It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Inspector Tyrants Raid Farm To Fork Picnic Dinner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ok Trying this again with the mods blessings and hope I don't violate any T&C's this time.

It is the latest case of extreme government food tyranny, and one that is sure to have you reeling in anger and disgust. Health department officials recently conducted a raid of Quail Hollow Farm, an organic community supported agriculture (CSA) farm in southern Nevada, during its special "farm to fork" picnic dinner put on for guests -- and the agent who arrived on the scene ordered that all the fresh, local produce and pasture-based meat that was intended for the meal be destroyed with bleach.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

This really chaps my hide! This health inspector destroyed thousands of dollars of farm fresh organic foods and then had the nerve to tell them to go buy food from the store for their guests and that she could not even feed it to her pigs. This was a private dinner on private property not for profit!

One of the so-called reasons for this action included the fact that some of the food packaging did not contain labels, even though labels are not necessary if the food is eaten within 72 hours. Oaks also cited the fact that some of the meat was not US Department of Agriculture (USDA) certified, that the vegetables had already been cut and were thus a "bio-hazard," and that there were no receipts for the food (which was all grown on the farm, not purchased from a grocery store).

Well there you go the State thinks they have the right to tell you what you can eat even if you grew it yourself... THEY DON'T!

Unaware of their rights, the Bledsoes initially complied with Oaks' unlawful demands and destroyed the food. But shortly thereafter, Laura's husband Monte remembered that they had an emergency contact number for the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) on their refrigerator.

Shocked that they even had to resort to this desperate measure, the Bledsoes called FTCLDF for advice and spoke with General Counsel Gary Cox, who instructed them to ask Oaks for a search and arrest warrant, which of course she did not have. The Bledsoes then asked Oaks to leave the property, upon which she allegedly stormed off in anger and screamed that she was going to call the police.

Police eventually arrived, but unaware of why they had been called and what the alleged crime was, they, too, left and offered their apologies to the Bledsoes. Fortunately, the Bledsoes were able to improvise with the chef to create a whole new meal for their guests, which ended up turning out to be a type of blessing in disguise, according to Laura.

If we do not start really standing up to this crap it is just going to get worse! There is a video of her telling her guests that they could not eat the food because of the health inspector.

Looks like she got some advice from a lawyer who helped her get the idiot inspector off the property. I would have thrown this person off the property immediately on their ear! This is why it is important to know your rights they cannot come on the property without a warrant!

It's times like these a backhoe could come in real handy! Health inspector? What health inspector?

Here is the full details of the story in her own words:

www.quailhollowfarmcsa.com...

Also there is several videos here of the incident including the smug health inspector forcing them to throw all the good food in the trash not even allowing them to feed it to their pigs. Watch that video if that doesn't enrage you nothing will.

Videos and Pictures

One other thing that incenses me is while I feel for these people and what they went through their ignorance is what allowed the health inspector to ride rough shod over their rights! They could have easily said no get the F off my property and end of story they were within their rights it was a private gathering. They also applied for the permit declaring it a public gathering giving these thugs the right to inspect (in the states mind). Why did they not call the damn attorney right then and there?

Goddammit people learn your rights and stop watching others rights getting trampled and still do nothing about learning your rights till they knock on your door! These people never expected them to pull this crap so they didn't bother to know their rights. How many of you are just like that? If that was me that inspector would have been out on her ear. Actually she probably would have never showed up cause I would have never signed the damnable contract begging for permission to hold a private picnic on my property. And if she did show up anyways well like said on her ear!

She had no authority to do anything which was proven when she called the cops and they did nothing and asked "her" to leave. She would have written them a citation if she had any authority. None of these corporate lackeys have authority to come on your property without a proper warrant not even the tax man! They could have avoided all this had they just known their rights and who they are.

edit on 1-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

There were more of them than there were of him. They shouldve ganged up on him and thrown his ass off their property.

They dont want us to know how to be self-sustaining, they want us dependent on the Govt and the Corporations that line their pockets.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Amazing. Someone must have a problem with this Farm to call an inspector on them. I am interested to here the back story on this.

On a different note, if this Farm supplies farmers market with product than what is the difference in cutting the produce at your own farm and feeding it to guests at your own farm??? The meat issue seems to be the only sticking point on this but if I raised a pig or a cow on my property and took it to a slaughter house I dont believe they USDA Grade that meat. I could be wrong but it doesnt seem right.

