It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Rules Earth? Does Religion Strengthen Injustice ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Is there no honor among thieves?

The Republic ~

Is not the strength of injustice only a remnant of justice?
Is not absolute injustice absolute weakness
also?

A house that is divided against itself cannot stand; two men who quarrel
detract from one another’s strength, and he who is at war with himself is the
enemy of himself and the gods. Not wickedness therefore, but semi-wickedness
flourishes in states, –a remnant of good is needed in order to make union in
action possible,– there is no kingdom of evil in this world.

Does this reasoning go against the notion that Earth and/or the 'material plane' is under the control of evil, or 'Satan'?

Question: "How is Satan god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)?"

Answer: The phrase “god of this world” (or “god of this age” [NKJV]) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the mind-set expressed by the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His areas of influence also encompass the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

Similar titles are found elsewhere in Scripture concerning Satan. Satan is called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is called the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles, and many more attributed to Satan throughout Scripture, signify his capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

www.gotquestions.org...

Is there no imitation of God, in evil... rivaling the light of the lord... maybe even some dualism derived from singularity which is God, but wait God is a trinity? lol

The Republic ~

They must not represent slaves, or bullies, or cowards, drunkards,
or madmen, or blacksmiths, or neighing horses, or bellowing bulls, or sounding
rivers, or a raging sea. A good or wise man will be willing to perform good and
wise actions, but he will be ashamed to play an inferior part which he has never
practiced; and he will prefer to employ the descriptive style with as little imitation
as possible. The man who has no self-respect, on the contrary, will imitate
anybody and anything; sounds of nature and cries of animals alike; his whole
performance will be imitation of gesture and voice.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

With all the being in bondage talk and being a 'slave' and idolatry , I suppose it makes sense to only worship one 'all being' God... but does that not inherently only strengthen the evil that is to oppose it by use and manipulation of 'Gods' own pattern if one chooses imitation in pursuit of injustice?

It would almost seem as if all the religions around the world were polytheistic, there would be less focused and concentrated evil in the world lol. Just think about all that has been accomplished in the name of Abrahamic* religions... Is it just me, or does it seem as if there is a more concentrated evil, or amount of blood shed to be attributed to these Religions than any other? Or is it simply because I'm more aware of them...

Some say the 'God' complex is a very real and dangerous thing... I say it's the root of all evil. Some say it's money.... well, take a look at your dollar bill the next time you pull it out of your pocket.

I swear... I'm the only one that see's this sometimes lol. Although I know I'm not...

Sorry for the loaded Thread !
edit on 1-9-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Religion can be used to make any point you want it to make, an excuse to fight for any cause, and a scapegoat for taking personal responsibility for ones choices. Rarely, does it actually get used for self introspection and personal growth, it's often used to justify pointing a finger and automatically having millions of the same faith behind you when you do it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
Religion can be used to make any point you want it to make, an excuse to fight for any cause, and a scapegoat for taking personal responsibility for ones choices. Rarely, does it actually get used for self introspection and personal growth, it's often used to justify pointing a finger and automatically having millions of the same faith behind you when you do it.

I suppose it's hard to disagree with that...

But, what my point is...

Is it possible that the evolution of religions, manifested a belief in one 'God' that became predominant... which then gave way to idolatry and imitation resulting in the worst of men? Not only by measure of influence and ability, but also faculty of mind and conviction.

Then to consider, if there is no 'God' in of form... only an image of our creation of what we ultimately aspire to be, have billions through out history chosen allegiance to a false interpretation derived from our own egos in attempts to please our very own conscience?

Did humanity just anthropomorphize the universe.... then try to use it's pattern to control it? Well, what happened to not following said patterns? I'm seeing contradiction here lol!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Satan does not exist.

Lucifer is the bearer of light.

The bearer of *free will*

Where would we be without free will?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Satan does not exist.

Lucifer is the bearer of light.

The bearer of *free will*

Where would we be without free will?

If Lucifer is the source of free will, with out free will we would be one with 'God'. No longer free and under complete control of 'God'.

But I kinda like freedom and my own will...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

What is "God"?

Are we all not creations of consciousness, there for we are all each a piece of "God"?

The God you speak of, would have us as "Pets" without freewill... How are we to evolve consciously without the freewill to make mistakes, learn, develop and grow?

