Attention Right Wing Bashers

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Voting for a POTUS is a smokescreen really. The popular vote is probably rigged by Deibold and the Electoral College has the final say anyway...

But we vote on much more than just a POTUS and, as far as I can tell, smaller votes seem to be more on the up and up than the three ring circus of Presidential elections are.

So voting is a good thing to do. But understanding the nature of the beast (politics and how we're manipulated) is also key.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Unions, Unions, Unions!

Earth Citizen don't EVEN get me started on unions. A.T.S.S.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by morefiber

Thanks Heff.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why does it always seem it's far-right-wingers who are out of work and calling for the government to make jobs happen for them? I get than President Obama and the "don't allow anything useful to happen" congress have not made as much progress as we'd hoped in 3 1/2 years, but to believe that things have gotten worse simply because one hasn't done anything to help one's own situation is ridiculous.

I'm just baffled though, it always seems it's dedicated Republicans who blame Obama for them not having jobs. I thought Getting you a job was not the government's job? I also thought "conservative" would mean you didn't want the feds limiting the rights of individuals, but we know how untrue that is.

Unemployment rate is around 8-9%. If you "still" don't have a job, guess what? You're the bottom of the barrel when it comes to employees. You, are in the 10% least-employable. Who's fault is that? Obama's, right? Seriously, all you people (of that mindset) are communists at heart. You want the government to provide a job for you, you want the government to solve your problem with your house, etc.

You know what I did when I lost my job after Bush and congress legislated my customer base out of business to Benefit the big banks? I networked, I learned new things, I changed careers and took a pay cut from $120k+ to $35k. Then I rose to the top in my company and got back over 6-figures because I worked hard and smart and proved my value. You csn do the same, or you can cry about Obama and the fact that he would like for income tax on the top 1% to be raised to half of what it was before Reagan started skyrocketing our debt.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber

Unions, Unions, Unions!

Earth Citizen don't EVEN get me started on unions. A.T.S.S.

Corrupt unions are better than no unions, unless you like corporate slavery.

Big discussion and I don't have time for it now, so lets just agree to disagree!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Since Ron Paul got cheated, nobody cares anymore. Let them pick whatever gum flapping bobblehead they want to put in the white house. Things will continue going the same way until enough people stop putting their bank accounts where they should be putting their morals. These geniuses don't understand that their support puts Americans directly in harms way and until they do nothing will ever change, even then I doubt it would because these idiots just don't care.

Oh no!!! But racism and homosexuals THAT'S what we need to worry about. God forbid we actually stop worrying about racial tension and homosexuals long enough to you know... actually worry about a real problem, like for example the hordes of people in prison and the hordes of people that don't have jobs because rich uncle moneybags sold us all out to the lowest bidder. Let's not mention that, because it could hurt someone's feelings and go against everything Fox News is telling you.
edit on 1-9-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber

While I don't know any masonic bankers, myself, I agree with the latter parts of what you said.
I agree on the 1st amendment part, there should be some allowable funding per person, imo.
I disagree, I think, on the 2nd amendment part, mostly. There should be some gun control, but by and large, I trust my neighbors, and think that by and large, law abiding Americans should be allowed to own what they want.

On the validity of the con. I would have to say that we have had it for over 200 years, and have been following it as written. I have a copy, and will follow it as written.
M

Nope. It becomes unethical because the balance of power shifts away from the ordinary citizen to the global elite. In principle it does not matter if it is one penny or one billion dollars. When you "donate money" you are essentially buying future favors.

Most countries have a vote tax to ensure minimum conflicts of interest and punish those caught giving handouts to political campaigns. Also a one year election cycle is excessive in that it costs too much money for everyone.

A messed up election system is what allows republicans and democrats TO ALWAYS WIN! Think about, it is not rocket science. Ron Paul would have beat the hell out of both obama and romney and I am not even a libertarian.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by morefiber

Unions are a difficult subject. They began as good things. It's hard for modern people to believe this, but once upon a time ( not so long ago really ) business owners could literally do anything to their employees and there was not much people could do about it. This included literally using private security, or even Army troops to open fire on striking workers - striking workers who were protesting deplorable working conditions.

This is what can happen if there are no unions.

Unfortunately unions became corrupt themselves. They got greedy. They got too powerful. Many got taken over by the mob and became nothing more than rackets.

