It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Inspector Tyrants Raid Farm To Fork Picnic Dinner

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

As you rightly stated, it's very important to know your rights for incidents like this. Even if the inspector DID have a warrant, If it wasn't signed, in pen by the relevent inspector general, then that would be invalid too. IF she had had a warrant and it was just a print off then the warrant would be invalid but not many people are aware of this.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
reply to post by hawkiye

I love Canada a little more every time I see stories like this, we don't have those probs here "so far" knock on wood... You can buy food from farmers that wasn't chemically treated and I'll tell you what it taste much better and feels way better after you've ate it than most of what you get in stores...

Where I live you can pay farmers to raise, grow your own cow or beef or whatever you want and when the time comes they kill it and cut it and pack it for you and deliver you a huge box of nicely and very well cut, individually packed meat in any shape or form you want... hamburg, steaks and all.. I've visited his place where he cut it and trust me its cleaner than any store fridge I've ever seen looks like something out of M.Net commercial...

In Fredericton there's something called the "Meat Market" where you can go buy tons of food made by farmers and it range from meat, sausages to cheese and pretty much a little of everything u can imagine much cheaper than stores stuff and all and its all home made and its DELICIOUS... no conservation agents and this crap... They been doing it forever and I've never heard of a complain or accident or food poisoning...

This is all BS to make the industries run and government steal taxes...

That food inspector should have the money she cost them deducted from her pay, fired and be forced to submit to a psychological checkup before being allow to apply for another governmental job...

Its the same in the US that is why this is such big news this inspector far overstepped her bounds this was a blatant attack on fresh natural foods by the factory farm lobby and one of it's lackey's.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ATS double tap
edit on 2-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Maybe if they would submit to the regulations and controls necessary for those whom whish to make their food available to the public that wouldnt happen.

Maybe if you wanna follow us Corporate rules " like the rest of them" you should. I for one do not have anything to do with any corporations rules. Warrant or no, right is right. Wrong is somewhat oblique.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That is how many big businesses in this country originally got started. Are you saying that building a business by giving away stuff needs to be regulated? If a bank gives away hot dogs, pop, and chips away for a promotion does it matter that 20 percent of people are allergic to one of these things for multiple reasons whether they are compounded or direct allergies. The farm of this thread doesn't make the people eat the food, it offers it for free and the people have the right to eat it or not. If signs are posted that the food is not all inspected by the USDA and FDA, then I see no problem. "This is a farm, graze at your own risk"

The fact that this event was held at the farm means that Listeria is present in the air and people that can't fight it shouldn't even be there. It then is safe to say that all food in that environment, whether store bought or farm raised could support these organisms. Very few people are bothered by Listeria, that is well known. The Listeria in big corporate farms gets into the wind and travels all over the country. Like I said, not that many people are susceptible to this bacteria anyway, why do they make such an issue of it. It is in soils everywhere.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I just read this. It offers some interesting points

jasonsandeman.com...

While I agree that the govt is being far too ham fisted about these food issues I am glad we have some regulation.. but it is apparent that only the BIG BOYS (ie corporations) need apply ...

y ou are a small farmer.. get out of the way. Obviously the regulations are being encoulraged by the big food corporations too stay on top.

they don't like competition

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trivium68
I just read this. It offers some interesting points

jasonsandeman.com...

While I agree that the govt is being far too ham fisted about these food issues I am glad we have some regulation.. but it is apparent that only the BIG BOYS (ie corporations) need apply ...

y ou are a small farmer.. get out of the way. Obviously the regulations are being encoulraged by the big food corporations too stay on top.

they don't like competition

Our main food supply is garbage and full of poisons the worst it has ever been in history! Regulation has done nothing but create this living nightmare. It is up to individuals to know what they are eating. Turning this responsibility over to government agents who are nothing but lackeys for factory farms has resulted in this abomination of poisoned and GMO foods!

By the way that is a good article and interesting perspective. I agree with him for the most part except he missed the mark on the food being up to temperature. They had not started reheating it yet they were about to but the inspector would not let them and insisted on it being destroyed. Bottom line is they not knowing their rights blew it also. Still this lady had no authority as evidenced by the lack of citation by her or the police.
edit on 2-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Sorry hawkiye, I have little to add to this discussion but my own frustration.

Perhaps the world I grew up in was evil. Evil old ladies bringing over extra vegetables from their garden to share with the neighbors. Evil farmers down the road who raised chickens for us. Evil critters in the woods who got eaten after hunting season. I am surprised I actually lived through that hell on Earth.

The really sad part is I have a friend who will not eat a tomato out of my garden. Unless it comes from Walmart in a plastic wrapper with a sticker on it, he will not touch it. I feel sorry for him because my tomato's are awesome compared to those little balls of red plastic in the store.

