It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Eurisko2012
Give the gop four years and let's see how well the country is doing. Do you seriously believe things will change and we won't have a massive debt? Do you really think all of what you said will change? When it doesn't, and it won't, will you stop backing one party over the other?
Originally posted by Iron7
I hate the left wing as much as anyone else
Originally posted by SaturnFX
I overall abstained from any discussions about the RNC speakers (outside Clint). I try not to watch conventions as they are simply a infomercial for their base only and so are all just a bunch of cheerleaders for the fringe.
The debates are the times when people tune in and see who is running. all the stuff before almost didn't happen.
I would love to see 30 debates for every presidency..really smoosh them against one another and see who is making far more sense and is more the jedi
But ya, I imagine the GOPheads were going all rally against obama as the theme, questionable facts, etc..but its their party..time for them to feel like the good guys or something, but its a party only they are interested in joining, so the audience isn't seeking truth, they are seeking fun and comfort. same with the upcoming DNC.
But Clint...bah, nevermind, its Clint.
You will witness the firepower of Free Market Capitalism.
Originally posted by openminded2011
One other observation. If the far right and the far left keeps the focus on personal attacks, then they take the peoples eyes off the REAL issues, and it just turns into a partisan war. In the process nothing gets resolved. The people are the losers. The people need to DEMAND that they stop the mudslinging and focus on getting the country on track and WORK TOGETHER to do this. That is what we elect them for, they seem to have forgotten that. Both parties. You have to ask yourself, what has either of them really put forward for fixing the country, in real concrete terms? Its all fluff.edit on 1-9-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Hefficide
Dang...I hate to say this, but I agree with your list.....
Here;s the really scary part for all the Tea Party haters out there......Read Heff's list.....that's the Tea Party!!!
Originally posted by WeRpeons
-How many years have these two political systems ignored the voters demands for abolishing lobbyists, political packs and corporate influences within our government?
-How many times have they ignored the voter's demand for term limits?
-How many times have they ignored the excessive burdens imposed on families due to excessive costs of higher education?
-How many years have gone by while they ignored implementing an energy plan that would ween us off foreign oil and onto new sources of energy?
-How many times have they ignored the spiraling costs of healthcare coverage for all Americans?
-How many times have they increased spending tax dollars to build the largest war machine in the world, increased military bases around the world, increased foreign aid, and all at the expense of our economy and struggling Americans here at home?
You think you're supporting a political party that cares about you? Think again.
Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by neo96
If you want some rational debating points from a person who is perceived as a "leftist" then I'll happily provide them. In fact I am eager to because this growing gulf between the parties and the fact that people are more and more often referring to themselves as "Republican" or "Democrat", instead of "American". It's troubling and, in my opinion, both Sun Tsu and Machiavelli would be wringing their hands in delight over what's happening in this country right now.
So here are some thoughts...
1) Call home our troops and make a clear policy of only going to war when it is in the primary interest of America and the American people. Wars, historically, were boons to industry, employment, and work. This time it's backfired on us and now our social services are stressed to the hilt by returning veterans who cannot find work and many of them are now physically or psychologically damaged or disabled to boot. This past decade of war has pushed us to the limit and hasn't helped industry or employment at all.
2) Abolish lobbying and Super Pacs. Make both of these "professions" illegal.
3) Focus upon corruption, misappropriation, fraud, waste, and irresponsible governmental spending.
4) Modernize and streamline all Federal and state government programs and agencies. Run them like a true businessman would run them, and not like they were part of an over-bloated, wild-west, anything goes, barely any accountability bureaucracy. Consolidate all the redundant jobs, modernize, and make Civil Servants pay performance based instead of flat salary.
5) Stop borrowing money to pay off interest on previously borrowed money. This is how average citizens created the housing and credit bubbles - we should expect government to do more.
6) Allow the Bush tax cuts to expire.
7) Discuss some form of flat tax that doesn't favor the rich nor punish the middle or bottom income families.
8) Abolish the Fed.
9) Take steps to get away from a fiat based currency economy.
10) Reform social services so that it's harder for criminals to abuse the system by committing fraud.
11) Tort reform to stop frivolous litigation, which clogs up our courtrooms and excuses corporate greed.
12) Fix the medical system - either by universal healthcare or a structured set of rules preventing HMO's, doctors, and insurance companies from price gouging.
13) Create a common sense set of rules to keep Wall Street, banks, and conglomerates from having both hands and both feet in the cookie jar.
There's a start.
Originally posted by nightstalker46
IMO the Tea Party is the only genuine grass roots movement that has any chance to challenge the status-quo. No wonder the beltway Republicans and the socialist left hate them.
Hey, I vote for Heff
Originally posted by neo96
Still underwater on a mortgage, still out of work as of this moment what the hell is going to change in the next 4 years that all that "success" of the past 4 years solve?.