It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Author Rejects the Pentagon's Legal Threat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

I'm with you and am all for an actual transparent Gov't that isn't hell bent on war and creating enemies.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
At least one guy has the nuts to tell the truth, if everyone started doing this, well hell, we might just begin to get the government everyone needs.

If he is. We don't know that. It looks like a guy trying to cash in on a major event by violating an NDA. If all he wanted to do was "tell the truth" he could just stick his story on the Net, but he's publishing a book that will net serious royalties if it is allowed in print. The NDA is very specific. It says, in effect, "you can't publish a book without our review and permission." But it's more than the NDA. A SEAL in that position likely has a Top Secret clearance. Violating that is actually more serious than the NDA.

If his fellow SEALs said, "Yeah, that's how it went down." then I would be more inclined to believe him, but right now it's just one guy, which could be the result of anything, including diversion.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Swills

I thought his attorney said nothing was in the book not already leaked by Obama Hussein and there was nothing violating his non disclosure agreement.
edit on 1-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter if someone has leaked the info or not he signed an agreement saying he wouldn't say anything. He has to abide by it like it or not. I have kept my mouth shut about the things I did while in the military and I hope they nail him for it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
They might try and Bradley manning him into a solitary confinement holding cell indefinitely. IF they have the cajones to step up and attempt to go after a Navy Seal. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be the guy told to go and arrest the Navy Seal who invaded Pakistan for an armed incursion! I do not think that anyone would survive an attempt to capture this man alive.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I'm glad you posted the disinfo angle--I think you hit the nail on the head because it seems exactly like a reverse psychology ploy for releasing the “official story”, instead of what really happened.

It’s also no secret that our 'agencies' recruit heavily from special ops, so this is probably just another assignment before a name change (staged disappearance/death) & new NOC position.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by Swills
I have a question for the conspiracy surrounding OBL, was he already long dead or is the SEAL telling the truth, or what he thinks is the truth?

Hmm, good parting question. If he was already dead in 2001, as many have claimed, then everything else in the story is pointless.

Hard to imagine this SEAL squaring off with the upper brass over a lie. Then again, nobody wants to read a story about how they shot some random guy who was totally not bin Laden.

Sucks to never know what is true.

Likely it's all a dog and pony show; as another poster mentioned they will propel this book to the top of the NY Times best seller list by surrounding it with infamy and notoriety. Since it seems like the feds are trying to suppress information, people will buy into the Seal's account of "what really happened," which will likely be very similar to the official story and thus further the lie.

Regarding OBL, his death is really a non-issue; so what if he died in 2001, 2006, or 2011? It wouldn't be the first time a leader has created a lie for political gain, and it won't be the last.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by The X
At least one guy has the nuts to tell the truth, if everyone started doing this, well hell, we might just begin to get the government everyone needs.

If he is. We don't know that. It looks like a guy trying to cash in on a major event by violating an NDA. If all he wanted to do was "tell the truth" he could just stick his story on the Net, but he's publishing a book that will net serious royalties if it is allowed in print. The NDA is very specific. It says, in effect, "you can't publish a book without our review and permission." But it's more than the NDA. A SEAL in that position likely has a Top Secret clearance. Violating that is actually more serious than the NDA.

If his fellow SEALs said, "Yeah, that's how it went down." then I would be more inclined to believe him, but right now it's just one guy, which could be the result of anything, including diversion.

yes.. but here's what I caught from the OP's link ...interesting ...

According to the letter, the nondisclosure agreement signed by Bissonnette when he was a SEAL only applied to "specially identified Special Access Programs" and not missions such as the May 1, 2011 raid.

but.. what's kinda funny is..

ALL of the world knows OBL should have been brought in like Sadam.. not offed.. US gov and it's thug tactics & pride are/have/will get themselves painted in a corner soon .. if not already ..

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Righto, like the pentagon would publically get in a knife fight about the Bin Laden raid with a seal, if indeed this is genuine.
Things like this dont see the light of day, without the Pentagon or CIA's involvement.
Remember one simple fact, 9/11 doesnt add up and Bin Laden denied involvement.

So, its safe to say that this is also just the US elite, reaffirming the foundations of this 10yr old fraud on the world.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” ~ Joseph Goebbels

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm sure this has been mentioned, at least I hope... But...

I think this is all a setup. So people will think "Oh, look! They are going after this guy for telling the truth! So it must be the truth or else they wouldn't be trying to punish him like that." And people will think that the official story created for public consumption must be true...

