It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I be a Paid Mod??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wait a minute... you got paid? I was told that if I did this for ten years I'd get exclusive rights to the real, original Apollo 11 video....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In their younger years.....en.wikipedia.org...:Mod_Squad_1971.JPG

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wait a minute... you got paid? I was told that if I did this for ten years I'd get exclusive rights to the real, original Apollo 11 video....

Which one?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

That's kinda what I'm screamin' here... I should have read a thread or two before signing that blood contract...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Sodium
To be a mod you need to be Pro-US foreign policy and anti-legitimate conversation and fact evaluation

Oh really?

You ain't read my posting history, have ya?
Well for a start you have 9/11 as your picture.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This thread's still alive?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Is that where the got the red around the page when they got the new mods? Fresh blood?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
reply to post by jplaysguitar

To reply - and put simply - anyone who wants to be a mod and pesters to be one probably has an agenda they want to push or an axe to grind.

That would be my take anyhow
edit on 1-9-2012 by Silk because: (no reason given)

I can understand this. You definitely have a great point, that someone itching to become a mod likely has some motive behind it. That motive could be innocent -- the desire to be staff for a site which they love... or it could be a little more sinister. I would think that if an outstanding and seemingly objective member were to indicate interest in a mod position, without being a nag, etc, they wouldn't be barred from ever getting a position just for the fact that they asked, itself....

I was offered a moderator position on a site once. Key word "offered." I was one of the older registered members, had been on the site for a few years (on a site with a very high turnover rate) and I caught the attention of mods, admins (and allegedly the site owner) for being intelligent, outspoken, and genuinely having in-depth knowledge of the forum's subject matter. It was also noted that while I sometimes am opinionated and would speak passionately (and at length) on a number of topics, I was usually one to keep a cool head, did not flame, did not violate board rules, etc.

I think this is the recipe for baking Moderator Pie.

You just have to remember to set this all up, and put it QUIETLY in the oven, on a timer. Do not try to peek before the timer is up.

A watched pot never boils.

A sqeaky wheel gets the grease. But some people would just throw the sucker out and buy a new one.

So carefully pick and choose when it's best to squeak.

Okay... I'm just rambling now...

edit on 8-9-2012 by iwilliam because: clarity, formatting

edit on 8-9-2012 by iwilliam because: Swayze and Moore

edit on 8-9-2012 by iwilliam because: rush-head-ation

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join