It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Nature of the Universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I had this question asked to me by a family member, and even though I have some thoughts about it, I couldn't put it into words.

So, please help me out here. Give me some thoughts on what you think the Nature of the Universe is.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The universe is constantly progressing towards a higher state of entropy.

That's all you need to know.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There is no spoon.

Second.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"The universe is the nature of the universe. It can only be described tautologically." That's all you need to say and you'll always be right.
edit on 1-9-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Let's focus less on what the universe is, and more on how to keep ourselves from destroying it...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I think that's the best post on this thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
From a Biblical point of view, do you think "the universe is always progressing towards a higher state of consciousness to become one with God" could be a good answer?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I could expound on some of my ideas, beliefs, and theories, but I'm not sure I could offer an answer that would satisfy a Biblical point of view. Sorry.
edit on 1-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

To sustain life.
Final answer.

After

I think that's the best post on this thread

That isn't saying much seeing that the thread just started.

edit on 1-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Before asking about the nature of the universe, I think you must first establish that the universe actually IS.

Have fun with that.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I like that line of thought.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
To sustain life.
Final answer.

This is just my opinion but I could never subscribe to that belief simply because it wouldn't make sense..

a sandwich that becomes moldy, was it's intention clearly to create that mold? or was it a result?

Life is the mold on that sandwich which grew because it could.

IMO, The universe has always been here, and always will, life is a result of incremental change over billions of years.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Honesty - That is the nature of the universe. It is just doing what it does regardless of what "others" think.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by sled735

The universe is constantly progressing towards a higher state of entropy.

That's all you need to know.

Entropy, like time, runs in one direction only (it is not a reversible process). This is a common perception or theory based on scientific observation.

The theory that over unimaginable amounts of time the Universe is expanding and eventually will burn out is non sense based on a worms eye view of reality.
There are other Natural Laws involved.

Is there an end to the Universe - Yes it is where the next one begins.
The common perception of Death be it a star or Universe is it is an ultimate end- Yet I think not
Stars supernova and create more stars on the process
The so called dead star which I call changed star then plays a different role and is far from dead - It has merely finished one part of it's inherent nature.
Universes follow the same model as stars
IE Supernova equates to Big Bang - though I believe there are other processes involved prior to that event

What is death but change and what is termed as dead is that which is yet to worked on in a cosmic/spiritual sense

One more point I would like to make is that we have a worms eye view of reality and the Universe we perceive IE stars etc is but the base of the Universe - It has other realms

We are beings of soul is what I believe - The soul is Immortal whilst the body is mortal
The Universe is a larger body of a larger being of which we are a part

edit on 1-9-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I would think that life experience itself would inform that truth hardly ever makes sense. Mold what a joke.

Doesn't resemble mold if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ah, yes, the nature of the universe is to sustain life...an interesting idea. The mold on the crust supports that. Your objection comes from the the viewpoint of consistently serving the self before serving others. This is an unnatural process because you cannot survive without giving, but we have been trained to believe that all giving compromises survival of the self to an unacceptable degree. Whether this is accurate is entirely subjective.

The truth is in the mind, as evidenced by our fractured perspective as a whole.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Ah, yes, the nature of the universe is to sustain life...an interesting idea. The mold on the crust supports that. Your objection comes from the viewpoint of consistently serving the self before serving others. This is an unnatural process because you cannot survive without giving, but we have been trained to believe that all giving compromises survival of the self to an unacceptable degree. Whether this is accurate is entirely subjective.

The truth is in the mind, as evidenced by our fractured perspective as a whole.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Can't believe I just starred your post.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I would think that life experience itself would inform that truth hardly ever makes sense. Mold what a joke.

Doesn't resemble mold if you ask me.

That's one fine piece of mold if you ask me

horrible metaphor I know, it was literally the first thing that came to mind that I could relate what I was thinking.

I'm not saying life is a piece of mold literally, life is precious and beautiful.
IMO it is a result, not the rule.

were it the rule, it would be dominant everywhere. from what we perceive, it seems to be the case on our one planet, and I may subscribe to your idea should we realize it is on other planets within our solar system.

based on the evidence I have though, earth's conditions were just right at the right time.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That's one fine piece of mold if you ask me

I thought you might change your tune a tad. I love and believe in a Creator but I am so human.

BTW your avatar looks hilarious up against her.
LMAO

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join