Of course if this guy does serious time then that either means I'm wrong, or some kind of programming has been implemented in his mind. As was hinted at by a poster on page one.

Maybe it didn't even have to be programming, but a planted look-a-like instead who was told something entirely different would happen or was not told of the seal raid at all and thought he was just gonna be used to make a video or two.

Or whatever. I'm totally willing to admit I could be wrong. But all I'm saying is not to believe everything you see or hear.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

This whole affair is a red herring IMO. Its a physiological smoke screen.

Think about it...how do you fool a conspiracy theorist? You feed him another conspiracy that backs up the first lie.

By having a Seal come out with this story against the governments wishes they are making him an underdog and everyone will focus of the injustice of not being able to publish his book or arguing about whether he has the right to tell his story in the first place they are focusing less on whether the government actually did take out Osama on that day.

You are absolutely correct on this.

This fiasco over the book seems like a ploy to further establish the official story about the SEALS getting Osama that day. Like you said, this whole thing is a distraction from the main issue.... whether or not Osama was indeed killed by the SEALS.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
One of the common aspects of most of the ATS posters that I have read, is a completer lack of knowledge and understanding of the subjects that they post.
This one is no different.
Just so you boys know, the reason that there is a nondisclosure, and this stuff is kept classified is because by telling the details, mission technique and operation procedure is exposed and compromised. This will cost people's lives.
not that any of you boiys really care about such trivialities.
Afterall, YOU HAVE RIGHTS!
Not that I see anything about your right to full disclosure in the Constitution.
Now, I know that all you basement trolls are so special that you deserve to know all details of everything that the government does. But maybe you'd consider actually joining the military, excelling to the point where you actually had your life depend on secrecy, then tell us all how there shouldn't be secrets.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stillwind

And who exactly are you talking too?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is growing dissent in the the operator community ...

Not the types of people you would want to cross and they stick together...

'in times of lies and deceit; telling the truth is a revolutionary act.'

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Still sounds like BS. The whole thing stinks of being a staged events, and immediately there was public discussion about how the entire story was BS. So, imo, the Pentagon thinks well .. if we create a figure that we claim was actually there and gives the same story but makes a big deal over tiny details, we create a scenario where the public has to choose between the official story, or the same but slightly different official story. Drastically reduces the amount of people who say the entire thing is BS.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Lying isn't illegal. Telling the truth is.

Welcome to the United States Armed Forces.

And what is reneging on contracts? [...]

Renege is short for renegotiate. NDAs are not enforceable under natural law because they are 1. unilateral and 2. alleged agreements with fictitious entities. Contracts consist of an offer and an acceptance. The acceptance of the contract, if coerced, is fraudulent and the contract itself is even under statutory law, void. Of course most people don't know these truths so they believe that they are bound by a contract when they are not. And belief makes all the difference.

edit on 2-9-2012 by seamus because: reworded for clarity

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Link for the book?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I dont normally listen to Alex Jones but i found this very interesting when i did, its about the Seal team 6 book being a fraud,you tell me guys and gals truth? or a sy op. Steve did work for phycological intelligence.
hope this helps

edit on 2/9/12 by lostgold because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/9/12 by lostgold because: vid link

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Im really sorry i cant get the link working guys,New Seal Team 6 Book A Fraud: Steve Pieczenik is on you tube and he seems really un happy about the situation and other operatives being in harms way over it.
Rockpuck ,love the quote in Irish

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
User Stillwind.
"Now, I know that all you basement trolls are so special that you deserve to know all details of everything that the government does. But maybe you'd consider actually joining the military, excelling to the point where you actually had your life depend on secrecy, then tell us all how there shouldn't be secrets."

Well, Matt Bissonette does not seem too worried about anyone knowing his identity.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 2-9-2012 by Greenman1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenman1
"Now, I know that all you basement trolls are so special that you deserve to know all details of everything that the government does. But maybe you'd consider actually joining the military, excelling to the point where you actually had your life depend on secrecy, then tell us all how there shouldn't be secrets."

Well, Matt Bissonette does not seem too worried about anyone knowing his identity.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Perhaps he was not on the chopper when they shot it down with the rest of his team on it?

It amazes me that you label all of us,basement trolls... google Captain Walter Hill and tell me my family have not given enough time to military. 10 plus years prisoner of war,made labour on the Burma railroad and being made watch as all your young men and women were murdered actually slaughtered. your the troll!!
that o.k for you? enough blood? Also a man that refused the Hague,is that enough silence for you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join