It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September, 2014... Prognosis. A Writing Contest [2014WC][WINNERS announced}

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here is my first entry:

Beauty Blue

Hope you all enjoy, the entry's this month are some of the best I have seen so far.

Edit: Also thx to my editor.

edit on 3-9-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Most of the storie so far have been dark or grim at the very least. So I thought I would have a little fun with this and put together a comedic approach to all of this. I hope you all enjoy.

A Comedic Look Over The Last Two Years.[2014WC]

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I just posted a story called End Zone and forgot to include the [2014WC], is there a way I can change it?

Got it, duh
edit on 4-9-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I always enjoy the writing contests.

This one actually has so many ways to go, it should be a goldmine of stories.

My humble contribution is at:

Population Control [2014WC]

BT
edit on 4-9-2012 by BearTruth because: corrected for link

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Maybe I'm imagining things, but it sure seems to me that the writing is getting better in the Short Story forum.

Is it the regular contests or what?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

While your imagination may have something to do with it, I'm thinking peer pressure and example are other contributing factors.

The contributions are getting better, and not only the regular writers here, but also the "new" members.

A special Thank You, masqua, is in order, for hosting a delightful forum to participate in.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here's my contibutions to this month's writing contest thus far.
I think I have a few more stories in me this month though.

Today is a Day

Camp RuiNation

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I Pledge Allegiance

Warning...its rough....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'll match your rough and raise you....R is for Romance.

I think I win. That story may get removed. It borders on vile, but it denotes the end result of human depravity. I wandered way outside the normal comfort zone I normally write within. Uh huh.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hi guys,

i just posted my story for the comp,

Yarn [2014WC]

hope its worthy of a read.
thank you for your time.

Muzz

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Here is my entry

Dreamworld

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As a newly involved member in the short story forum, I have to say I'm very impressed and have enjoyed reading many of the posts.

I hope this doesn't violate the solicitation aspect of T&C, but it's not personal promotion so,

Has ATS ever considered expanding with a book publishing division? You own the sites content and could theoretically publish a yearly book of the best short stories at a low cost and potentially profit.

Also, a yearly summary on the years top threads and thoughts could be appreciated by many and become a staple of yearly conspiracy literature.

If the books were successful, it would also be a good marketing tool for the site.

I don't know, just a thought.
edit on 6-9-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

You'd be better off posting this in BBQ (Board and Business Questions), as you may get an official answer there, and it is slightly off-topic here.

As a newer member, good ideas are forthcoming. However, ATS has fairly rigid rules, and is viably self-sufficient. There is no need to sell or publish stories for extra revenue. There's also the aspect of joint-ownership rights, and while ATS is more than willing to release their end, many publishers shy from not having exclusive rights. Any entry into a writing contest remains here, and as long as it's published here, ATS has legal rights to the content.

Mind you, this question has come up before, and I'm just repeating what has been previously discussed.

Honestly, if you wish to pursue the idea of an ATS related hard-copy of material, you need to post a thread in BBQ. This forum is, well, short stories.

Go ahead, do it. It never hurts to ask, and get an "official ruling" on policy. You won't get banned for asking a legitimate question, and in fact, the staff will be honest and frank, and you even maybe will have an admin or owner post a response. You'd be surprised. Ask questions, get answers, but anything board related goes in BBQ.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Gruesome needs not left alone. In repose, I'll offer Ever had your heart broken?

Don't worry, I cried as well while writing it. I have a daughter that age.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here's my next entry.

This was one of those stories that I could unfortunately see as an all too real possibility for the future if things in our world took a change for the worse.

The Count of the Dead Shall Rise

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What a fun writing contest!

I humbly submit Afternoon snack. Warning: it's not for the weak-stomached.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Most of the storie so far have been dark or grim at the very least. So I thought I would have a little fun with this and put together a comedic approach to all of this.

Nicely done, USMC! A breath of comedic air amidst all of our (including mine) doom-n-gloom entries. I'm still chuckling over the tickle-me doll and the Clinton/Michelle photo.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Another one.

This is part prophecy, part experience.

The Interview.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
OK as threatened after the last contest I tossed one out there...

Enjoy and great work/contributions so far everybody

The Earth Rumbles [2014WC]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join