It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Barack Obama/Ronald Reagan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The left Idolizes Barack Obama. The Right Idolized Ronald Reagan. Well what if I told you that there was a rising star in the Republican party that combined the image of Obama with with ideals of Reagan? There is such a person in the Republican Party today! You might have seen her make a speech at the Republican National Convention this year, endorsing her fellow Mormon Mitt Romney.

What's that? Oh yes she's a woman too! Huh? Yup also Mormon. Do you know who it is yet? I'll give you a hint. She's from Utah, and she's black!

Huh? You ask. How could such a person exist in the Republican Party?

Let me repeat myself. She is a Black, Mormon, Woman, from Utah who believes in fiscal responsibility, limited government, and personal liability. She is currently running for a Congressional Seat for the state of Utah. Give up?

Well, Ladies and Gentleman I present to you: Ludmya "Mia" Bourdeau Love

Here's her convention speech.

Otherwise known as Mia Love ever since her RNC speech she has burst onto the national stage upsetting liberals everywhere. Black men aren't supposed to be conservatives much less black woman! This has never happened before (as far as I am aware) in the history of politics. A strong independent black woman has never had such a strange combination of beliefs and world outlook, but Mia doesn't seem to care. She knows what she believes in and stands by her principles! Even after her Wikipedia Page was brutally vandalized

She has already aligned herself with the major players in the new Republican Party with people such as John Boehner, Ann Romney, and Paul Ryan. She was Mayor of Saratoga Springs in Utah and graduated from the University of Hartford with a fine arts degree. She also has some corporate experience.

Broadening on her views in the right wing political world. She is pro-life, she supports energy exploration, local control of education, gun rights and state control of public lands.

Taking hints from successful and not so successful campaigns she seems have the best qualities of a leader, congresswoman, conservative, and campaigner.

She even does her own spin on an old man's trick. The "Love Bomb." The money bomb of course made popular by Ron Paul.

Is there no stopping this woman? Could we see a President Love in the near future? 2032? I don't know about you, but I am keeping a close eye on her.

I put her in the political madness section well, because everything about her screams madness to the liberals.

edit on 31-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wrong. The left does NOT idolize Obama. Only simple minded people believe this to be true.
And this woman. Black? Female? Pretty? Gives great speeches? Sounds like the republicans have found one more person willing to play the double token. She is Joe the plumber.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I think you'll see more "Mia Love's" only because people are getting tired of being categorised by ANY political party.

Good for Mia!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

but she's a solid Republican. I could see that if she was a self-proclaimed Conservative (As in the Conservative Party) or Libertarian or Independent but she really is in the Republican Party. She's not going anywhere either!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You know, you're absolutely right, thank you for reminding me. Possibly a cabinet position in Romney's second term? Nah, that's too soon. US Senator? Governor? I think I like the idea of Governor better.

I have two worries though. I hope she's not a wunderkind who burns out too early, and there is a lot of time for her political enemies to try to set her up for some scandal or "gotcha" situations. She's like a diamond that hasn't been cut and polished yet. I hope she comes through it. I'd like to see her with more influence than she has right now.

P.s. This is a different style for you and your threads. I really like it. Nice work.
edit on 31-8-2012 by charles1952 because: Post script

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You're right, we don't know too much about her yet. We don't know where she'll fall on the political scale. Right now, she's new. She's testing the waters in the right wing and seeing who likes her and how far on the political scale she can go. If she is as far right as Palin or as nutty as Ron Paul/Glenn Beck, she has no chance!

She'll stay local as a govenor and do books/TV. Fortunately I think she can do more, and I hope the party leaders see to it that she stays on the stable path so that we can kick out Obama from the history books!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You're right, the LEFT is disillusioned by Obama. Their EGOS prevent them from accepting FACT. They look at unemployment numbers and cheerlead their MASTER. But when they look at themselves in the mirror, the finger they point is actually pointing back at them.

