It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOKEN ~ When you knew?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Giving and receiving are similar to black and white.

Without white, black has no name. Without black, white has no name. In order to give, you must also receive, and vice versa. Someone had to give to you in order for you to give. You had to receive that in order to give it. You had to give in order for the next person to receive, and they had to receive it in order to give it to their friend as well.

There can be no giving without receiving There can be no receiving without giving.

In this business of labeling, dividing, uniting and conquering, we have forgotten that it takes one to be the other, and that neither can exist without the fire. Without water, that fire has no wood to feed it. Without the fire of the sun, the water has no way to go into the sky, and then fall to nourish the plants below, giving that fire food. The axe is made from metal, which is gotten by technology, which was designed from a blueprint on paper from a tree that was felled by another axe. And that wood needs the axe, because that axe is giving the wood to other things that also need to live.

There is no giving without receiving, and no receiving without giving. This is why I have great respect for the circle, because all of life is truly one great cycle comprised of many smaller cycles and feed one another and feed from one another. That is the genius of the universe. That is the nature of the universe.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

To bad that the snippet right before the one posted says:

However, letting go of all of our desires seems to be an almost impossible task. For example, the desire to live or the desire to breathe or the desire to eat may be very difficult to give up. Perhaps it is impossible as long as we are living. Although I do not know since I have never experienced a state of no desires before, many individuals have discussed this state in the past.

From the quick scan that I gave the book, it seems that the author does what many others have done, taken a key concept, which sounds right and tried to explain it, in the process redefining it to fit into the trendy new age type rhetoric.

Seems to me that the original concept contradicts what the rest of the book is trying to get across.
edit on 2-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

The trick is to balance receiving and giving. It's a cycle. The problem is, we recognize the trouble this world is in, and we're so afraid of it, we're terrified to give for fear we'll never get it back. Our leaders have turned it into a race, which forces us to fight alongside or fall behind.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
reply to post by Unity_99

Yea I've been thinking alot about giving instead of taking.
Giving and Receiving! I actually read up on this today.
It has consumed my thoughts lately.

Its something joyful. Some people think life is about suffering and sacrifice. And hence giving is harder. But, its more like, being a child again, without all the programming, and what made you happy, and discovering your talents, and making others happy, win/win/win/win/win's, kind of thing, from a pocketful of joy, and abundance.

Also its alot harder to look at ones life when your feet are stuck in lead shoes and walking through quicksand, and that is what this entire world feels like to me. But when you find joy, birdsong, hugs, laughter, fun, in the moment and dong what you love to do, and meditate, get some O2 in ,and binaurals, or whales and dolphins, a little ho onoponopono, music, dance, nature, good company, and then look at problems from a higher plane, living as if, you are anew, planning anew. Dreaming it up, and then looking from this state, you can often see right to the lesson, and have alot of compassion for yourself and all others on the journey.

Its not supposed to be so hard, but come from our hearts, and sometimes our hearts are so overburdened here, that we need to take a little R & R and raise frequency to joy.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I disagree. The concept of transcendence is reaching the understanding that loving or hating, giving or receiving or choosing between one thing or another doesn't matter. If someone thinks that it does, then they have not transcended and therefore are not awake, at least not in accordance to that concept.

Quoting the concept and then using the term to describe something different only makes people think they have accomplished something that they have not.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The concept of transcendence is reaching the understanding that loving or hating, giving or receiving or choosing between one thing or another doesn't matter. If someone thinks that it does, then they have not transcended and therefore are not awake, at least not in accordance to that concept.

Sounds like your concept of transcendence means being an apathetic douche bag.

Do not care about anyone or anything. Do nothing and congratulations you've transcended.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
Sounds like your concept of transcendence means being an apathetic douche bag.

Do not care about anyone or anything. Do nothing and congratulations you've transcended.

It's not my concept, it is the concept presented in the book. It then takes that label and tries to place it on something completely different.

I happen to agree with it, but that doesn't make it mine or change what it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Then nothing matters?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by leolady
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I am hesitant to believe in such things without some kind of proof that exists outside of anecdotes.

