learn more

Attention Right Wing Bashers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Well, just make sure you bash the right a little harder, because they are so evil!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Those points will not even brought up at the DNC convention.

6,12,13 are deal breakers

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR

Well, just make sure you bash the right a little harder, because they are so evil!

They are both evil.

They are both the same.

They both want to do things slightly different with the same outcome.

So what exactly is the point of this thread?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Democrats and Republicans differ tremendously, now more than ever before.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

If you want some rational debating points from a person who is perceived as a "leftist" then I'll happily provide them. In fact I am eager to because this growing gulf between the parties and the fact that people are more and more often referring to themselves as "Republican" or "Democrat", instead of "American". It's troubling and, in my opinion, both Sun Tsu and Machiavelli would be wringing their hands in delight over what's happening in this country right now.

So here are some thoughts...

1) Call home our troops and make a clear policy of only going to war when it is in the primary interest of America and the American people. Wars, historically, were boons to industry, employment, and work. This time it's backfired on us and now our social services are stressed to the hilt by returning veterans who cannot find work and many of them are now physically or psychologically damaged or disabled to boot. This past decade of war has pushed us to the limit and hasn't helped industry or employment at all.

2) Abolish lobbying and Super Pacs. Make both of these "professions" illegal.

3) Focus upon corruption, misappropriation, fraud, waste, and irresponsible governmental spending.

4) Modernize and streamline all Federal and state government programs and agencies. Run them like a true businessman would run them, and not like they were part of an over-bloated, wild-west, anything goes, barely any accountability bureaucracy. Consolidate all the redundant jobs, modernize, and make Civil Servants pay performance based instead of flat salary.

5) Stop borrowing money to pay off interest on previously borrowed money. This is how average citizens created the housing and credit bubbles - we should expect government to do more.

6) Allow the Bush tax cuts to expire.

7) Discuss some form of flat tax that doesn't favor the rich nor punish the middle or bottom income families.

8) Abolish the Fed.

9) Take steps to get away from a fiat based currency economy.

10) Reform social services so that it's harder for criminals to abuse the system by committing fraud.

11) Tort reform to stop frivolous litigation, which clogs up our courtrooms and excuses corporate greed.

12) Fix the medical system - either by universal healthcare or a structured set of rules preventing HMO's, doctors, and insurance companies from price gouging.

13) Create a common sense set of rules to keep Wall Street, banks, and conglomerates from having both hands and both feet in the cookie jar.

There's a start.

~Heff

Addendum to some of your brilliant ideas.......

1. Returning troops can guard our Borders, keeping them employed.
2-3. Hold ALL politicians, to even stricter laws, then say the average American. Double, Tripple the jail time, for infractions. That would weed out those who think its just a free ticket, to an easy life.
4.Hold all of Congress to their word. If they cant get done, what they should get done, RECALL THEM.
5.End ALL perks, for Congress.One flat pay rate, no raises, unless its on a Ballot, that WE THE PEOPLE, can vote on.

I could go on, but your list is Perfect, actually.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Republicans are a one-sided coin, Make Money Period. Democrats are a two-sided coin, make just enough money...then redistribute the money asap.

link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you are probably right neo. But the important thing is that, even as our high profile leaders continue to polarize the nation and it's citizens.... The people, us, we can still sit down and have a rational conversation about digging our way out of this hole we're in.

That's how grass roots movements begin. And it's why there's hope for America. People can be far left and far right, as it creates balance... but the fulcrum point - the important bit - is always in the middle.

~Heff

link   

Democrats and Republicans differ tremendously, now more than ever before.

Yeah on minor differences, social policies, and where they want to spend money.

They both want to spend more money, they both want to continue the same foreign policy and they both want to continue raising the debt and that's what actually matters. There's nothing different about them, except for the petty social issues that stupid people fall for.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Well, as Thomas Jefferson would say, "It's my freedom to be stupid."

link   

reply to post by RELDDIR

Republicans are a one-sided coin, Make Money Period. Democrats are a two-sided coin, make just enough money...then redistribute the money asap.

You are clueless, and obviously no nothing about how our government works.

Bottom line, Obama and Romney are both going to raise the debt and continue spending at the same levels, Romeny wants to spend more on the military Obama wants to spend more on social policies, so tell me how are our core problems going to be changed under either of them. They aren't.

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

So here are some thoughts...

1) Call home our troops and make a clear policy of only going to war when it is in the primary interest of America and the American people. Wars, historically, were boons to industry, employment, and work. This time it's backfired on us and now our social services are stressed to the hilt by returning veterans who cannot find work and many of them are now physically or psychologically damaged or disabled to boot. This past decade of war has pushed us to the limit and hasn't helped industry or employment at all.