I am sure there is some vendetta on this farm which the County Supervisor has some part in it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah I am sure they were targeted for some reason this whole thing was ridiculous. The health department called them days before and said they needed a permit. How did they even know of the gathering? Theses thugs have their moles in the healthy food movement.

Had they known their rights that could have told the HD to stuff it when they called.

I chastised the folks for not knowing their rights. But over all this raid was a good thing because all those people who showed up saw first hand what many may have thought was over exaggeration of government food tyranny and also it is now getting coverage on the internet. Gee ho come you never see this stuff on MSM?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Maybe if they would submit to the regulations and controls necessary for those whom whish to make their food available to the public that wouldnt happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I posted in the other thread as well, since it has since been taken down I will try to recapture my thoughts here. This is clearly a case of an overzealous pencil pusher who exercised their authority far stronger than they should have. However, the regulations in place are to protect consumers. If every farmer bypassed regulations, including corporate farms, they would be saving money, and could capitalize on it like any other corporate industry.

Laura and Monte Bledsoe grow their own vegetables and raise their own cattle at Quail Hollow Farm in Overton. Late last year they held their first farm to fork dinner. But the Southern Nevada Health Department ordered them to stop the dinner and destroy the meal.

"It was fresh from the farm and it hadn't really been through U.S.D.A. facilities. We were not allowed to serve it," Bledsoe said.

On Tuesday, the Bledsoe's presented legislators on the health committee with a draft that would exempt small farmers in Nevada from having to get U.S.D.A. inspections.

In this case, the people involved are making a push to change legislation so smaller farms are not being held to corporate standard:

He says the proposed law would require small farmers to disclose before serving or selling that their product has not been processed or inspected.

"Sushi is a good example. When you go into a restaurant and you want to eat sushi, it says, remember you're eating something that's raw. And consumers make a decision about what to do that, that's the basic model we want to import here," Rowes said.

Rowes argues U.S.D.A. inspections were designed for big farmers with thousands of animals. The health department says it is now working with all sides to balance choice and public health. Lawmakers will meet again about this issue on May 1, 2012.

More on the story from the farmers here.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, what about Farmers Markets, do hey still have those? Growing up in Dallas, I would go to a Farmers Market with my Mom and Grandma, every Sunday.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Amazing. Someone must have a problem with this Farm to call an inspector on them. I am interested to here the back story on this.

On a different note, if this Farm supplies farmers market with product than what is the difference in cutting the produce at your own farm and feeding it to guests at your own farm??? The meat issue seems to be the only sticking point on this but if I raised a pig or a cow on my property and took it to a slaughter house I dont believe they USDA Grade that meat. I could be wrong but it doesnt seem right.

I am sure there is some vendetta on this farm which the County Supervisor has some part in it.

I was wondering that as well. I guess the difference is that Uncle Sam doesn't get their tax dollars from the sale?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
All awareness on this subject is welcome.
edit on 1-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Maybe if they would submit to the regulations and controls necessary for those whom whish to make their food available to the public that wouldnt happen.

They were not in violation of any regulations this was a blatant attack. What regulation were they in violation of? Food does not have to be labeled if eaten within 72 hours. They were not even subject to any of this. They were not selling meat to the public!

This was was a private pic nic. This would be like the health department wanting to inspect your thanksgiving dinner before you eat because you raised the turkey on your farm or shot it in the wild? You guys miss the point entirely.

On another note I am disappointed to see them run to the legislature to get "a law passed" They run to the same people who cause the problem in the first place and are in the pockets of the big factory farms. Just goes to show that they still do not know their rights. they were not in violation of anything as proven by the inspector not citing them for anything and being ejected from the property by police!

This was nothing more then a blatant attack by corporate lackeys posing as government agents protecting markets for their benefactors. Can't have healthy food growers catching on now can we might threaten the garbage peddlers bottom line who dominate the food industry these days.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
In California Farmers Markets are everywhere, especially in Central Cali. But, Cali is probably a little different as most of the food that people eat in other Countries and in the US come from California.

I believe the Corporate Supermarkets dont like Organic Farms all that much since it EATS into there bottom line. If everyone grew some type of food on there property and shared with there Neighbors than we probably wouldn't need as much land for farming as we do now. I know that really has nothing to do with this discussion but it seems there has been an increase in People growing there own food or at least being educated on the food they eat.

So, back on topic. The Health department called them a few days earlier to see if they had a permit??? What kind of permit did they need?? And, if the permit was for some kind of gathering how did it all of a sudden become MEAT needing to be USDA inspected???

