It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Inspector Tyrants Raid Farm To Fork Picnic Dinner

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Private dinner is one thing, charging is another. Although I think the health inspector went overboard, think of it this way:

Private farm slaughters a few pigs/cows that were unknowingly diseased and could cause people to be ill. Serves said food, and people DO get sick, and possibly die. If a family decides to be self sustainable, then it's on them. But when they decide to make a huge dinner, and charge for it, no bueno. Am I making a little sense?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSceptic
Private dinner is one thing, charging is another. Although I think the health inspector went overboard, think of it this way:

Private farm slaughters a few pigs/cows that were unknowingly diseased and could cause people to be ill. Serves said food, and people DO get sick, and possibly die. If a family decides to be self sustainable, then it's on them. But when they decide to make a huge dinner, and charge for it, no bueno. Am I making a little sense?

No not at all all these people knew what they were getting this was a private gathering not open to the public. The money was to offset the cost of hiring chefs and kitchens etc not for profit not to pay for the food.. Some of the guest brought food too.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I am sorry, but if I decide to hold a private dinner, then I myself would be responsible for the costs of chefs, whatever. If you want to bring other dishes to this, then great, but i would not ask you or anyone to help cover the costs. Very odd. Did they break even, or make a profit off this?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSceptic
reply to post by hawkiye

I am sorry, but if I decide to hold a private dinner, then I myself would be responsible for the costs of chefs, whatever. If you want to bring other dishes to this, then great, but i would not ask you or anyone to help cover the costs. Very odd. Did they break even, or make a profit off this?

If you read the articles thoroughly you would know this was non-profit. And it is not odd to ask others to pitch in to defray costs it is done all the time. Are you telling me you have never had family or friends do a pitch in for dinner? I doubt it unless you live under a rock.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The one thing I have difficulty comprehending about this entire story is that such a large group of people were so intimidated by a single person carrying a clipboard, to the point of actively complying with his obviously ridiculous demands?

If my family were involved, they would have run that ignorant bureaucrat right out of the area and continued on with the picnic - and eat before the cops showed up. I'm not saying this to sound tough but that's how I honestly think they'd react, which is why I'm perplexed that the food was destroyed.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join