Agreed.

2) Abolish lobbying and Super Pacs. Make both of these "professions" illegal.

As long as you include unions in that, we have a deal.

3) Focus upon corruption, misappropriation, fraud, waste, and irresponsible governmental spending.

Agreed.

4) Modernize and streamline all Federal and state government programs and agencies. Run them like a true businessman would run them, and not like they were part of an over-bloated, wild-west, anything goes, barely any accountability bureaucracy. Consolidate all the redundant jobs, modernize, and make Civil Servants pay performance based instead of flat salary.

Agreed. Are you sure you're not a Tea Partier?

5) Stop borrowing money to pay off interest on previously borrowed money. This is how average citizens created the housing and credit bubbles - we should expect government to do more.

Agreed.

6) Allow the Bush tax cuts to expire.

Agreed. Wait, what? Tax cuts should go back even further. It is our money. Let us keep it. Government should NOT be the bloated black-hole for MY money.

7) Discuss some form of flat tax that doesn't favor the rich nor punish the middle or bottom income families.

Agreed.

8) Abolish the Fed.

Agreed.

9) Take steps to get away from a fiat based currency economy.

Agreed. Go back to the gold standard.

10) Reform social services so that it's harder for criminals to abuse the system by committing fraud.

Agreed.

11) Tort reform to stop frivolous litigation, which clogs up our courtrooms and excuses corporate greed.

Agreed. It'll help stop fraud in the medical system.

12) Fix the medical system - either by universal healthcare or a structured set of rules preventing HMO's, doctors, and insurance companies from price gouging.

Get rid of ACA and we'll talk.

13) Create a common sense set of rules to keep Wall Street, banks, and conglomerates from having both hands and both feet in the cookie jar.

Agreed.

Gee, that was easy.
edit on 1-9-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Well, as Thomas Jefferson would say, "It's my freedom to be stupid."

Embrace your ignorance then, and thankyou for clarifying you are just as bad as the Obamamaniacs.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You are clueless, go ahead have a revolution. Be prepared to fight China and Russia after you win.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Heff I gave you a star for the wisdom in your words.

However your talking crazy here, none of this will ever happen, as it would actually help the country not the billionaire donation pumps who actually run this show.

My prediction for the next 4 years reguardless of which one of these POS that gets elected is as follows.

We will continue to see legislation protecting billionaires rights to make more money than anyone would ever need, while simultaniously seeing further legislation that destroys the rights of those at the bottom to ever acquire any form of wealth at all reguardless of work ethic performance or decision making. Because we all know, it is a businesses right to make billions, but not the worker making the products that make the billions. Possible to see their fair share of the profits.

A continuation of "the wars" only now including new players.

Further increases of the right of police to brutalize anyone for anything, but 2 guys have a little fight, and both must be punished to the full extent of the law.

Further erosion of family values ( not the christian version either, but any families values, be they mainstream or alternative) as the state continues to brainwash our children in school,while teching them next to nothing, all the while demanding ever more money for ever decreasing perfomance.

A BIG financial collapse, fueled by the printing of hundreds of trillions of dollars by the FED behind the peoples back.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Stay out of my womb, but hey pay for my birth control pills".

And what is the RNCs? Buy your own birth control, regardless how poor you are, if you get pregnant (even if raped) be forced to have the baby. We won't give poor people, foodstamps, medicaid, or WIC if you have that said baby..who cares if it starves...at least you didn't have that abortion.

edit on 1-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You are clueless, go ahead have a revolution. Be prepared to fight China and Russia after you win.

I really wish you could back up that statement with some facts on how I am clueless. Please do, I obliged and did the same for you the least you could do is do the same for me and tell me how Romney is going to decrease the debt, Don't see how when he wants to cut taxes and increase military spending by hundreds of billions, when we already spend $600,000,000,000+ and still have Medicare, Medicaid, social security, etc.

link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

A BIG financial collapse, fueled by the printing of hundreds of trillions of dollars by the FED behind the peoples back.

Maybe its needed. The only thing that I would like to see, is those that made the rules before, stay the hell away, with those who need to make the rules now. WE THE PEOPLE.
edit on 1-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Thank you for coming here, RealSpoke.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I've noticed that there's in inverse correlation with intelligence and words posted.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Dang...I hate to say this, but I agree with your list.....

Here;s the really scary part for all the Tea Party haters out there......Read Heff's list.....that's the Tea Party!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join