It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Body's Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You're always going to have your body. Your body will always continue to function. The thing to understand is that the body has its own intelligence. Your body, in fact, functions perfectly well without any input required from your conscious-conditioned mind. If you think about it, a very large portion of your life involves actions of your body. If you are able to detach your conscious mind from the body's movements completely, and observe its self-functioning, you will know without a doubt that it does, indeed, function perfectly well on its own.

If you are able to do this, you will in fact see that your conscious mind actually limited your body's capability to function at capacity. In other words, your body will act perfectly, better than you ever could have, if you are able to detach the conscious mind from it. This same principle, in fact, holds for speaking and writing. If you are able to detach from all of this, 'you' are no longer involved in any activities involving the external world. 'You' are simply watching 'yourself' do things, and continuously surprising yourself at how well you are able to function without any effort whatsoever.

Doing this puts you in an incredibly relaxed state. You are literally doing nothing, and nothing can go wrong for you, really. The more you detach, the less mistakes you'll make. 'You,' as in your conscious mind, has always been the source of the mistakes. 'You,' as in your conscious mind, has never produced intelligence or talent, but rather served as a focused limiter of it. Beyond this deep relaxation, very high levels of excitement and pleasure open up. Again, it has always been your conscious mind that has limited excitement and pleasure. When 'you' aren't doing anything, but everything is getting done, it is like an incredibly immersive movie, a constant feeling of uncertain thrill. Sensual pleasure, similarly, is able to be experienced fully, without the conscious mind limiting it, as it has always done.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Actually I do this often when my mother-in law talks to me..
edit on 1-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

I agree.. until we get hungry or have to go to the bathroom

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Your Body Functions because your Brain controls INVOLUNTARY BODILY FUNCTIONS such as breathing and your Heart Beating and etc...

A person even when conscious still has a Subconscious that is always Recording everything that our senses detect. This is even so when we are not conscious. So even if you are not in a Conscious State...remember...the OTHER YOU...the Subconscious is capable of making decisions. This is why we are capable of SLEEP WALKING. The Subconscious Mind activates the internal switch that disconnects our ability to move...ie...SLEEP PARALYSIS...and a person is walking around being controlled by their subconscious mind.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Your Body Functions because your Brain controls INVOLUNTARY BODILY FUNCTIONS such as breathing and your Heart Beating and etc...

A person even when conscious still has a Subconscious that is always Recording everything that our senses detect. This is even so when we are not conscious. So even if you are not in a Conscious State...remember...the OTHER YOU...the Subconscious is capable of making decisions. This is why we are capable of SLEEP WALKING. The Subconscious Mind activates the internal switch that disconnects our ability to move...ie...SLEEP PARALYSIS...and a person is walking around being controlled by their subconscious mind.

Split Infinity

Very true. The subconscious mind has a far larger range of information to work with than our conscious mind, which is why it is able to outperform it by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

Split Infinity

Very true. The subconscious mind has a far larger range of information to work with than our conscious mind, which is why it is able to outperform it by a long shot.

this is also in ways a false statement,,,

you are trying to measure and judge with some system of importance the different parts of the human is?

i do not think the subconscious mind has a far larger range of information to work with then our conscious minds,.., ok,,,, maybe that is correct that it does have a larger database,,, but then you conclude with,, which is why it is able to outperform it b a long shot,,, which i dont agree with,.,., because it takes the waking focused concentrated, dedicated, state of waking consciousness to make sense and use of the infinite details and information captured by the subconscious,, we can say the entire system as a whole is all encompassingly important,,.,. but i view the waking conscious mind which the user controls with will and intellect as the one who does the most performance,,, for example,, everything man has ever done,, all inventions,, all physical work,, building every sky scraper and pantheon, and home, growing food,, yes a lot of ideas and concepts and thoughts are kind of 2nd naturally popping out of the subconscious when the thinker least expects it,,, but lets give the individual some credit!! eh? im a little skeptical of your mission? getting people to stop thinking and just becoming autopilot sacks of mush?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I've been intrigued by ideas such as those in OP and in attempting to develop this effortless sort of state and have found it to be quite a challenge.

