It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to snap out this funk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandyIt could be brain chemicals which if you voyage through ATS you could learn a lot about things that affect us (possibly) in this realm.
!

I know the first lines are directed to me but I'm not sure about the rest.

For good measure I'll elaborate anyway. It's definitely endorphins and there are a lot of things one can do to improve the way their mind functions, but sometimes you just don't have the will to do these things... so sometimes a person who is in a funk can't just get up and dive into exercise although it's very important for good health and is a good piece of advice as it will make you feel better.

Let me give you two examples of what I refer to.

I had a falling out with someone and they screwed me over at a time when I had no one else. they were trying to get me to bow down to their wishes while not giving me a tiny piece of respect. It really got to me how i was being controlled and i wanted to rid my life of that person but it was easier said than done. Eventually i did but at this point in time, we had fought and I got them to leave and as I was there alone, I really broke down. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. It felt like an elephant was on my chest and I truly thought i was going to die on my bed crying.... then all of the sudden it felt as though someone walked into the room and I jumped up off the bed so startled I must have looked insane. I was certain someone was there but no one was there. This is when the endorphins came and I have no explanation for this because I have been sad a lot in my life and this doesn't always happen. For quite some time I coasted through a very difficult time with a very distinct sense of peace. I got a lot accomplished in the next couple of months and got out of a bad situation... at the same time I was grieving over the loss of a friend so this was no easy time. I can't explain it... but it isn't the last time this has happened.

Later...Job trouble, boy trouble, people being just downright mean and some of this is connected to some of my conspiratorial troubles because of who i was working for. I have been given a hard time by some government contractors and rather than explain all that, I'll just cut to the chase. One particular day i had enough and broke down in the parking lot of a restaurant as my family was inside eating. I stayed in the truck because I was at my wits end, didn't want to eat or talk. I was trying to hold back the tears as i sat there and at the time i was having health problems and a lot of that was directly related to work. I just felt the blood rush to my head and i just burst out in tears and was sobbing loudly as if it exploded from me. I couldn't take anymore bull# from people because I don't dish bul# TO people. I wanted to die. I started breathing heavy because I couldn't catch my breath but suddenly a calm came over me and it's as if someone had put their arms around me, i started calming down... it was cold outside. i was still very upset but i knew i was going to be able to keep it together because of some comfort i cannot explain.

Several months later things got bad again because i had lost my job and my parents were about to lose their house and I could not help them because i had no money and i was very angry about all this. Someone on the net had started talking to me and i thought they were a nice person and although they never said they didn't want to talk to me, they just became very cold and I've gotten this behavior a lot from people who guard their emotions and turn me into a foe rather than a friend because they seem to be a afraid of something and i get tired of being the one who takes the # for it... and one night i got very sad, lonely and frustrated because it seemed that none of this was ever going to end... and then this sensation came back. I can't explain it. It is just a calm peace that washes over me as though it is literally tending to me. I sometimes have strange related dreams, some things might vary but it's distinct... yet it doesn't always come over me quickly like that, making me calm very fast almost like a drug. Lately it has been more level and i feel i identify it better and yes, i think it's a spirit and I think it is directly connected to happiness in my life and also that it helps stabilize my brain chemicals.

It's important to have love in your life. Even if you're alone you can still reach for love if you can do nothing else because God is love. People may not have real love in their life and it may make them feel unable to help themselves, but they can ask God for help and if they don't feel God, they can reach for goodness and peace and keep making those choices. Lot's of things can drag you down but nothing like bad vibes and the feeling of being cut off from love and your deeper spirituality. There's no meaning to the upkeep of any of this without compassion of the heart's desire and the spirits quest.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by navione

I am open to everything and will keep searching until I find something that I feel I can believe in..

Thanks everyone

This will sound a bit corny, but start believing in your SELF

If you don't know what that SELF is then start meditating every day. That is really the only way you can find peace within - Go inward. Try and listen to the space between breaths. Go to Nature. Whatever it takes.

The books, music, videos etc are useful, but they are only meant to be something to reference on your journey to SELF - they are NOT the absolute truth.

