It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take It Off: The Supreme Court and Invasive Strip Searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Take It Off: The Supreme Court and Invasive Strip Searches

veracitystew.com

Did you get arrested for walking your dog without a leash? Maybe you got behind on those parking tickets piling up in your glove compartment. Perhaps you were taken in to custody whilst peacefully protesting with your fellow Occupiers. Well, here’s hoping you wore clean underwear, because police can now strip search you for the smallest offense.

On Monday, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of invasive strip searches for even minor infractions.

Jailers may perform invasive strip searches on people arrested even for minor offenses, an ideologically divided Supreme Court ruled Monday, the conservative majority declaring that security trumps privacy in an often dangerous environment. In a 5-4 decision, the court ruled against a New Jersey man who was strip-searched in two county jails after his arrest on a warrant for an unpaid fine that he had, in reality, paid.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-9-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just received this on Facebook; I have to say I am extremely disappointed in this. I guess that lady who was strip searched on the side of the road with a tampon removed is simply going to become the norm these days.. What has this country degraded to? All I have to say is: First cop who tries to make me undress on the side of the road is in for one hell of a scuffle...I'm simply not going for that nonsense. I don't care what kind of activity you suspect me of; misdemeanors do not constitute you removing all my clothing articles to make sure I'm not hiding a Mossberg in my crotch.

veracitystew.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Its illegal and invasive and the Supreme Court NEEDS TO ANSWER TO THE PEOPLE AND BE SHOWN WHO THEY WORK FOR.

I would make it very very clear and not let this slip, for its your children's future. FIRE THEM. LINE UP AND TELL THEM THEY WILL BE PROSECUTED FOR TREASON AND BETRAYAL OF THE PEOPLE AND CONSTITUTION.

Get investigators on those PERV's and show them they aren't immune to the law.

There needs to be a huge civil group that watchdogs and times out any illegal court judges and decisions.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I swear our government and now with the help of the SC are trying their best to get the citizens of this country to perform an uprising.
Theyre creating domestic terrorists. Everyone has a breaking point...and it seems they are trying to get more people to that point, quicker.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It happens in Airports, so why not for those who are to be incarcerated??? Trust me my friend, I am with you on this and I think it is disgusting, but look how we have allowed the TSA to do the same things to us in the name of "our protection".........yet did any of those people wanting to travel break a law??

We have allowed the tyrants to take total control over us, and I am afraid it is only going to get worse! We can blame those in charge all we want, but as long as we tolerate these infringements on our persons and freedoms, we also need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves if we are not also responsible for allowing it to happen...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Let's see how enforcement of this goes when the subject of the strip search is this:

If we all looked like Ginsburg, we would never have to worry about being strip searched.

edit on 1-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I agree; every day that goes by an we don't do something, we are effectively going along to get along. This is probably the most damaging to our freedoms.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I agree; every day that goes by an we don't do something, we are effectively going along to get along. This is probably the most damaging to our freedoms.

Perfect example: Look at the number of people who vote every week on "American Idol"!!! Imagine if these drones would put some effort into how the government is taking control of their lives!?

I watched a stupid movie on Netflix last night called "God Bless America". The movie itself had very little entertainment value, however, the message in it very well applies to how our country has gotten to the ridiculous point that we are now in.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, God Bless Us All................we surely will need it as the goverment aint blessing anyone.
This is just another pull of the noose strangling the American people.
Impoverished, demoralised, and ready for the yoke.?.......Freedom Rings!
Somebody answer the call please!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This is old news...been posted and discussed before, but still worthy I suppose.

First, the Supreme Court didn't authorize anything beyond the normal scope of law; if you bothered to even read the opinion rather than the commentary. Second, this case was about rules governing prison officials acting in good faith under the color of the Law, in which the Court, along with myself, both see no problem with their actions.

With this case, I believe the petitioner took up the wrong mantle and that is why he lost. His beef shouldn't have been with the State and their practices of ensuring inmate safety but for the fact that his warrant, even after taken care of, was still in place. That is the bigger injustice in the case but it isn't as sensational or eye popping for the reality crowd that relies upon no critical thinking or thinking for that matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

All you do is prove you did not read or do not understand the article. This is specifically strip searching at jails upon admittance for any infraction. This has nothing to do with roadside anything. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I read the article; I understood it; I was joking. Was there really a need to post just to make yourself look like a jackass?
edit on 2-9-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I read the article; I understood it; I was joking. Was there really a need to post just to make yourself look like a jackass?
edit on 2-9-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

This is your quote.

First cop who tries to make me undress on the side of the road is in for one hell of a scuffle

So no, you did not understand it, you were not joking. You were clueless though, as I stated, and the only jackass is you apparently. This ruling has nothing to do with side of the road searches. Have a good day.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

It's called bringing livelyhood to a thread; if Cops can get permission to strip search anybody in a prison, it is NOT long before that scene with the woman and kids becomes the norm. I read the article; I understood it; it was a joke...Why does it matter unless you are just here to degrade somebody in an attempt to make yourself look like a 'pro'.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

What does strip searching prisoners at a holding facility have to do with strip searching people on the side of the rode? I guess by your logic they put people behind bars and lock them up so pretty soon we can expect police to carry portable cages to lock us up in for every routine traffic stop? See how silly you sound? It's only a joke if you weren't serious. You were, which negates it being a joke. Might want to crack the dictionary if you don't understand why.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Because cops are caring less and less about our freedoms; remember that this didn't even exist when that Lady got pulled out and strip searched. Obviously I know the chances of something happening like that to me are slim to none; so yes in fact it was a joke, but could be taken serious in the sense that if that were the scenario; yes I would follow through with what I said.

new topics

top topics

join