It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Author Rejects the Pentagon's Legal Threat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Something about the greatest fiction writer ever threatening legal action against a lesser fiction writer over who's version of fiction is correct just seems fictional. Yet it's not.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I could not agree more good sir,you might be better taking a long walk of a short pier than messing with them guys.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Something about the greatest fiction writer ever threatening legal action against a lesser fiction writer over who's version of fiction is correct just seems fictional. Yet it's not.

fiction is a funny word my friend.Clancy and the like,faction? lol,you know what i mean.imaging actually knowing what was fiction and what was not. It would lead me to a life of reading Tom Clancy books if i could tell.
my hunch is FACTION more than not.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so this genius goes against a disclusre agreement he signed, and makes his name known to the enemy in the process

nice money grab einstein

That's just funny. That's what I thought too. I sign NDA's or Non Disclosure Agreements in My line of work ALL the time.
If I didn't honor them, my name would be toast and I'd be out of business There's a reason you sign them. Not let your competition know what your working on,protect product to launch time etc.

I can't imagine the armed forces allowing anyone to breach security. It doesn't matter what story makes the press and how accurate it is. A deals a deal. You signed your name to not discuss things. Especially military? I can't see this going well for the writer. At ALL.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I actually just saw this on the news the other night and wonder what his book entails. Does anyone know what it is he is saying that is causing so much dismay?

I don't believe a SEAL should ever breach their contract to secrecy, otherwise they should have never made the commitment.

At the same time, I can understand why something of this magnitude at this time in history could make a heart heavy and want to tell everything they know.

As far as OBL.... Hahahahaha.... Never did I think they killed him and through his ass in the sea. Come on now!
edit on 2-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That's actually the real question that's not being answered. They threw his dead ass in the Sea. As a religous courtesy.

And yet? If they didn't SAY that he would have become a bigger martyr then he already is.

I'm not buying it. When's the book coming out about the burial at sea?

I said I WON'T compromise an NDA. Anybody on that ship care to comment?

The whole thing smells like the word BOGUS.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Lying isn't illegal. Telling the truth is.

Welcome to the United States Armed Forces.

And what is reneging on contracts? [...]

Renege is short for renegotiate. NDAs are not enforceable under natural law because they are 1. unilateral and 2. alleged agreements with fictitious entities. Contracts consist of an offer and an acceptance. The acceptance of the contract, if coerced, is fraudulent and the contract itself is even under statutory law, void. Of course most people don't know these truths so they believe that they are bound by a contract when they are not. And belief makes all the difference.

edit on 2-9-2012 by seamus because: reworded for clarity

v., -neged, -neg·ing, -neges.
v.intr.
To fail to carry out a promise or commitment: reneged on the contract at the last minute.
Games. To fail to follow suit in cards when able and required by the rules to do so.
v.tr.
To renounce; disown.

n.
The act of reneging.

Read more: www.answers.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This could very well all be a show
show two sides with the pentagon looking like they are praying he doesn't release his 'version of the truth' while both stories are false.

think about it!!!

What are the odds of a Seal this high up the ladder decides to take this path?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Associated Press

In 2010, the Defense Department claimed a former Army intelligence officer's war memoir threatened national security. The Pentagon paid $47,000 to destroy 9,500 copies of the book, called "Operation Dark Heart: Spycraft and Special Ops on the Frontlines of Afghanistan — and the Path to Victory."

This is what happens when the book has truth in it.

If they actually release "No Easy Day" before getting it reviewed, it will be on a shelf at Barnes and Noblel right next to "Dreams from My Father" because it's written by the same Author.

Are people really that stupid...
edit on 2-9-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join