But how does someone record such a thing when it usually is a personal experience that leads them to believe they have woken? Shall we all keep a video recorder ( i still have never owned one) by our side to record this? What would we record? How will this video recorder track what is going on inside that persons head when they come to this realization? lol silly

It is silly to expect evidence for extraordinary claims?

No, but even extraordinary evidence isn't sufficient to overcome all manner of close-minded assumptions born of a contemptuous bias prior to investigation.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Then nothing matters?

The video is basically a take on the theme that there are no atheists in the foxholes.

Just saying nothing matters is taking the concept out of context. The problem here is that the context can have many variables. Maybe we can take some of these and view what "nothing matters" means in each.

This first is the materialist view. This is the simplest. The physical reality is all there is and when you're gone you're gone. Doesn't matter how good are bad you were. How much joy or pain you brought to the world doesn't matter.

There are those who believe that this planet is a form of school or training ground for spiritual beings (humans) to experience the physical state. This would imply that things are being managed on a higher level and that all the things that happen are planned. This would include all the small pleasures, small disappointments, great pleasures and great pains.

In this case nothing matters because it's all part of the plan. It's like a play and everyone has a part to play. Even the scum of the earth.

There are those who believe that it is a test. After the test you are judged and rewarded or punished.

In this case nothing matters because each person will be held accountable for his actions and each will get what he deserves. This example also includes an all powerful being who can set the world back to tip top shape so whatever state the present inhabitants leave it in also doesn't matter.

These, of course, are examples of situations where, if true, specific things don't matter. If any of these happen to be the truth and someone was able to "awaken" and realize that that is how it is. I can see why they would reach the conclusion that nothing matters.

This doesn't mean that they would become apathetic. They would just know that choosing one course of action over the other doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

edit on 3-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

There are those who believe that this planet is a form of school or training ground for spiritual beings (humans) to experience the physical state. This would imply that things are being managed on a higher level and that all the things that happen are planned. This would include all the small pleasures, small disappointments, great pleasures and great pains.

In this case nothing matters because it's all part of the plan. It's like a play and everyone has a part to play. Even the scum of the earth.

There are those who believe that it is a test. After the test you are judged and rewarded or punished.

In this case nothing matters because each person will be held accountable for his actions and each will get what he deserves. This example also includes an all powerful being who can set the world back to tip top shape so whatever state the present inhabitants leave it in also doesn't matter.

Its not quite like that. And yes even the "scum" count very much.

Imagine a system of school, and the one who is hard on us, who grades and judges us, is OUR OWN SOULS. Family is Loving and Forgiving, and yet we all vibrate on frequencies that are different, different from moment to moment.

We're certainly not here to experience what being in matter means, for most souls don't want to do this kind of thing. Its to show what we're made of and ASSIST OUR SOULS in finding the weak spots so we can improve, because we always want to improve.

No one is just playing their role, negatives are off track, they are distorted and turning insane and need a helping hand and love because we really are FAMILY, and we care about others very much too.

Its interactive, and in the now and gift to your soul to improve and a chance to try and be Kind, Loving and a Hero in this, to turn things around.

It's like a glass of water, one can see it empty or full, one can see this negative or strive to try and see the positive and transform ourselves and strive to make our interactions with others positive.

Everyone does this at their own rate, some slide down a bit and need to relearn things.

Harm really harms people, and our souls are ashamed at doing things to hurt others, and should be. So the process can take longer, and anyone that can help someone in a dark moment or boost their recovery, being in the right moment at the right time, its important. Its not some rigid harsh judge up there, but our soul saying, why didn't I pay attention to those around me, or even worse?

Everyone makes it out eventually, every single person.

By the way I don't like this world and feel there are far better ways to learn than this kind of negative environment but for some its tough love ideas, they seem to be willing to embrace, in a wide open learning scape universe souls grouped up in frequency.

Now the thing is, why do things in a negative way, why not overcome the things that need working on and repair the relationships around us, for striving to make others happy enriches us enormously.