Is this the conspiracy of everything? To create a public incapable of functioning at optimum levels because of a mind state defined by a fragile ego?

Or, maybe living at a low level early in life and rising throughout is better than the opposite.

Anyway, you got any tips for developing body intelligence beyond the standard meditation, yoga, tai chi etc? I think dancing is good, I feel like I should dance more as I don't much at all.

Also, I'd like an opinion on this: What do you think of professional athletes in the context of the OP? Do they have superior body intelligence and therefore a high mental level? I'm thinking of Tom Brady in particular, and the way he moves and acts so efficiently as a QB. Not many sports fans here, as I've learned, but I sometimes think athletes don't get enough credit on a philosophical level.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Good ideas.

I agree the bodily instincts and functions is a higher intellect. Except I don't believe one can outperform himself. I also don't think one can detach himself from himself. When we mention the body as if it was something separate from our being, we enter the foggy realm of abstraction. Along with reaction, emotion, bodily function and instinct—things we deem as subconscious—the conscious mind, thought and memory are themselves subconscious instincts, and an intelligence of the body.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Good ideas.

I agree the bodily instincts and functions is a higher intellect. Except I don't believe one can outperform himself. I also don't think one can detach himself from himself. When we mention the body as if it was something separate from our being, we enter the foggy realm of abstraction. Along with reaction, emotion, bodily function and instinct—things we deem as subconscious—the conscious mind, thought and memory are themselves subconscious instincts, and an intelligence of the body.

I would say that the 'conscious mind' is really just a small portion of the subconscious mind that is fueled by habit and perceived significance.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
I've been intrigued by ideas such as those in OP and in attempting to develop this effortless sort of state and have found it to be quite a challenge.

Is this the conspiracy of everything? To create a public incapable of functioning at optimum levels because of a mind state defined by a fragile ego?

Or, maybe living at a low level early in life and rising throughout is better than the opposite.

Anyway, you got any tips for developing body intelligence beyond the standard meditation, yoga, tai chi etc? I think dancing is good, I feel like I should dance more as I don't much at all.

Also, I'd like an opinion on this: What do you think of professional athletes in the context of the OP? Do they have superior body intelligence and therefore a high mental level? I'm thinking of Tom Brady in particular, and the way he moves and acts so efficiently as a QB. Not many sports fans here, as I've learned, but I sometimes think athletes don't get enough credit on a philosophical level.

Non-standard tips for developing body intelligence...hmm. Well, I would perhaps suggest a couple things. For one thing, try to keep awareness centered, and try to at all times maintain awareness of everything that is going on in the body. Another thing, is basically try to cut unnecessary motions. If you pay attention, you will find that the majority of your body motions are completely unnecessary. With your awareness, try to realize that you do not always have to move around, just to move around. Be comfortable in stillness, and allow energies to build in it. Also, basically in times between things that you do, work on just sitting. If there is nothing you have to or want to do, just sit there, be still, be aware. We often fill in gaps where we really have nothing to do, with just wasting time doing meaningless activity.

As for athletes. I definitely do believe athletic skill is one potential manifestation of body intelligence. When you get in touch with your body's intelligence, it is like your instincts become incredible. Your body will just react to things, instantly, before your conscious mind would ever be able to think and process and conclude that was the right way. This sort of lightning fast instinctual response is a central part of athletics, in general. Videogames are another possible example. You need very fast reflexes. Just in general, every thing your body could do works much more efficiently if you allow your body's natural intelligence to function.

Now, just to go a bit deeper, it is perhaps important to understand why this works. The body is programmed by the brain. This programming is pre-defined, it doesn't need to be 'figured out' by your conscious mind. Through trying to 'figure it out' with your conscious mind, your pre-established programming gets clouded. Through detaching, and letting your body function naturally, it is able to work at maximum efficiency, because it has already been brilliantly programmed by your brain, and you are allowing that to run smoothly.
edit on 1-9-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Every person is actually THREE INDIVIDUALS. There is the Right Hemisphere of our Brain which is responsible for Creative Thought and Concepts and the Left Hemisphere which is responsible for Analytical Thought and then we have the Subconscious....which is in charge of several things.