In California, you can raise your own cattle and get it slaughtered on your property with no recourse from a health inspector. Now, if a neighbor sees blood from a slaughtered cow dripping into there property I am sure someone will be called.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
ATS double tap

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

In California, you can raise your own cattle and get it slaughtered on your property with no recourse from a health inspector. Now, if a neighbor sees blood from a slaughtered cow dripping into there property I am sure someone will be called.

It is like this in all states that's why this was a blatant attack on them and they were not even selling this meat it was a picnic for god sake.

In Idaho you can sell non graded produce like eggs and meat as long as have a sign saying it is not graded. Lots of small stores and restaurants do this selling local produce.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is all part of Agenda 21 and the food safety bill SR510.

Pretty soon we will need permission from the government just to use the bathroom.

We have to take our lives back. Time to wake up. Time to use your brain and throw out the TV.

More links on this story below:

South Nevada Health inspector Mary Oaks "just doing her job"

I’m glad Laura publicized Mary Oaks’ name and face. In the twenty years since the Rodney King incident, the pigs are just beginning to realize that they should assume they’ll be on Candid Camera every time they abuse their power and push people around. I hope that woman will be (in)famous from coast to coast, until she’s ashamed to show her face outside her door. Maybe a little “occupation” on the right-of-way in front of her house would teach her how it feels when the shoe’s on the other foot.

“People should not fear their governments. Governments should fear their people.”

Southern Nevada Health District Raids Farm

Southern Nevada Health District Raids Farm

So-called authorities raid organic farm picnic event

Health Dept Tyrants Raid Local 'Farm to Fork' Picnic

edit on 1-9-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by boncho

Well, what about Farmers Markets, do hey still have those? Growing up in Dallas, I would go to a Farmers Market with my Mom and Grandma, every Sunday.

From what I read of the story, it had something to do with them filing for a permit (which they weren't granted) that sent out the red flag. And a farmer's market is meant for sale of food but not consumption.

Not entirely sure the legalities that were considered in this case. The point of it, is that it was clearly overstepping by the person who organized the raid. The other point though, is that those regulations are in place for good reason as well.

Think of a major corp setting up factory farms and dumping food to table without going through any of the food safety protocols that are put in place. I'm sure they would gladly do it, but the department of agriculture has regulations in place to stop this from happening.

Unfortunately, the regulations were used against a group of people that the legislation doesn't seem to be intended for...

Rightly so, it's being fought in court.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thats good to know. I was thinking that Nevada had there own law about all beef being USDA Inspected.

The CHEF was really pissed in that video, you can tell. Chefs have an appreciation for Food and he was not happy bleaching all that food he was ready to prepare. Chefs generally find the best of the best to cook for there patrons and if anything the Health Inspector should of went directly to the Chef and asked him what he thought about the food. The Health Inspector is not a Chef and probably has no idea what good food really is and what fresh food really is. Maybe, the health inspectors should be Chefs???

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This was was a private pic nic. This would be like the health department wanting to inspect your thanksgiving dinner before you eat because you raised the turkey on your farm or shot it in the wild? You guys miss the point entirely.

If it was a private picnic, then why did the farmers apply for permits?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I believe an earlier post stated that the Health Inspectors called the Farm after learning of the Party and required the permits not the Farm going to get a permit. Thats my understanding.

Someone had it out for this farm and needing a permit might just be for the amount of people that were there. But, social events like this happen all over the Country without permits. Maybe someone can enlighten us on Nevada Law??

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by hawkiye

If it was a private picnic, then why did the farmers apply for permits?

Because they were called before hand by the health department (how'd they know of the picnic?) and duped into believing they needed one for their private picnic. And being the dutiful ignorant Americans they complied because they did not want any hassles and this is what they got for their troubles. Had they known their rights they would have told the health department to stuff it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Think of a major corp setting up factory farms and dumping food to table without going through any of the food safety protocols that are put in place. I'm sure they would gladly do it, but the department of agriculture has regulations in place to stop this from happening.

LOL hows that working out for us? The food supply is garbage and slow poison. Yeah we need more of this... Sigh!

How about people take responsibility for what they eat instead of leaving it to corrupt government agents who will sell their own mothers for a buck to tell them their food is safe... I buy meat and eggs cheese butter etc from local farmers and small stores that sell local produce some of it off of craigs list. I'll eat that any day over factory farm garbage they sell in super markets. Go watch the movie "Food Inc." and so will you!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join