I'm for unions, but think we need to reform them, get the criminals pried loose, and then use legislation or public pressure to make them stay reasonable and rational.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Not all unions are the same, and I am sure there are still a few very good ones left. I also respect their role, and don't want the alternative. I have more specific union gripes that I don't want to get into here. I am a member of one, and agree with most of what you and EarthCitizen are saying.
Good Night.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I see what you are saying, but I also see the difference from a $2,000 one time, per person, donation to whatever political group one wants, and unlimited campaign contributions by anyone or any corporation. I don't think a corporation should be allowed to donate any money WSE to political groups or affiliates.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's nice that you're under the assumption that anybody who bashes Romney or the Republican Party must therefore be a left-wing liberal Democrat, but you are completely wrong. The only thing needed to bash Romney and Ryan is common sense. I am not a Democrat, and i have and will criticize Obama and the Democratic Party.
The only problem is, in all honesty, they don't provide quite as much fodder for attack. They are SLIGHTLY less despicable than the current make-up of the Republican Party.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I despise the Democratic party, thus I do not need to watch the DNC.

Having identified with the principles that the Republicans use to claim to support, I feel it is within might right to "bash" them when they have gone so far astray. They are truly as bad as the Democrats.

If you don't see that, you're either too young or too dumb to realize it.

The crap they pulled at the RNC truly was Gestapo like, how can you defend it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/2/2012 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nicely said. Look... no one is excited about Romney. He's a white bread business guy, smart, analytical, proven winner. So... he's probably the best guy for the job between the two. Unless we change a lot of seats the house and Senate it won't matter much. The fiscal waterfall is looming large and we still seem to be arguing about who needs to paddle. Hell, people are still piling on the boat even though they can hear the roaring from the rocks below! It's a crazy world we live in.

V

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You know, we can hold hold both parties to the same standard all day long-in the end it is a two party dictatorship. Pick your poison-you will get the same results.
Awareness is heightened right now because the public is very disinfranchised with both parties. I think the DNC can expect the same treatment.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Don't know what is more hilarious.

Neo96 complaining about what he himself is.

Or Neo96 complaining about what he should also do.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Maybe it's you laughing away at political posts on the internet?

That's also kind of hilarious.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Voting for a POTUS is a smokescreen really. The popular vote is probably rigged by Deibold and the Electoral College has the final say anyway...

~Heff

I must disagree.

Candidates wouldn't spend billions on a rigged game. They'd spend a few million to make it look good and wait for the results.

I believe in our (admittedly flawed) system.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would love for you to be right Beez!

Spending billions doesn't necessarily prove the process to me. There is a very real truth that spending money to be famous will make you money in the long run. Look at Paris Hilton, Snookie, Nicole Ritchie, etc... media exposure is mind programming. We see enough of a persons face on TV we develop subtle but powerful associations with that person... they can become family to us in a sense.

This is as powerful a motive, IMO, for spending advertising money as any other.

I've been under the belief that Diebold is a sham since Kennedys' election for a long time now... it'd be a hard habit to break for me.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by beezzer

I would love for you to be right Beez!

Spending billions doesn't necessarily prove the process to me. There is a very real truth that spending money to be famous will make you money in the long run. Look at Paris Hilton, Snookie, Nicole Ritchie, etc... media exposure is mind programming. We see enough of a persons face on TV we develop subtle but powerful associations with that person... they can become family to us in a sense.

This is as powerful a motive, IMO, for spending advertising money as any other.

I've been under the belief that Diebold is a sham since Kennedys' election for a long time now... it'd be a hard habit to break for me.

~Heff

Lets just look at this "conspiracy" objectively then.

Corporations, PAC's, unions, currently give multimillions towards candidates campaigns.

"They" don't know it's rigged?
Are we, the humble unwashed, somehow clued into this while mega-banking/corporate multijillionaires aren't?

The system is flawed, but it isn't broken. Just because one side didn't win, doesn't mean that it is rigged.

(This isn't directed at you.)
Also, blaming all of Obama's actions on suppoed "puppetmasters" is an easy out and a defense for failed policy attempts. ie; People blame Bush, but defend Obama because he's not really "in charge".

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Um 6 figures puts you in a vastly different situation than most will ever know. It allows you enough money to go to school and get another degree to get another great job. Most people will never even be able to school, or make 6 figures in a year no matter what happens.

Your statements are akin to the fat aussie lady that said all poor people can be successful like her if they stop smoking and drinking. She overlooks the fact she started a lot farther up the food chain than most will ever get, despite work ethic performance or decision making.

The system guarantees only very few, and not evven necessarily the best and brightest, but often the most beautiful, and well connected will succeed, while most will not. Reguardless of any factors, besides being born beautiful, or rich, or having the right parents.

You can't honestly tell me you believe that luck had nothing to do with your success. As we all know, there were people just as qualified for your job that also applied for it, but didn't get it while you did.

new topics
top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join