Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

really the New Age "goddess" women with the hot avatars are the super ugly in real life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you're judging by looks, most people on the internet are going to be disappointing to you (men and women alike). When I'm walking outside, I don't crush on everyone I see around me either. Millions of people are quite ordinary looking while a tiny percentage of them are models, athletes and the like. The internet allows a form of anonymity which in turn allows you to be whoever you wish you had been in real life. It offers an escape from reality and from judgment of that reality. They want the sexy or manly avatars? Let them enjoy it and don't get involved if you're not interested. For some (though not for all) it's a fantasy. Everyone wants to be loved and wishes for positive attention. It is more difficult for some people to be loved than others, because their outer appearance isn't exactly perfect. They may be beautiful in every other way. The internet is an exploratory tool for them, allowing them to communicate while being able to control what physical images of them are evaluated by others. Why would you want to crush it for them? As long as everyone is aware that the motto of the internet is "looks can be deceiving", we're all going to be just fine.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Spiritfilled

BEWARE WOMEN!

All those hunky, manly, super hot male avatars are, in reality, aging, fat, balding losers, high jacking their mother's internet connection from their, crudely fashioned basement apartment!

Don't try to date them! They all have lice.

I beg your pardon. I do not have lice.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Well thanks for spilling the beans so quickly, I thought we discussed not revealing that part of my life

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"Op" has not had a women in years.. Prove me wrong..

See how it feels "op" when you make accusations that you can not prove?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

And no doubt the men with the hot avatars are all middle aged, balding, pock marked 2 ton Tony's or why are they sitting home on the computer instead of out living the life of a rocker, with the hot chicks? Filled with spirit are you? Why is that such a laugh?

edit on 1-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

And a few of them are probably turned on by your avatar lol

link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
"Op" has not had a women in years.. Prove me wrong..

See how it feels "op" when you make accusations that you can not prove?

i am a virgin, however i DID move out of my parents basement several months ago

link   
Evidently the OP hasn't checked out the ATS members pictures thread. Just saying.

OP: It sounds to me like you got butt hurt, hooked up with someone online thinking that they were smoking hot and you got burned. LOL.

ETA: I had to flag this thread, the potential for comic relief is extremely high.
edit on 1-9-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

you asked for it.

btw, have you ever been rick-rolled ?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

evidently you didn't read the thread! I already said that. lol

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by kimish

evidently you didn't read the thread! I already said that. lol

Touche`. I admit, I was quick to jump the gun on the reply.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

You like tacos.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
beware these people they pic real hot sexy avatars, but if you watch their videos you see they are the most ugly and fat in real life. this phenomeno is particularly true with new-age "goddess" type women. beware you dont get your hopes too high if you are thinking of dating one watch out, the avatar tricks the mind into expecting them to look nice, nope they dont at all

What? Are you ten? What business is this of yours? Are women posters here to serve as fantasy dates for you? At ATS women know that you troll here looking to stalk female posters you hope are "hot."

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
...by the way, what "spirit" "fills" you. It must be a petty and sophomoric entity.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I always love threads like this...wonder how many hook ups it will generate!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

The girls should be demanding he choose an avatar and post his pic for a little critique!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

edit on 9/1/2012 by bourbon2nite because: double post

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
never judge a book by its cover bud

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Right?!

Never trust a member who doesn't have a cool or scary avatar to emulate! What are they hiding anyway!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Can't imagine why people would be thinking of "dating one".

The whole world seems to revolve around looks. It disgusts me. I got so tired of fawning and people saying "how beautiful you are"< shallow jerks of people that I started dressing down and wearing my hair plain and straight and stopped wearing face paint. I am much happier with all the stupid outer beauty freaks keeping their eyes off me!

Appreciating beauty has been around as long as people have walked this planet. And that isn't likely to change anytime soon. I see nothing wrong with that. Celebrate the outer and inner beauty you have. Don't let the jerks, who wouldn't know true beauty if they saw it, dictate how you attire, or how you behave. Be yourself, and be true to yourself everyday.

The shallow will always exist. Why deprive those who can appreciate your beauty, without making their relationship with you revolve around it? That to me, seems as shallow as the "outer beauty freaks". Just my thoughts of the moment, no offense intended.
edit on 9/1/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join