question is pretty self evident, and everyone should be mulling over his/her personal answer.
We will be called upon all of us soon......
peace
edit on 1-9-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Four hours old and no replies.......is everyone scared theyll end up like the exmarine on facebook?
things have gone way beyond that....either you will stand up for freedom or live on your knees forever......
What is America made of these days green cheese?
I suppose there are NO dissidents, and everyone has all he needs right?
We are the freeest people in the world today right?
Wrong! Several countries have more constitutional freedom than we do......
The time for a real leader is now, but who is that man?
Whats the name behind that voice of reason? Gary Johnson? The venerable Ron Paul?
Who could lead the march to freedom for all.....?
general Mc Christal? i think hes hoping to be potus maybe someday.....
Anyone else we could trust?
Former Marine corps leaders?
Some third fringe party?
Whos gonna take us out of this living nightmare of a lost and dying america?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Honestly, there are a lot of people who would probably agree with you, but your writing comes out as a bit incoherent and generally uncomfortable to read. Maybe if you rewrote it without all the ellipses and just tried to clean it up in general, more people would reply. I doubt that anyone is avoiding responding for fear of potential consequences.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nanocyte
Honestly, there are a lot of people who would probably agree with you, but your writing comes out as a bit incoherent and generally uncomfortable to read. Maybe if you rewrote it without all the ellipses and just tried to clean it up in general, more people would reply. I doubt that anyone is avoiding responding for fear of potential consequences.

Well, the OP does use a lot of dramatic pauses in their writing, it looks like they may have omitted a word or two and they could work on grammar in places, but it hardly makes it incoherent. Maybe annoying for some people to try to read, but it makes sense.

And he outlines quiet a few of the problems facing America.

First, the utter hypocrisy of a country that calls itself the home of freedom and yet firefighters can't have American flags on their truck.

Second; and I would say a very relevant point at this time, the fact that a large portion; I do believe at least 40 percent of the corn produced, is being used to make bio diesel, even though a severe drought has caused severe shortages in corn production. Shortages that will drive up the cost of not only corn for human consumption, but also feed corn for livestock, which will in turn drive up the coast of meat in the near future. I personally think it's a very good point that our nation very soon may face starvation, so companies can make money off bio diesel. Also the loss of the small farms to agro business.

Third, he mentions the problem of the corrupt politicians no longer working for the people and passing laws and unjust regulations in contradiction to the will of the people. Unjust laws that turn the common individual into a criminal. And once the common man has been turned into a criminal they are funneled into the corporate factory prisons as basically slave labor for the corporations.

Fourth, he talks about the destruction of the middle class, which is being destroyed through the inflation of the currency and excessive taxation. It's getting harder and harder for the average individual to make ends meet and if it keeps going the way it is going there will only be two classes; the rich and the poor.

Fifth, he points out that most people are just letting there freedoms be stripped from them by the corrupt politicians and are doing nothing about it, other than question and quietly rage against it.

Sixth, he mentions that the corrupt politicians in serving their corporate masters are simultaneously courting a global war and the loss of the peoples liberties, through their corrupt and crazy policies.

Seventh, he points out how the corrupt politicians have become like a modern day aristocracy, who feel entitled to the peoples money in the form of taxes and who will constantly take more and more of it, while never cutting spending; having become opulent on the peoples wealth. And like little emperors, they wage wars for profit, sending the sons and daughters of America to their death, while they and their own children remain safe from harm.

Eighth, he talks about the people not doing anything, because most are waiting for some savior figure, some anointed leader to raise the call and lead them into action. Of course, he also points out that this leader; this Godot, never comes.

Ninth, he asks who will be this person this great leader or voice for the people against the current tyranny that is over taking them.

Tenth, he offers the only two solutions he can see for the current problem; armed insurrection or civil disobedience and then asks the readers for their own solution.

Now the OPs writing style may be a bit course or annoying for some, but not really incoherent, but that is just my opinion though.
edit on 2-9-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 2-9-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Four hours old and no replies.......is everyone scared theyll end up like the exmarine on facebook?
things have gone way beyond that....either you will stand up for freedom or live on your knees forever......
What is America made of these days green cheese?
I suppose there are NO dissidents, and everyone has all he needs right?
We are the freeest people in the world today right?
Wrong! Several countries have more constitutional freedom than we do......
The time for a real leader is now, but who is that man?
Whats the name behind that voice of reason? Gary Johnson? The venerable Ron Paul?
Who could lead the march to freedom for all.....?
general Mc Christal? i think hes hoping to be potus maybe someday.....
Anyone else we could trust?
Former Marine corps leaders?
Some third fringe party?
Whos gonna take us out of this living nightmare of a lost and dying america?

Unfortunately OP noone will do anything about the corruption or the tyranny in this nation. The poor don't want to lose what benefits they have and the middle class don't want to risk what little they have until the last drop is gone. Unfortunately the majority of the American people are for the most part cowardly and apathetic and those that might actually stand up will only be labeled terrorists and massively crushed by superior firepower. The sad thing is the majority will probably cheer when they see it in the news, believing they have been saved from Goldstien by good old Uncle Sam.

What is worse is it doesn't even matter if there was a Godot, a great orator and leader who stood up and eloquently explained the problems in the greatest speech ever written and delivered. The sheeple will do nothing, they don't believe in risk and self sacrifice anymore. There will be no revolution peaceful or otherwise and the America of liberty and freedom, will go quietly into that good night. We are all just prisoners on a ship of fools.

edit on 2-9-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 2-9-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sorry if my writing style sucks.....I believe in trying to give people some kind of feel for the words im using....trying to make them stick and relate to everyone personally....
As far as grammar goes....yer lucky i edit feverishly every post.....fat finger and broken keyboard syndrome...i have to go back and put some letters in twice because they dont take the first time....
Still and all i am dissapointed we didnt get a great discussion going about my question........i think it is pertinent to think about this and also timely.
With the election comming up, and still no real choice between tweedle dee and tweedle dum, we are at a loss for alternative policies or platforms.
Or even a leader we can respect......even if we disagree with him on some stuff.
Like the Arab spring revolution in egypt, it didnt take off till one man self immolated (set fire to himself|)
What can spur or stir the people to make the leap from their couches to the streets?

edit on 2-9-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join