It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan Exposes Elite Agenda, "Shut Up" Says Banker

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Your entire response really highlights the fact that
You did not understand the OP...

In short, for your digestion, currently Medicare
Disburses payment to doctors at a more efficient
Rate than private insurers do currently. This means
That private insurers will use the same money that
Went to DOCTORS (with Medicare) will Go to advertising, marketing,
PR, and bonuses. Huge costs that Medicare does
Not carry.

Ryan's plan is huge merger of private industry and
State. An endless flow of money for the elites

edit on 2-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That isn't what the banker guy said at all. He was saying that Paul Ryan shouldn't talk about his cuts openly because he will lose Romney votes from the older people that rely on Medicare. This isn't some evil banker telling Paul Ryan to "shut up" within the context of "you're telling everyone our sinister and diabolical plan", he is saying "hey dummy... if you don't shut up you're going to cost Romney votes and lose the election". The talk show host is really reaching and looking for a conspiracy or whatever so that he can make himself feel like an actual relevant talk show host. I guess people will see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Originally posted by thepresident

Oh, I understood the OP perfectly.

The thread title is that Ryan "exposes" an "Elite Agenda" and uses the obscure musings of a hedge fund manager to make the point that everyone needs to be 'sneaky' about it.

You may decide discussion of any plan other than the existing program is 'elitist', but this thread doesn't make that case. It doesn't even discuss what Ryan's plan would be.

Rather, it slimes Ryan and others who seek an alternative with pejorative and class-based language and partisan innuendo.

Irritating beyond belief... :shk:

edit on 2-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've had random discussions with folks I've met at a party or in a bar recently, and I think there is a yet another more simple but sinister reason to pick Paul Ryan as a running mate --

To the uneducated his name sounds like Ron Paul!

You have no clue how many folks I've talked to that think Ron Paul is the running mate of Mitt Romney. And you have to explain to these people this is a different person and has nothing to do with Ron Paul. This is what they're counting on, they're gonna use Ron Paul's fame and hard work and the Americans' ignorance and stupidity to their advantage.

I think there is one thing Ron Paul or any of us with the means and knowledge to do it should do -- start a Write In Ron Paul campaign. I'm serious -- put ads on TV, run them on city buses(sp?), whatever money Ron Paul has left, he needs to educate Americans that he is NOT Paul Ryan and to ask the Americans to write him in, to educate them that there may be that option in their state, before it gets outlawed to write someone in.

If he cannot run for president legally and will be ignored by the media and the establishment, then he needs to make this his campaign platform until the elections -- Write In Ron Paul!!!

Khar

edit on 2-9-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by thepresident

Oh, I understood the OP perfectly.

The thread title is that Ryan "exposes" an "Elite Agenda" and uses the obscure musings of a hedge fund manager to make the point that everyone needs to be 'sneaky' about it.

You may decide discussion of any plan other than the existing program is 'elitist', but this thread doesn't make that case. It doesn't even discuss what Ryan's plan would be.

Rather, it slimes Ryan and others who seek an alternative with pejorative and class-based language and partisan innuendo.

Irritating beyond belief... :shk:

The fact is Ryan is making innuendos that he is for Medicare,
He is not, he is for drastically altering Medicare and establishing
A new government funded revenue stream for big business.
Diverting Medicare funds to the elite who bankroll and benefit
From the current insurance cabal in America.

I am fine with alternatives, but this is nothing but a proposal
To re direct capital flow to the super elite, taking money away from
Doctors and hospitals as a result.

The beef is that Ryan should be much more honest
About his distain for Medicare and his desire to end it
As we know it. The benefit to the elite is a vital, but more
Abstract consideration, but valid.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It should be pretty obvious to the average Joe by now that Govt expenditure has surpassed it's limits, Healthcare
costs are increasing exponentially and will wipe out the entire US govt budget in about 10 years which can't
happen and will stop far before that point.

Basically Welfare in all it's forms has over reached it's cost limit and it's growth is detrimentally affecting the Economy .

There is nothing left but bad news for anyone who worshiped the omnipotent State as its success is based on pilfering , and those suckers are indebted, and or unemployed or wondering whether it's worth being entrepreneurial at all.

It is one thing being kind but the bill needs to be paid by someone.
If not like some argue then there need be no poor anywhere and a new world economic system will materialize .

