It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton urges Australia to maintain Afghan resolve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The United States has urged Australia not to lose sight of the progress made in Afghanistan after the deaths of five diggers this week.

What progress? The country is now in a worse of state today than what it was 10 years ago according to numerous Special Forces units...

Three Australian soldiers were killed in a shooting attack by a rogue Afghan soldier on Wednesday, the same day two Australian troops died in a helicopter crash in the country.

"We cannot afford to see Afghanistan turn back into a haven for terrorism that threatens us all."

- Hillary Clinton

It is in my personal opinion that every Allied country should pull out of Afghanistan as soon a possible.

This being said, i feel that the specific pro-war people in both of our governments are deluded. No progress has been made. Everyone knows that as soon as the allies pull out of Afghanistan, it is going to transition into further unrest (much like Iraq).

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 1-9-2012 by daaskapital because: ext problems

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Have no fear Hillary, our PM Gillard is with you all the way. The CIA's good little rent girl wouldn't dream of standing up for Australians against the US. No doubt more young lives will be wasted before our troops come home. Is Gillard aware she has blood on her hands? Perish the thought. She is just 'getting the job done' as she's so fond of braying. Of course she can never explain what 'getting the job done' really means. My own interpretation is that we stay put until the Yanks give us permission to leave Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by paddymelon
reply to post by daaskapital

My own interpretation is that we stay put until the Yanks give us permission to leave Afghanistan.

And that would be after they and everybody else leaves...

Half of the countries have pulled out, and the rest are aiming for an early withdrawal (as is the US). But when we were told we would be out by the end of next year, the US was quick to publicly tell Australia that the citizens and media misinterpreted the information presented and that Australia will be there to the end.

Who is the USA to tell us when we can leave a conflict? Disgraceful. Australia as a country needs to regrow a pair of balls

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Haven't most of the Taliban resettled in Australia?
Oh of course that couldn't happen our security forces can tell a good Afghanistan man from a bad one right?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Clinton & Gillard can just go and.....

and then they can.....

When that sinks in, I suggest you both.......

Maybe that will teach Clinton that war is not the answer and maybe - just maybe... dislodge Gillards tongue from Obama's 'A'

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Haven't most of the Taliban resettled in Australia?
Oh of course that couldn't happen our security forces can tell a good Afghanistan man from a bad one right?

Apparently not..

www.skynews.com.au...

Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai has condemned what he called a 'unilateral operation' by Australian troops in southern Uruzgan province, saying it breached an agreement with NATO.

Karzai was responding to an apparent Australian operation on Friday in which a tribal elder, Raz Mohammad Khan, 70, and his son Abdul Jalil, 30, were killed.

'Raz Mohammad ... had no relationship with the government or the militants. He and his son were the victims of wrong reports received by Australian troops regarding (their) relations with the Taliban,' said Abdullah Hemmat, the provincial spokesman.

And they wonder why people are attacking our soldiers in the likes of Afghanistan.. This is one incident and I'm sure there would be plenty more the same.

new topics

top topics

join