Find your Truth and live it.

Peace to You

* Ned

PS - And remember to have a laugh now and again. Plenty of threads here on ATS to help.
edit on 1-9-2012 by nimbinned because: just because

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I wanna thank everyone for there advice. I keep pushing thru reguardless I have my children to care for so as much as I wanna shut down and go into a shell . I make sure to get up and do what I need to do.

I think one of the hardest parts for me is that everyone always seen me as the tough one .. My sisters are older then me but I have always taken care and protected them. My aunts are elderly and I try to take care of them.
I really have no one that I feel comfortable enough with to unload my burdens or worry.

I have been a member here for a few years and as many of times I was tempted to post how I was feeling it was not until now that I raised the nerve to do so.

Thanks you again everyone

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I would like to keep this thread going . Maybe hear from some people that have not voiced there opinion or advice.

I really am open to anything so please if you got something that may help me please spitting out

Thanks again

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by IZ always makes me happy

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

I would like to keep this thread going . Maybe hear from some people that have not voiced there opinion or advice. I really am open to anything so please if you got something that may help me please spitting out Thanks again

If I were you, I would study everything I can about Nonduality, which includes info about stilling the mind and all things that have to do with reaching enlightenment. In Particular is Nisargadatta, Ramana Maharshi, anything on the mind by alan watts, A.H. Almass, and Anandi.

On a very simple level, the mind creates life's drama and superimposes feelings, ups, and downs, over a reality which is inherently neutral and devoid of any of that. So if you study and understand the material above, you can get your "experience" that others have had and you will shift out of the "mind mode" and will remain as observer.

At the same time, Church and christian mystical studies are good and help to keep things in perspective as well. My 2 biggest experiences came 1. A few weeks after getting rebaptized in my early 20's, and 2. after wrestling with a zen koan for 10-15 minutes.

And last and not least, I think there is a reason why the average joe is kept to under 90-100 years of life here. It can definitely take its toll on you. However it goes SOOOOooooooo Fast. I'm right there with you. All the responsibilities and roles that have to be played endlessly that makes it feel like groundhogs day sometimes.

I have found the search for Enlightenment to be the only satiable product in this realm giving one contentness, Love, compassion, and most importantly added strength to weather the storms

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Agreed with others on this thread. You need to admit to yourself that you REQUIRE an off switch and replace your focus with carefully selected music.

It's second place to employing that same off switch to the world and enveloping yourself with the Presence. That produces a cleansing reset.

Don't allow the pressures of others and what you've learned during your upbringing dissuade you from turning off your spouse, children, parents, job, anything and everything of this world. It's not wrong to do that.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I read philosophy and theology. I enjoy them both and find comfort in both.

Here is a link to a simple explanation of the fundamentals of Buddhism. It's short so read it before you knock it. It's a good read.

The word of Buddha

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

i dont believe any one religion is right, they have been to influenced by man/woman for there own gain (power)
i do believe there is a god, spirits ect but i believe that faith and a relationship with the source is unique to each individual...a personal relationship with god.

i would recommend doing a little online research on various religions find similarities and what you FEEL connects and applies with you.

i would also read the conversation with god books by Neale Donald Walsch

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

No NAA, the first line was directed to the OP. I used your post as a gauge of reference to offer my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I lean on Christ and make myself smile at random parts of the day...smile for several minutes....the same endorphins are released in the brain be it a real smile or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oopsie.

Delete
edit on 3-9-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy
reply to post by NotAnAspie

No NAA, the first line was directed to the OP. I used your post as a gauge of reference to offer my thoughts.

The first line said brain chemicals. I mentioned brain chemicals in the post you quoted, then you went on to start asking question about things it could be and make suggestions of what it could be and since you had quoted me I didn't know if you were asking me if my experience could have anything to do with what you mentioned... so I elaborated.

I'm not sure if the reason you quoted me was because I had used the term brain chemicals and you were also planning on using the term brain chemicals or what... but I guess it really doesn't matter. Just explaining my elaboration.
edit on 2-9-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join