Spiritual evolution could not take place without free will.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Your premise might be built on shaky ground. Read this: LINK

edit on 1-9-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The primary thesis of this document I linked above is this paragraph:

"The character and fate of all humankind reside with these spirits. All the hosts of humanity, generation by generation, are heirs to these spiritual divisions, walking according to their ways; the outworking of every deed inheres in these divisions according to each person’s spiritual heritage, whether great or small, for every age of eternity. God has appointed these spirits as equals until the last age, and set an everlasting enmity between their divisions. False deeds are thus an abomination to the truth, whereas all the ways of truth are for perversity equally a disgrace. Fierce dispute attends every point of decision, for they can never agree. In his mysterious insight and glorious wisdom God has countenanced an era in which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation He shall destroy such forever. Then shall truth come forth in victory upon the earth. Sullied by wicked ways while perversity rules, at the time of the appointed judgment truth shall be decreed. By His truth God shall then purify all human deeds, and refine some of humanity so as to extinguish every perverse spirit from the inward parts of the flesh, cleansing from every wicked deed by a holy spirit. Like purifying waters, he shall sprinkle each with a spirit of truth, effectual against all the abominations of lying and sullying by an unclean spirit. Thereby He shall give the upright insight into knowledge of the Most High and wisdom of the angels, making wise those following the perfect way. Indeed, God has chosen them for an eternal covenant; all the glory of Adam shall be theirs alone. Perversity shall be extinct, every fraudulent deed put to shame. "

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

While philosophical debate can raise many questions; pondering can be a curse of consciousness. I personally say none of it matters, it is all made up, first by a group of apes trying to understand their world, then perpetuated by these evolved apes; now calling themselves human, to control each other with fear; to separate themselves further from being an ape and say all ape like tendencies should be repressed going against our very nature. Laws were born out of these ideas based in morality; to control the base monkey nature, prisons were made to contain the monkey brothers and sisters for freeing the beast nature they couldn't contain.

My advice: Enjoy the here and now and just relax none if it really matters. The following is a good video reminder I use when I catch myself; being too concerned with all this made up nonsense I find myself in.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So, would you imply then that there is a sort of cosmological justice, or 'Gods Will' that comes in the form of justice either by forms of manifest or intervention?

I'm not sure if I subscribe to the predestined soul theory.

Also, that's a lot of 'revelations' to take place for all the wrongs to be righted and then acknowledged or the other way around... even then to future wrongs that may arise from the previous being righted. How can all truths be accepted when our very vision is prone to blinding us?

We don't know ourselves well enough to know one another and escaping living a life of imitation, we are left with out many options as who or what to base ourselves on. If it is the patterns of this world in which we are to avoid, then we are only left with a couple options. One of which happens to be handed down to 'Moses' which is still based(most of...) on natural law and laws of said pattern that is to be avoided. It's when it comes down to justice... this is when the problems arise.

Justice in the name of God, is purely imitation... as it is merely acting in a manner that man deemed 'God' worthy, or 'God' like, as if obtaining some direct line confirming the authenticity of an act. The best part of all of this, is that just about everybody has a different understanding of what or who 'God' is and are simply acting on their own recognizance in accordance with their very beliefs of 'God'. Ok, so all these Abrahamic religions have a similar 'God' but, yet... none of them really agree as to the doctrine set forth by said 'God'?

wt..f... Sure seems like a silly thing to fight over. 'My God is the right one and this is how we do things'?

It would be amazing if all this time spent on worshiping gods, was spent on people figuring out themselves... other than becoming subservient to a 'God' that essentially 99% of people are wrong about in the first place!!!

Religion... truly amazing.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So, would you imply then that there is a sort of cosmological justice, or 'Gods Will' that comes in the form of justice either by forms of manifest or intervention?

I'm not sure if I subscribe to the predestined soul theory.

Also, that's a lot of 'revelations' to take place for all the wrongs to be righted and then acknowledged or the other way around... even then to future wrongs that may arise from the previous being righted. How can all truths be accepted when our very vision is prone to blinding us?

There is much more to this.

1) "You must be born again." This one little sentence then allows us to unravel a mystery based on the life of John the Baptist, Jesus and Elijah. Knowing that we have all lived before brings to light the entire story as related to each of us through all generations. Go back and read my threads and especially read the link in my signature. The article on Spirit and Water Baptism is a key to understanding 1.

2) We are children of God. More importantly, we are prodigal sons. Read this:

Acts 17

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[c]

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

All the answers are in the Bible. We just need to get past the self. The temple of Delphi had this above the entrance: "Know Thyself."

3) The Will of God must be found. Love is the key to the will.

The will to give and receive is the primary law of love.

The will to take makes us a thief.

There are two reflections in an image. We see either side by the will. The angel of darkness is the will to take. The angel of light is the will to give and receive. By these two, the light reveals the image we cast.

edit on 1-9-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join