It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans: Sacrifice the Party like Obi-Wan. Seriously!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is an open request to the Republican Party, and all Democrats who believe in Liberty before Party.

You can't win, Republican Party.
If you strike yourself down, you shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

This Republican Convention killed the Republican party. Forget any illusions, the fracture has happened and the voting block is split. The very thing those on the ground voting for the Romney Campaign interests were so terrified of has now been guaranteed. By these actions.

We can see it here in this video. The defining moment of people democratically voting for their own subjugation (by their own party!!!)... while shooting down the people who were trying to warn them and educate them. There are countless examples in history but for us at OUR point in history... it's right there on camera and we can no longer look away.

For those who get hung up on what the vote count was, the point is being missed entirely. For those who have the eyes to see, the horror unfolding is almost comical if it weren't so real. These representatives voted against their own interest. They did it because they truly believe that "being a part of the team" no matter what is best because a unified front will prevent the "other team" from winning.

The people that were heard but still unheard at this convention will not be supporting the Republican Party come November. This must be understood! The party is facing another Ross Perot situation as most of those votes are guaranteed to go to Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or nobody at all. The very fear the party was haunted by is now guaranteed... the voting block is split and the "opposition" party is guaranteed victory.

There is a way to bring out the silver lining.

Kill yourself.

I mean it.

Kill your party.

Recognize the true face of who the party has been "serving". Not the people... not the people. Not even yourselves!

Take a chance... make a REAL surprise move in politics! Kill the party shackle to a corporate puppet and throw the full weight behind Gary Johnson. The party is Not Going To Win Anyways.

Face This Truth! As unpleasant as it may be for the truly dedicated.

It is your turn to ACTUALLY pick the lesser of two evils!

We can put our support behind someone who is proven to actually fight for real human beings, or someone who is proven to fight for... who again?

You must be able to see it now... what "those Ron Paul" people were prattling on about for the past few years. What those "there is no difference between the Democrats or the Republicans" people were really talking about. How we're letting ourselves be manipulated into handing over the power to remove our voice in the process to a handful of people.

If you are still going to vote for Mitt Romney... do you really think he cares he's going to lose? He's just doing his part... and will be even better off afterwards. Hell seeing the stress the Presidents go through it might all be a joke and the loser is the one who got the better end of the deal!

We can and are truly becoming an educated people again... thinking for ourselves. LOOK AT OURSELVES. The videos are mirrors. Peaceful educated change is possible... but we have to make it happen ourselves by putting All of Our Liberty first.

edit on 1-9-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
"Like Obi-Wan"??

I must have missed something I guess.

I really don't think you are going to sway anyone locked in a specific party with this speech. Most people locked in are locked in for the long haul, for life, maybe 1 out of every 200 or so "wake up" eventually, but most are a lost cause.

Don't get yourself all worked up about it, nature will correct itself and all of this will be a distant memory someday. Change starts at home. Let the rest happen naturally after that, and if it takes a lot of "effort", then someone is doing something the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Speaking for those who didn't watch more than a few minutes of the convention at all...any of it...period...
I'd just say, I don't see how the 'hollywood' style super show each party puts on by and for the benefit of a few thousand inside the party elite can ever be said to represent the party itself.

Ron Paul has been a steadfast Republican all along, although some seem to pass that to the side...and he's the finest example of someone the Republican party of today, represented by the elite at the top, have left behind.

I wouldn't say it's fair to judge people who are conservative or republican by the silly show they put on for TV every 4 years any more than I'll be watching a moment of, or judging any normal Democrats by the super show the DNC is about to put on.

I think the "bask in the glory of just being us" shows are really obscene displays in times like these by both parties.....but sure don't represent regular folks.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I appreciate the energy you put into that post Ergo.

One person I know who has been registered Republican for over thirty years isn't so sure after seeing the "RNC Sham 2012" video which shows the GOP in it's downward spiral at terminal velocity.

There's got to be more people out there that aren't so firmly locked in that they choose to be oblivious to it, or deny it... But Jibby is right, most are in it for the long haul and they won't change that unless shown good reason to.

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
nature will correct itself and all of this will be a distant memory someday.
Please elaborate on this. I don't think nature can correct anything so long as it's manipulated or controlled.

We're not trying to regrow forests in unpopulated regions here, we're trying to save a country before it goes belly up before seeing it's 300th birthday. That's how I perceive it, anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Thank you! I'm glad the energy comes through.

Feel free to share it with anyone... I too know several people personally who had been sitting on the fence where this was finally too blatant to look past.

The *REAL* action that is still possible if everyone still voting Republican was willing to be honest and face the Truth about what is about to unfold in the election: A guaranteed loss due to Third Party Candidates taking Republican votes from the middle. And in the long run Mitt won't really give a damn about his "loss"!

