It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September, 2014... Prognosis. A Writing Contest [2014WC][WINNERS announced}

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Once again I'm asking the membership to peer into their crystal balls (if you don't have one, scrying will suffice) and speculate on the future of the world.

As you are no doubt painfully aware, not just America, but the entire world changed dramatically on September 11, 2001. Things are just not what they were prior to that date. William Commanda, in my estimation one of the least discussed, yet most accurate luminaries I've ever had the opportunity to meet and talk with, said that the day the twin towers fell was, in fact, the lighting of the Seventh Fire:

In the time of the Seventh Fire New People will emerge. They will retrace their steps to find what was left by the trail. Their steps will take them to the Elders who they will ask to guide them on their journey. But many of the Elders will have fallen asleep. They will awaken to this new time with nothing to offer. Some of the Elders will be silent because no one will ask anything of them. The New People will have to be careful in how they approach the Elders. The task of the New People will not be easy.
If the New People will remain strong in their quest the Water Drum of the Midewiwin Lodge will again sound its voice. There will be a rebirth of the Anishinabe Nation and a rekindling of old flames. The Sacred Fire will again be lit.

It is this time that the light skinned race will be given a choice between two roads. If they choose the right road, then the Seventh Fire will light the Eighth and final Fire, an eternal fire of peace, love brotherhood and sisterhood. If the light skinned race makes the wrong choice of the roads, then the destruction which they brought with them in coming to this country will come back at them and cause much suffering and death to all the Earth's people.[4]

The above will be the topic for the story I'm hoping to write, simply because it is near and dear to my heart.

It needn't be yours. All topics related to how you might see September, 2014, as unfolding is what this contest is all about.

All T&C's apply

Title must contain [2014WC]

Enter as many stories as you like, but post them as seperate threads in the Short Story forum.

No upper or lower word count limits

Any writing form acceptable

There will be three winners chosen, based solely on the number of flags their story receives from your fellow members.

The contest runs until midnight, September 30 and the winners announced the following morning of October 1.

Winners only will get writer status, 5 'applauses' each and included in the Showcase of Winners

edit on 1/9/12 by masqua because: oopsy

edit on 1/10/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I tried something different this time. It's dark. Not funny. A bit of a departure.

Enjoy or not. Just something I wanted to try.

-beez

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Another interesting and challenging topic. I'm off to create something!

edit on 9/1/12 by Druid42 because: changed post to be relevant.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yes... damn.

Fixing

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ashes to Ashes.

I tried a different spin, something teetering on the lines of spirituality, running with a theme that mankind's own destiny lies within his own hands.

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here's my first entry for this months contest.

[The Warning [2014WC]

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

My heart goes out to the American Indians, and almost get to the place of morning(sp) every time a subject of them comes up....

When I read this sentence

Some of the Elders will be silent because no one will ask anything of them.

it struck a cord with me because I feel the same way, have been for a long long time; yes, I consider myself an elder (but I'm not American Indian) and have been in that position many times. I won't and can't add anything else that has not already been said in the OP because I feel it's truly prophetic and doesn't need to be added to... just listened to and followed.

It's interesting how the entire world but especially in the USA, how the younger get so confused about life and the last one they ask for advise is .. those that their elders.....and even more so those that are the spiritual elders as well..

I believe this is because people in general don't like the hard message that they/we have to change and adapt

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My first for the month.

Looking Back

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Relief Kinda dark.

Failure Tongue in cheek
edit on 2-9-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think this is going to be a fun and interesting conteset. Great subject for everyone here. I have read all the stories posted so far and S&F each one because they were all very interesting. Great work so far everybody. I hope to put my first one out tonight if I get some time to myself.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I saw that a couple of individuals were delving into the darkness with this one, and to express the cosmic love, I thought that I would lay beside you all and join in the darkness until everyone sees it fit to leave...(sorry, couldn't help the Florence and the Machine reference)

This one is really jaded...I'll write something more positive later. Please forgive errors in this post or the story. I'm writing both on my iPhone...in the law library lol.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stranded

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Alright here is my first entry of the month. My brain is a little fried at the moment but I managed to squeeze one out.

Still The Same

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
A second one, from another perspective.

To Reset The Clock.

One thing I've noticed in this competition so far is few of us hold much hope for the future of humanity, as the stories seem to lead down a road of despair and destruction. Maybe it's the ATS talking, but we seem to be having a similar theme so far.

edit on 2-9-2012 by 74Templar because: Added text

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Well, the OP states to write about what we think the world will be like in 2 years. Given the current rate of things, it's hard to see a positive outcome, not without some hardship first.

So that's my goal, to envision a positive future in a story, even though my scrying mirror says otherwise.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

The darkness in us speaks loudly at this moment, because it feels the approach of the coming dawn.
The galaxy rise of man is coming soon.

I'll write another piece either tonight or tomorrow. Labor day ftw!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I do agree, we seem to be in the stage of "the night is darkest just before the dawn" at this point in humanity. That we won't reach that golden age without some major suffering first.

I do tend to believe people are ready for the next stage though. And I do hope it's soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
And let the darkness continue.

The Game

It shall overcome you like a dark, ominous fog.

Then, the drones will come.

Beware!
edit on 3-9-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Here is one with a little different spin on things. Not so dark even though I am filled with dark ideas. I am working on a couple more right now but am going to take my time on them.

Hope In An Unlikely Source[2014WC]

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Based on a real dream

Here is my entry

Whispers beyond the dark veil

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Alright I had this idea in my head all day so I finally put it to some use. Just the tale of one man all alone for two years.

Coming Out Of The Cave, And Going Home.[2014WC]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join