I understand not every food inspector is like the ones in the story. I think if folks have to eat stuff from factory farms, maybe it is OK to have inspectors make sure it is at least safe to eat. However, if it is legal for those two in the story to do what they did, perhaps the regulatory body has strayed from the path.
edit on 2-9-2012 by ABNARTY because: sp

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Trivium68

Been that way for a real long time now. I don't think it is going to change anytime soon. Not all corporations or businesses are that way though. Some big companies don't know better, they actually think they are doing a service for humanity by using these chemicals that haven't been evaluated over a generation or more. Our present laws holds them harmless if the conditions are met. Who makes the laws, they are created by the industries themselves to increase their chances of survival. If you don't look at the problems that can arise in the future than you will not feel bad. You can always say I was not aware that I was eventually sickening millions of people. We have evolved to live with bacteria so they strengthened the bacteria to kill us off. Whether this was intentional or not, it still happened. These super bacteria will live in the soils for many years. Those who can live with them will have a peaceful life because not many people from other areas will be able to enter the area. Survivors will be on their own.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by boncho

That is how many big businesses in this country originally got started. Are you saying that building a business by giving away stuff needs to be regulated? .

Yes recently Trojan hired a marketing company in New York for a promo offer where they gave out free vibrators. Because they didn't have permits and they created unsafe traffic conditions they were shut down and told to redo their promotional offer with proper planning and permits.

10,000 people wandering through the streets for free sex toys could have led to a death....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by hawkiye

This was was a private pic nic. This would be like the health department wanting to inspect your thanksgiving dinner before you eat because you raised the turkey on your farm or shot it in the wild? You guys miss the point entirely.

If it was a private picnic, then why did the farmers apply for permits?

Ummmm....................Wow, another boncho bull...In your miniscule mind, my family reunion would need a "permit". And we would have to pour bleach on all that venison loin, because there wasn't usda stamp ink all over it. You always seem to fall on the opposite side of the fence with your posts, from the norm, I mean.

You get the YouSir are an.......award............please insert proper adjective..............what a boncho bull

So you charge money for your family picnics?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Geez, it really doesnt matter.
Have you ever been to a fish fry, bbq or any other get together that asked for a "cover charge" to help with the expenses?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by boncho

Geez, it really doesnt matter.
Have you ever been to a fish fry, bbq or any other get together that asked for a "cover charge" to help with the expenses?

Yes, depending on the event though some had permits and some didn't. I guess the most important thing is knowing which falls under which category no?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

reply to post by hawkiye

This was was a private pic nic. This would be like the health department wanting to inspect your thanksgiving dinner before you eat because you raised the turkey on your farm or shot it in the wild? You guys miss the point entirely.

If it was a private picnic, then why did the farmers apply for permits?

Ummmm....................Wow, another boncho bull...In your miniscule mind, my family reunion would need a "permit". And we would have to pour bleach on all that venison loin, because there wasn't usda stamp ink all over it. You always seem to fall on the opposite side of the fence with your posts, from the norm, I mean.

You get the YouSir are an.......award............please insert proper adjective..............what a boncho bull

So you charge money for your family picnics?

So you've never had a family member give you money to pitch in for food for a family picnic or get together?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, they should have not included the batteries with the vibrators so the people could not use them in their cars as they were driving home.
Could you see how a lot of people walking the streets banishing those things could have caused a problem? I bet nobodies mind was on work either.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So you've never had a family member give you money to pitch in for food for a family picnic or get together?

I think the key word there is family members and no, we do not have open invitations to our family bbq's nor do we do any marketing for them... And we are not part of any group/organization/other to promote our bbq's or encourage more people to partake in them.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by boncho

Well, they should have not included the batteries with the vibrators so the people could not use them in their cars as they were driving home.
Could you see how a lot of people walking the streets banishing those things could have caused a problem? I bet nobodies mind was on work either.

I appreciate sarcasm but, what you should consider is thousands of people walking around the core of NYC and the possibility of traffic jams, pedestrians being struck by cars, or just general issues like proper hygiene (ie bathrooms) for the people participating in the giveaway.

Not to mention the possibilities of people being trampled on or adequate supply of water being that it was during summer's peak. These are all things to consider for corporations or businesses alike and I don't see it being a bad thing that we hold them to that standard.
edit on 2-9-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

This applies to the OP as well. It's a slippery slope. If every farm were able to organize dinners where profit far exceeded wholesale rates after inspection, transportation, etc. ... It would create an environment where it would be extremely profitable to streamline these dinners under the guise of an "organic getaway" or some other marketing nonsense.

Then a new industry has a possibility of sprouting that circumnavigates consumer protection controls farmers have to abide by. Remember when I say "farmers" that includes giant farms that are mostly automated, or run no different than a large factory pumping out Nike shoes....
edit on 2-9-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is so crazy I felt compelled to start some image macros of Mary Oaks, "Health Inspector". Make your own and share.

Cheers from Alberta, Canada !
edit on 2-9-2012 by grantjennings because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Ha ridiculous. If I want to pick some lettuce out of my garden and make a salad for a family reunion why the hell should I have to ask someones permission before doing so? Regulations schmegulations. Just because someone makes it a law doesn't mean it should be. Maybe the government needs to crack down on all the gardens in my childhood neighborhood for lack of proper security, I mean I coulda gotten sick raiding all those gardens. Gimme a break.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When I started watching the video in the OP, it was like Déjà vu all over again. I was sure I saw it somewhere before. Sure enough, an ATS search brought up a thread from about 10 months ago covering the same topic.

It's still important information even if it is a little old.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join