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't know if your agenda is to aggrandize Ryan, but that is what I am feeling, seeing as how what you are describing never happened in the video. You are sensationalizing something, and whenever that happens, there is usually an agenda, even if you don't consciously realize it...Paul Ryan did nothing "good" here for the "little" people, and even if he had, he has already shown that he is inept and a horrible politician when it comes to helping the people.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zngland
It should be pretty obvious to the average Joe by now that Govt expenditure has surpassed it's limits, Healthcare
costs are increasing exponentially and will wipe out the entire US govt budget in about 10 years which can't
happen and will stop far before that point.

Basically Welfare in all it's forms has over reached it's cost limit and it's growth is detrimentally affecting the Economy .

By design,

Reducing the income of the Federal Government year after year by giving more tax cuts
to the elites and then blaming the resulting deficits on seniors, unemployed and the rest.
If you do not include that into your consideration you are not being intellectually honest.,
which may be your MO, I don't know you however...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
reply to post by RealSpoke

The Federal Reserve Bank steals the most money from the people, yet they stay under the radar.

Mean while people fight over which type for tyranny we should have, right or left.

I'm going to be sick.

the time has come to form a new congress of the people, to draft a revised constitution and then try the TRICKLE UP effect. I move that we form a new body of representatives, and defy the powers that be openly in the public. WHAT SAY YOU?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You missed what I was getting at. In a true free market scoeity there would be so many alternatives that his plan would probably not even exist. Medicare wouldn't be privatised without many alternatives already existing so what he proposed wouldn't even matter, there would be no proposal. However since we haven't achieved that type of market what he is proposing is a very bad thing. It's a trick. It's taking small government llibertarian ideas but executing them backwards in the exact opposite order where a monopoly already exists so there is no competition and it just hurts people.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You missed what I was getting at. In a true free market scoeity there would be so many alternatives that his plan would probably not even exist. Medicare wouldn't be privatised without many alternatives already existing so what he proposed wouldn't even matter, there would be no proposal. However since we haven't achieved that type of market what he is proposing is a very bad thing. It's a trick. It's taking small government llibertarian ideas but executing them backwards in the exact opposite order where a monopoly already exists so there is no competition and it just hurts people.

Hey Gogo,

I did not realize that you recognize that dynamic, I was just thinking about the same thing
recently. It is either trickery or pure idiocy that tries to apply free market ideas to markets that
are not currently controlled by free market forces. In this case I think it is trickery, the result is
Paul Ryan will just create a new revenue flow to a monopoly that will undermine the point of
Medicare and DESTROY any free market forces that might still dwell in the market.

Plus the new influx of hundreds of billions of dollars it will raise costs across the whole board.
Who needs to COMPETE when you can buy Paul Ryan and get endless money for free?
edit on 2-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
...taking small government llibertarian ideas but executing them backwards in the exact opposite order where a monopoly already exists so there is no competition and it just hurts people.

I completely agree with this statement, which is why there should also be a discussion on the regulations that prevent competition and what regulatory schema would incentivize appropriate free market behavior.

Government is a tool...not the solution.

But my issue in this thread is the whole "elitist" characterization. I'm sorry, but that term has been rendered nearly meaningless, as of late, when I consistently see even marginal success cast as elitist.

It grows tiring...

Moreover, the longer we paint even our marginal differences as "extremes" the more likely this nation will remain a muddled, ineffective, and unjust mess.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Alright ring wingers, if you don't flag this thread you are doing yourself a disservice. This is bigger than left-right wing politics......

It already was before you made it about left/right wing politics. You are the one insisting on labels and differences.

So sad.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by BewilderedandAmused
I do not think it is possible for the average American to find truth in the Political arena anymore nor have they been able to since Reagan.

More like since Nixon. Reagan was a master manipulator too.

Very true I was just being conservative. personally I think it goes back too Abraham Lincoln and the civil war.

But thanks for the update I will adjust
edit on 2-9-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
LOL. Paul Ryan as the white knight who will rescue us from Bankers?

Please -- spare me. This guy torpedoed the US Mail by forcing them to guarantee pensions to people who aren't even born yet.

Ryan is the Koch boy and they don't let his leash get too long.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

It's absolutely trickery. It's a way to appear libertarian and small government minded, but actually acheive goals of neoconservatives. It's top down faux libertarianism. I see that you get what I am saying though it's kind hard for me to explain. I wish I was more articulate in politics.

It's something that people really need to know about too, but when I realized it, I thought.. I'll never be able to explain that to people.

edit on 3-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join