It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

really the New Age "goddess" women with the hot avatars are the super ugly in real life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
Now not that anyone gives a hoot what I might look like but I would never put my real name or any personal info out there linkable from ats. Even under my username. Ever hear of facial recognition? It is not that hard to get information about some people with just a pic. It only depends on where they posted their info and how well they manage privacy settings. And that guarantees nothing.

Yes! Let's remember that those of us here who are smart, are also paranoid. And also, since when is ATS a dating site? And if one is so inclined to glean dates from a conspiracy website, what kind of bonehead thinks anyone on here looks like their avatar? Who actually looks through potential avatar images, and says, Hmmm, this cartoon lady has my correct hair color and eye color, but is too busty... LOL!

It seems only yesterday I saw the post claiming that those of us without a blatantly feminine or masculine avatar were being treated like second class. I thought it had to be bunk, but I did notice a difference when I switched to this photo of Gemma Ward. I don't actually look like Gemma Ward. I chose it because think it's appropriate commentary on the scare-mongering that sometimes goes on here.

FYI - Many of the "chicks" on ATS do not want dates. If we are hot or not, we do not want to advertise it. Most of the internet is already such a boys club, reducing women to whether or not anyone would "hit it." That kind of attention is not fun! I'd almost rather my fellow posters assumed me a male.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Most of the internet is already such a boys club, reducing women to whether or not anyone would "hit it." That kind of attention is not fun! I'd almost rather my fellow posters assumed me a male.

Saying a internet is already a boys club is generalisation. I thought it was more like a girls club. No generalisations please, facts!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Whats that say about my avatar Athlon? How are you?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
NOOOO!!!! Don't tell me that someone on the internet is misrepresenting themselves!!!

There goes my date with Hugh Laurie...lying sons of b....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

im good fair lady.

Your avatar is a lion. Mabey you picked tha because what is important to you now in life is courage and strength.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I believe you are right as usual.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Can I ask why you addressed that to me?? Never mind cleaned my glasses lol carry on!
edit on 9/2/2012 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I'd be interested in knowing who starred the OP. I want to correctly correlate their usernames to their shallowness for future reference so I may account for that perspective in their posts on other threads.

I starred it, and I flagged the thread too. The OP's comment tallies with what I know of human nature, as well as what I have actually experienced.

I also agree that male members (ahem) with sexy avatars are the ones from whom the ladies run screaming.

Similarly, macho avatars indicate insecure poltroons; 'spiritual' avatars represent people who can't resist free offers and discounts, regal and commanding avatars are owned by untermensch and cosmic avatars signify couch potatoes who never leave the house.

Come on – isn't this the whole point of avatars?

Avatars I have used over the years include an elephant looking in a mirror, a gorgeous young woman of my acquaintance who likes shooting handguns, several pictures of Kim Jong Il taken from this hilarious site, and the infant son of Hector of Troy (my screen-namesake). Thus any fool can tell that I am a blind, male mouse who is afraid of loud bangs, have never oppressed a cowed, starving East Asian country and was not murdered in infancy by thuggish proto-Greeks.

For a long time I favoured an angry-looking feathered dinosaur, but this is the exception that proves the rule; in real life I am an angry dinosaur.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Spiritfilled

BEWARE WOMEN!

All those hunky, manly, super hot male avatars are, in reality, aging, fat, balding losers, high jacking their mother's internet connection from their, crudely fashioned basement apartment!

Don't try to date them! They all have lice.

Like my avatar. I portray myself as a STUD!!!

Lol

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am a woman and my avatar is Pluto.
The reason? because I am still pzzd off that they took pluto's planethood away.
I am a 60 yr old grandmother and proud of it...but if I take a notion to post an avatar of a Godess or a Gorilla, that is my right to choose. I am not on here to impress or vamp anyone. I am here to read the various topics on this site and participate where I find topics that interest me.

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

edit on 2-9-2012 by grumpydaysleeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
hahahah OP is new to the internet

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Sounds exactly like what I seen today.

This one "girl" on here used to have semi nude pictures of herself "trying" to look appealing. I never fell for her scam as she looked repulsive to me. NOW she has a new picture and she looks like a hog! Like huge.

Not gonna name names but it does start with a D so you can figure it out on your own.

And my avatar is already a fat bald man! But im not. What does that say about me lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Sinny

That's funny coming from someone who called me a "pointy haired freak".

Luv U 2, Sinny, dearie.

(You know the biggest sex organ in the body is the brain, but pictures of brains just don't seem to turn people on. Weird species, those humans).

edit on 2/9/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

I've no recollection of that..

Coming from somebody who insists Tesla was of no importance and the Pyramids are "just a cool way to stack rocks"...

Ill stick to the eyecandy aha.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

That was hilarious man

Very good..

*changes avatar*

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You have toxoplasmosis. Cats belong on farms.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I like eye candy.

Sometimes.

But it's frustrating as hell sometimes that you can look but can't touch.

That's called teasing, and some people ahte to be teased. Teasing in such a manner only breeds resentment.

So please, don't tease people.

And let's put an end to incel.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

Let me guess….. you do really well with the ladies don’t you?

You silver tongue devil you…. You know just what to say and they must flock from miles around.

Go get em tiger! You’re doing good, No, really you are!

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Beware ATS, this person's avatar of a Chihuahua is deceiving. I messaged him with a date proposal, and when we met in person it turned out to be a human. I've never been so repulsed in my life.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I generally like all the avatars.

There was one with a baby dressed up like Leather Face from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre a while back that I found distasteful, but it's no longer around.

I've often wondered about the penchant of the "Yeshua-type" Christians to always include lions in their avatars, and have found it ironic, for the Bible surely does say in 1 Peter 5:8:

"Be sober, be vigilant, your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour."

Yikes! Closet devil worshipers?
Surely not.
But I still find them cool avatars.

I wonder if more plus-sized mother goddess-type art was available, whether more people wouldn't choose it?
The prehistoric figures of goddess women were always rather rounded.
In many non-Western cultures that is still the ideal.
I bet many of these super-thin women wouldn't last long in a famine, let alone bear children in one.

But so what?
I'd date Pastor John Hagee or his son, for example.
Perhaps they aren't quite gay marriage material, but they're well groomed and good conversationalists.
Figuratively speaking, of course.
edit on 4-9-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Dating ATS stylee? Does that entail long steamy sessions swapping pics of firearms and your latest batches of powdered eggs? "Wanna come vibrate to a higher level in my bunker baby?".

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join