And if everyone did this, the world would lift up to a higher level in the twinkling of an eye, with a huge celebration.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

This brings us back to the question at hand. Does anything really matter?

If your statement is true, then that means that there are some slow learners and regardless of what you say or do, they will have to go at it, again and again, until they get it.

That is outside of your control and if reality is as you say, then it wouldn't surprise me if those that are awake come to understand this and choose to express it as, "nothing matters".

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Maybe realizing that "nothing matters" is what sets us free. The weight lifts and we are then able to fly high. Free to focus on giving to others or whatever.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Some 'thing' cannot appear without the no thing.
The no thing is what you are. The some 'thing' is what you are seeing. The some 'thing' is an illusion, it is Leela/Maya - the play of existence.
Really there is nothing appearing as form - this is nothing happening.

Emptiness is form;
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There is just nothing;
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

This brings us back to the question at hand. Does anything really matter?

If your statement is true, then that means that there are some slow learners and regardless of what you say or do, they will have to go at it, again and again, until they get it.

That is outside of your control and if reality is as you say, then it wouldn't surprise me if those that are awake come to understand this and choose to express it as, "nothing matters".

YEAH! We absolutely Love each other on the other side. Everyone cares so deeply. In infinite progression, as we overcome all apathy, and anger, bloodlust here, all that tarnishes the diamond of our soul, to shine clear, we see more, feel infinitely more Love, more colors exist that you can shake a stick, its more expanding always to more.

You sound like you're cut off from your heart and emotional center, as if things are going flat. In the Gospel, and in the gnostic Gospel of Thomas, we're told that a suckling baby and a small child is closer to heaven. We're to peel off the layers of mud here, the distortions, the learning, the media, the world, the programs, and touch base with our inner soul stone, and the heart, mind of a child delighted with the world around, where only Kindness and Love makes them happy, and everyone around them is appreciated and loved.

We come from a place so wonderful that those with NDE's forgot most of it, for if they didn't they could never stay here, and the Spirit of Love connects everyone.

We all need a Love and Light bath of goodness, and unfog the window screen, to see, Love and Goodness and help mend it where its hiding in Fear.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

YEAH! We absolutely Love each other on the other side. Everyone cares so deeply. In infinite progression, as we overcome all apathy, and anger, bloodlust here, all that tarnishes the diamond of our soul, to shine clear, we see more, feel infinitely more Love, more colors exist that you can shake a stick, its more expanding always to more.

This is a total contradiction. If things are so great on the other side why doesn't everyone stay over there and just infinitely progress?

You sound like you're cut off from your heart and emotional center, as if things are going flat.

Not at all.

We come from a place so wonderful that those with NDE's forgot most of it, for if they didn't they could never stay here, and the Spirit of Love connects everyone.

We all need a Love and Light bath of goodness, and unfog the window screen, to see, Love and Goodness and help mend it where its hiding in Fear.

If what you say is true then everyone has forgotten all of it or we wouldn't be here. So, what is the point of being here? It can't be to learn to love, give and be bearers of light, since you claim that that is what we do on the other side so, obviously we already know how to do that.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This is a total contradiction. If things are so great on the other side why doesn't everyone stay over there and just infinitely progress?

Some do. We don't have to progress this way. Not everyone falls. I don't mean that in the religious sense, but frequency. We spread our wings and learn, to grow up as ourselves, become ourselves and a gift to others too.

in a wide open cosmology of infinite realms, the many mansions mentioned in the bible, by Christ, some fall, some don't.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Some do. We don't have to progress this way. Not everyone falls. I don't mean that in the religious sense, but frequency. We spread our wings and learn, to grow up as ourselves, become ourselves and a gift to others too.

So now it is a slip? How could someone in such a great place, with a clear view of reality, fall? And yet you expect us to believe that someone, who's memory of said place has been blocked and with a veil placed between reality and their eyes, will rise if they can just get around to squeegeeing their third eye?

Sorry, but that doesn't sound logical at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join