The Human Subconscious records and stores FOREVER everything that a persons senses have detected and sent data to the subconscious as well as a record of everything we have ever thought about...Dreamed about as well as a complete record of all bodily functions and this includes Muscle Memory. So as you walked by a person who was reading a book on the beach and you are concentrating on your burning feet from the hot sand as well as carrying your blanket and towel as you navigate toward your Hotel and as you are doing this your eyes glance but for a microsecond at the page or pages that your eyes can see even from your peripheral vision...that data is stored in your subconscious.

Your Subconscious also doles out data to your Left and Right Hemispheres and at that point there is a certain amount of interconnectivity between all three. The Left and Right Hemispheres will fight for the ability to gain control over the data and the Subconscious will determine which side will receive greater amounts of data depending on how well the Subconscious determines which side is more capable of using that data. Once a side has been chosen...it will receive a greater amount of that data than the other side. Thus a issue involving determination of building a Sand Castle which uses both Hemispheres as to Both Create a design and calculate how much sand will be required to allow it's stability as well as what is the best way to implement the Creative Hemispheres Concept is a case where both sides have a close to equal controlling interest in completing the result.

But if we are constructing a Dam in order to prevent Sea water from getting your blanket wet...the Right Hemisphere will be a part of Creating the design but the Left Hemisphere will be more instrumental in calculating how large, how much sand, how thick and high the dam must be...how close or far away from the blanket it must be, whether the rising tide will overcome this dam, what angle the dams walls must be, the approx. amount of time required to build it before your blanket gets wet...etc.

Thus there are THREE of you all working or fighting together to achieve the best possible outcome.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I would ask that you read my previous post as to what our Subconscious is capable of.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Thus there are THREE of you all working or fighting together to achieve the best possible outcome.
Split Infinity

I think this further abstraction of the body, eviscerating ourselves into not only two pieces, but three, is probably unnecessary. We are, in actuality, talking about one person, not three of them. I enjoyed the idea though.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

We are basically Three People within one Mind. Experimentation has shown that when the connection is surgically separated between the Left and Right Hemispheres of a persons brain that during a Test where a person who has had this done had a thin separating wall if you will...placed between their eyes so that each eye could only see a card with a picture or figure or number placed in it's view that the other eye could not see...as well as the other eye not being able to see the card placed in front of the other but only see the card placed in front of it's self...two distinct and contrary observations occurred.

A card that had a picture of a Five of Hearts was placed in front of the Left Eye which has sensory input to the left Hemisphere of the Brain that is Analytical in nature...would have the person answer the question of what it was in a response of..."FIVE".

The same card was placed in front of the Right eye which is connected to the Right Hemisphere responsible for Creativity and the answer was..."Red Hearts...Love."

When BOTH were placed together in front of both eyes...CONFUSION! Even though the Subconscious knows what the cards represent...it has to first dole out the initial data to each side and allow the Two Hemispheres to communicate...which in this case they cannot as the connection had been cut...thus the response did not allow the Subconscious to be able to determine which side to increase data flow to as neither side provided an ample enough case as to why it should be the primary receiver of the data.

This is because without the connections between the two hemispheres...neither side is aware of the other and eventually...a separate Split Personality developed as each Hemisphere is a Mind unto itself. Since the Subconscious cannot take control in a Conscious State...it is left unable to become a connecting self in a conscious state. In a Dream State however...the Subconscious will gain Greater Control and in some cases create a Third Alternate Personality while the other two Selves...Left and Right Hemispheres are in a Sleep State and the Subconscious may function as an Individual and connect the Mind to Body switch that prevents a person from acting out Physically what occurs in Dreams. This is what creates Sleep Paralysis. If this occurs then a person may be in an Unconscious State but Physically Active and Mentally controlled and governed by the Subconscious as an entirely different person. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
One can probably separate their being into all sorts of catagories in order to analyze the self.
I often consider this sort of "body intelligence" versus what I refer to as the "intellect".

