It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho Charter school turns down money for education!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
AP) During these tough budget times, schools don't often pass up a check for $10,000. But that's just what one Idaho charter school has done � to set a moral example for students.

The North Star Public Charter School turned down the money because it came from the Idaho State Lottery and school officials decided that taking gambling money would conflict with the school's mission of developing virtuous citizens

www.cbsnews.com...

"We couldn't in good conscience take the money," said Gale Pooley, co-founder and chairman of the school board. "It's the less fortunate and the poor in the communities who are buying these tickets, and children are the ones who will pay for it."

I can't believe any school would be so narrow minded as to turn down money for the purpose of education children! If it came from the sale of child prostituion or drug money, since they are both far worse and illegal I could see it but not lottery money!I don't know why this guy thinks only poor people buy lottery tickets. Also where does he think tax money comes from? Only rich people? Keep in mind this guy is chairman of the board! Scary!

new topics

join