It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wouldn't Help Delegates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

So I was watching this video of Adam Kokesh saying why he stopped supporting Ron Paul after being an avid promoter.

He says that he knew a delegate who couldn't get financial help to buy a ticket to Tampa to attend the RNC. When the campaign was sitting on 2 million dollars......That's no way to treat your delegates.

Guess the Ron Paul fund really was the Jesse Benton and rest of the Paul family retirement plan...

edit on 1-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ron Paul is fighting for your freedom simply by being victimised in your face.
Its up to his supporters to get him elected....as he only has one vote.
The country is too much in the grip of the Old boys club....and the run for pres has very aptly illustrated the problem....
Now is time for Ron Paul Revolution.....first he has to form a provisional goverment though....the maybe we can get elqueda to help us get our freedom back......

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been returned to donors because they asked for their money back.

You delegates are the last of any active campaign for Ron. You should not have to incur hardship or debt if you have given donations. If you contact them and specifically ask for the return of your money they must return it promptly --- It's the law.

This return of your contributions also applies to: Ron Paul congressional re-election campaign and the Liberty PAC.

Of course, you don't need to be a delegate to ask for yours.....anyone can. It just seems to be the quickest way to help the good people who have fought their way all the way to Tampa to support Ron at the RNC.

Looks like they are trying to address the issue.

Daily Paul

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

The comment section of that site is really sick. His over zealous are dissing the delegates from getting their money back if they need it in order to go to Tampa? Kind of sick... The campaign is sitting on 2 mill and is over.....

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I have to say that I would be dissapinted as well.

If I am reading this correctly, the FEC has limits on how much they can spend on delegates in a given election cycle.

I'm not sure, but maybe they have passed their limit.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If Ron Paul were to have paid for the delegate to get to Tampa then the RNC would have accused him of bribing delegates. It's not the nominees place to make sure the delegates are able to get to the convention that burden is the delegates alone and is something they should have thought of when they wanted to become a delegate.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

No, the law says you can give your delegates an all together total of 117,000 for fight to the convention

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You know after I read the title of the post I had the mindset that this was Ron Paul who made the call not to help his delegate. It sounds like some tightwad(s) on his campaign staff made the decision. Perhaps Dr. Paul was not even personally aware of the delegate's plight.

That being said, I do believe that the buck stops at the leader. He ultimately is responsible for the campaign staffers because they represent Dr. Paul. If Paul didn't know, he needs to acknowledge that he was unaware of the problem. Then he needs to apologize if he disagrees with their decision, if they did something he (Paul) would not have done. He owes that to the delegate and all the Paul supporters who feel like they have been shafted.

Adam invested alot of himself in the Paul "revolution" and I feel sorry for him. Disenchanted is a mild word for what he and a multitude of supporters are experiencing. Dr.Paul was practically made a God by his followers. Humans are not perfect and will mess up. The movement became about "the man" and should have focused on the ideology IMHO. They will figure it out and carry on. The torch will be passed.

Thank you for sharing.

edit on 9/1/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

top topics

join