It is especially interestign to me because I feel that for much of my younger years, I was running basically on the physical intelligence and data it collects, with survival my only real intent or goal. I often consider this state as having been subconscious in contrast to the experience I had with "waking up"- or having my intellect suddenly enter a less passive state and begin leading (instead of being the passive observer).

When that happened, alternative sorts of intents and goals arose- self expression in various ways; creation other than biological forms (beyond making children). I began to identify my self as a being of ideas and concepts as well as sensation and reaction.

This intellectual self suddenly had at it's disposal a wealth of information, experience, and sensual memory to pull from, as well as the "job" of directing and channeling the force and energy available in it.

So I see this much as the cooperation that happens between me and the horses and dogs I work with- the human playing the part of "intellect" the animal being the physical part.
You train the animal step by step, and then they integrate the knowledge.... there is a time you step back and let them carry it out! You do not stay forever micromanaging their every movement! The goal is that they be able to become autonomous!

I love sports like cutting and herding work for this reason- the animal becomes autonomous with their new skills.
You learn the same in martial arts, in playing music, in many disciplines... there is a process of ingraining the muscle memory, then you back off and look ahead at the final goal or creation, and trust the body to get us there!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Split Infinity

You make a good point. It is the Conscious mind that sometimes have control issues where it is not needed. If you turn the control need off and only observe the subconscious mind will in itself sometimes do things that it feel is needed for the body to stay healthy. It is quite funny to suddenly notice yourself doing natural yoga movements when you had not taken a yoga class in your life.
edit on 1-9-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I would ask that you read my previous post as to what our Subconscious is capable of.
Split Infinity

I understand,, but I would ask you observe the people of the world and the work they produce every day to make the world go round,.. the majority of this work is propelled, actualized, and willed into existence by the waking,, intentful,commanding conscious mind..
edit on 1-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

your Brain controls INVOLUNTARY BODILY FUNCTIONS such as breathing and your Heart Beating...

not true, the heart has its own "spark-source" attached to it. it is autonom.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Split Infinity

I understand,, but I would ask you observe the people of the world and the work they produce every day to make the world go round,.. the majority of this work is propelled, actualized, and willed into existence by the waking,, intentful,commanding conscious mind..
edit on 1-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

You have to understand WHAT EXACTLY IS THE CONSCIOUS MIND? It is a combination of events that lead to a conscious thought then action. The ability for the Conscious Mind to think and act is controlled by a download of Data to both the Right and Left Hemispheres of the Brain. This data download in just the beginning of a concept as the Subconscious disseminates a certain amount of Sensory Collected Data into each of the Human Brains Hemispheres and these Hemispheres are in a Conscious State and each attempt to press their case for control and actually FIGHT FOR CONTROL of this Data for the right of control for the reception of MORE SUBCONSCIOUS STORED DATA...as they present a CASE like in a Court of Law to the Subconscious that one or the other is more apt to have the proper abilities to both Handle and Conceive of a concept or design that will accomplish what the Subconscious wants. So the Subconscious not only disseminates stored data but also determines which Hemisphere will receive more data than the other and since both Left and Right Hemispheres are connected...each one will decide how much further data will be provided to the HEMISPHERE which was not chosen to receive the FULL DATA DOWNLOAD and any further data is provided by the winning hemisphere when it sees a problem that the other hemisphere is more apt to be able to solve. This all means that even though Conscious Thought mainly occurs within the Two Hemispheres without the Subconscious and it's Data Storage Ability...and it's ability to decide which Hemisphere is the Proper one to get the job done...There would be no conscious thought. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yes...it does...and like a SPARK PLUG...what do you think controls the Hearts ability to beat proper...A SPARK CONTROL SYSTEM...in the Human Hearts case it is a Neural Connection hardwired via the Nervous System to part of the Human Brain. These specific Neurons can be surgically removed and they will spark on their own but their ability to receive signals to speed up or slow down as the Human Body Runs or is at Sleep is dependent on the Brains Neural Connection. If this was not the case we would not be able to change the rate of which our Heart beats at and if Running we would quickly pass out due to Lack of Oxygen.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join