A chance to make real change is still actually possible when the process is documented and public as it is intended to be.

The question is can we get enough people to understand just how easy a third party win actually would be with a coordinated Ron Paul + Gary Johnson wave + bulk of Republican Party + Disenfranchised Democrats who were just waiting for a decent 3rd party + Mass of people who've never voted or taken a poll because they knew it was rigged decades ago (or from birth for the younger voters) + etc...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Currently, 4% of the likely voters are selecting a third party, and 7% are undecided. How do you make a third party victory out of that? And why do you think that the 4% are all (or mostly) coming out of Romney's camp?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This has done remarkable damage to the Republican party. But it does anger me that the MSM has been focusing on the Clint lunacy rather than showing what happened when the rigged vote occurred. Surely this is more important than an old man embarrassing himself on national TV?

We've been seeing this happening in Michigan for a while now, so they are doing it at the state level. If they are willing to completely ignore the opinions of their own party faithful, what does that say about the Republican party and their belief in the democratic process?

Why would anyone trust these freaks with a nation after seeing them blatantly ignoring the opinions of their own party members?! This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Any American who saw the video of the guy reading the teleprompter and saying "the ayes have it" should be enraged. Whether you follow the Republican party or not, this should scare every sensible American.

I'll repeat it just to be clear, if they are happy to do this to their OWN PARTY, why would they give a rats ass about the democratic process in government? Americans should be scared of these people.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

This wouldn't be about a third party win, per-se. It's a simple strategy but would require some *real* effort by normal people on the ground to *make* their parents and especially grand parents watch these videos explaining what has been happening in the Republican Party (kudos if you can get them to understand it's happening in *both* parties).

It would require leadership in the Republican Party currently committed to Romney to step up and say "Look... this ticket is *not* going to win. We have to face this truth or we'll be sent to the slaughter...and Romney won't care! He loses nothing if he loses."

It would require those willing to face the truth to see that there is still a role for them in the process, still someone they can vote for that will *actually* represent them like they always were taught to believe the corporate candidates would but in reality couldn't.

It would be one of the ballsiest moves in political history. Enough of the leadership actually be willing to look at the truth of the events that are about to unfold and their part in it... and see how much opportunity and time they still have to shift the tide by just speaking up in their district to the people they represent.

Or chase a phantom to the predictable election slaughter.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

That's what Republicans putting their hopes on the Romney campaign need to accept: The Romney people don't really lose anything when they lose the election. Book deals and TV appearances still happen. I mean look at Al Gore after losing! I think between Gore and Bush, Gore got the better end of the deal.

The Republican Party voting base is now fractured enough to guarantee the Romney ticket won't win.

The voting base they were trying to sweep under the rug at the Convention is now going to put even *more* votes in the third party camp. Once this truth is understood and the Ross Perot repeat effect is Seen and Accepted... these normal well meaning voters will realize they have a chance to not make the same mistake twice... and to *actually* make a vote that counts.

Voting Party Line Republican Is A Guaranteed Wasted Vote Now! This must be understood by anyone trying to make genuine strategy for real voters still wanting to actually be represented.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Don't worry, they already destroyed the party. See, to these zombies, it's like a football game. Plus, they only believe what old fart shills like Bill O'reilly spew down their throats!

It's okay. They already lost the election and the party. They have been exposed for what they are...it cost Ron Paul the nomination but sometimes you have to take a few beatings before you learn how to fight...and win!

It's going to be Rand Paul in 2016. He's the New Hope! Like how he did things or not...he's the guy. I know the Liberty Movement will rally behind him. From listening to his speech at the RNC, I'm sure of it now.
edit on 9/1/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not taking sides in this, I would say the same thing if it were any three parties in any nation.

Currently, among likely voters, the polling is 44% Obama, 47% Romney. Why should the Republicans do anything differently? Why believe there is a civil war within the party? Wouldn't it make more sense for Obama to try to get Ron Paul as Vice-President? Obama's the one with disappointed voters. He's the one that needs to make the drastic move.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't think this will effect the GOP at all. Pauls supporters are mad and might leave but in the over all party thats a small number and lets face it most of the Party thinks Paul supporters are nutters anyway. Obama will get his second term but, the GOP has their own Obama with Rubio. Young, charismatic, appealing to the center, and holds Florida in the palm of his hand. 2016 will the GOPs to lose.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Wouldn't it make more sense for Obama to try to get Ron Paul as Vice-President?
Rp wouldn`t consider switching sides to the Dems to be VP.

Hell, he wouldn`t accept the VP from Romney either.

You see he has something neither of them have any of, Integrity.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I wish an election could come down to integrity.

Some day.

new topics

top topics

join