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Wrong. The left does NOT idolize Obama. Only simple minded people believe this to be true.
And this woman. Black? Female? Pretty? Gives great speeches? Sounds like the republicans have found one more person willing to play the double token. She is Joe the plumber.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by beezzer

but she's a solid Republican. I could see that if she was a self-proclaimed Conservative (As in the Conservative Party) or Libertarian or Independent but she really is in the Republican Party. She's not going anywhere either!

Hopefully this new breed of republican can oust the old guard. It might even make me go back to te GOP.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Wrong. The left does NOT idolize Obama.

We are proud to idolize Reagan. Why U no like barack?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I have a post about Obama coming up talking about just this but please keep the thread on topic. This isn't about Obama....This is about the exciting opportunity the GOP has to capitalize on Mia Love and make revenge all that more sweeter in the years to come

edit on 1-9-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Sorry, I just wanted to wake up on 11-07-12 and look at the dismay on the face of liberals. Just as the MSM overplayed Obama's popularity in 2008, they are underplaying Romney's support in 2012. Romney-Ryan 2012 is an undervalued political stock. Just like any good stock, before the "shift" begins it builds momentum, then WATCH OUT.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
You're right, the LEFT is disillusioned by Obama. Their EGOS prevent them from accepting FACT. They look at unemployment numbers and cheerlead their MASTER. But when they look at themselves in the mirror, the finger they point is actually pointing back at them.

In my opinion, what you consider "left" is not left at all. These people you are calling "left" are believers in the two party system and that their guy is better than the other guy. The "left" has little faith in this faithless system and has long been trying to broaden the elective spectrum. Lefties lent support to democrats only in such manner as have the tea party to the Republicans.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

The tea party didn't have to exist, until the left grew government out of control.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Wrong. The left does NOT idolize Obama.

We are proud to idolize Reagan. Why U no like barack?
You idolize a corporate illusion if you idolize Reagan. Put in place by the National Association of Manufacturers because he had personal charm which had captivated millions as he promoted twenty mule team Borax. If he could sell soap he could certainly sell the corporate knife in the back of the American public he presided over. Reagan? Obama? Shills both.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sorry, let's stay on topic.

Otherwise known as Mia Love ever since her RNC speech she has burst onto the national stage upsetting liberals everywhere. Black men aren't supposed to be conservatives much less black woman! This has never happened before (as far as I am aware) in the history of politics. A strong independent black woman has never had such a strange combination of beliefs and world outlook, but Mia doesn't seem to care. She knows what she believes in and stands by her principles! Even after her Wikipedia Page was brutally vandalized

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

President Obama was not elected because of his image - though the young "hip" thing did not hurt his chances by any means. And, contrary to the beliefs of some, I don't think he was elected due to racial issues either.

He was elected because he promised a change away from the conservative ideals that the majority of voters had grown weary of.

Change, for the record, that I personally think he failed to live up to.

As a man who voted for Ronald Wilson Reagan twice, I can say with all honesty that I regret having done so now. I bought into the entire bill of goods that he was selling. I preached the gospel of Reaganomics to everybody who would listen. The eighties were bountiful and I was positive that President Reagan was the man to pat on the back for the wonderful way life was going. But in my naivety I missed the truth that we all missed... We were making deals with the Devil. We unleashed corporations by removing the controls that previous generations had put into place. Deregulation seemed like a wonderful thing to do at the time.

But look where it has us today. Companies that price gouge openly, post record profits, pay their executives literal fortunes for it all... and the people suffer.

If this woman shares Reagans dreams then, in my opinion, she needs to dream a little less, open her eyes, and take a look around. America is atrophying and we need some real change before it's too late.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

The tea party didn't have to exist, until the left grew government out of control.
The left didn't grow government out of control. They have not been IN government. I think you are a believer in this " liberals say conservatives are the problem, conservatives say liberals are the problem" syndrome manufactured and promoted by the power hungry of both fictional sides.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree with you Heff, then why can't EVERYONE including the PRESIDENT, live under the laws and regulations they pass?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join