It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOKEN ~ When you knew?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
So perhaps that might be the next level of being "woken" ?

I wouldn't call it that. If you're asleep and dreaming and one dream drifts into another, you're still asleep.

Do you control your lucid dreams and OBE's ?

Not really. There's a greater range of action but, like in waking life, it's usually just my interaction that is under my control.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure what exactly woken is pertaining to, because one can awake to different things.

let's say... the UFO reality

or perhaps... media propaganda

or maybe... the ongoing murders called war

I think people awake to things at different times. Even those who consider themselves awake NOW could awaken to yet another new realization.

I remember when I stopped being terrified of ETs and realized that my experiences were personal, not just coincidence to drive me crazy. It came after doing something stupid and scaring myself while seeking answers for why a certain jerk had directed his attention to me as one of his compadres would not stop talking about aliens and I saw a certain picture and then I had a vision in my room... oh, and I peed on myself.

Ok, it might be a little more complicated than that but it is directly tied to looking desperately most of my life for a genuine person, which has been long and complicated and I can't explain all this in one post but I can tell you that it doesn't involve taking the easy answers in life.

And then on a later occasion after doing some more silly things I scared myself and realized that if you think killing in the name of God makes any lick of sense, you just don't get it. If you can watch people on TV running around screaming for their lives with bloodied limbs and think this is just how it goes for some people, you're missing one of the most important lessons in life. It's in my nature to fight and although I've never killed anyone and don't go around hurting people and screwing them over, I distinctively remember when it started hitting home to me over and over again that those who are truly great have gone to every possible extent and are still going the distance to choose peace over any other option.

There's other things I've awoken to but I think that's enough for now.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

From that day on I became more psychic, a better healer, much more empathic and able to sense when someone needed to make a connection in some way.
reply to post by Thermo Klein

When you say you were able to sense when someone needed to make a connection, what do you mean? Are you referring to someone looking to be woken? Or just someone needing to connect with another person for whatever reason?

Other things happened as well but I might be deemed a little off if I shared them lol

Well I would listen to them without judging you...but i respect your decision to not discuss this further

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Hopefully, as the thread evolves, you will find what you are looking for; that answer that clicks with your own perception of things, even if it still is somewhat different than your own.

By reading everyone's responses it appears that it is different for everyone. No ones experience is the same.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

So you believe its a multitude of things that will happen through out a persons life and they awaken in different ways and on different levels at these different times

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It is my belief that I've always been awake, however I didn't realise what it meant until I was about 10 years old and even then it took me a couple of years to understand that the way I see the world and everything within it is different from most folks. My whole life I've lived by the saying "Things look different if you stand on your head" I don't know if I made this up myself or if I plagiarised it from another source, but to this day it is still one of the mantras that I live my life by.

The best part of being awake for me is my ability to spread situations out in my minds eye and then view them from every angle (or you could call it metaphorically standing on my head), like an internal mindmap really and then knowing without a doubt that the course of action which I chose to follow is the right one for that situation. This has not only served me well personally and spiritually, but also professionally because I was able to see the bigger picture more readily.

The only down side about being awake for me is the nightmares. I'm not 100% sure that being awake causes them, but it makes sense to me because a lot of my nightmares involve me being able to see things that other people can't and I can't convince anyone that I'm telling the truth...kinda like when we have to deal with the habitual debunkers here on ATS that just can't help but force their views on others, even when said views aren't valid/appropriate.

Another thing I've always been able to do is NLP. Even before the term was coined and the discipline was invented. As a result, I've always been good with people and I've always been able to control most situations to a greater extent than those around me.

Sorry to ramble on, I'm having a bit of a fuzzy day today because of a very real nightmare I've not long woken up from.

Rev

edit on 1/9/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
For me it was when I was listening to someone speak, and knowing what they were thinking, and worse, answering what they were thinking and not what they said, and even worse, not being able to control it. It was like I was an itty bitty thing cowering at the back of my head looking out at the world, and someone else was operating my body. It was unpleasant, had consequences and destroyed my world. So hey, let's all try to wake up shall we?
It all came out right, but you asked about when we first knew..............

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

The best part of being awake for me is my ability to spread situations out in my minds eye and then view them from every angle (or you could call it metaphorically standing on my head), like an internal mindmap really and then knowing without a doubt that the course of action which I chose to follow is the right one for that situation. This has not only served me well personally and spiritually, but also professionally because I was able to see the bigger picture more readily.

Gosh, i wish I could do this. I don't seem to ever know without a doubt. Or perhaps I've always known but am not willing to take the step out of fear or of letting go of things...things that really aren't at all important.

Sorry to ramble on, I'm having a bit of a fuzzy day today because of a very real nightmare I've not long woken up from.

Your not rambling, I asked b/c I wanted to hear what anyone, everyone has to say. So thank you for chiming in.
So what is the "nightmare" your referring to?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

It was unpleasant, had consequences and destroyed my world. So hey, let's all try to wake up shall we? It all came out right, but you asked about when we first knew..............

So you had to go through some rough things before you were ok with it, accepted it? Sounds like it is a learning process... even though alot of folks on here state they had a sudden realization in their experience one day...As if their very own private little tinker bell rang inside their head one day... and they woke up. But that what comes after appears to be gradual and changing.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I do feel that I'm blessed because of my "abilities" however I'm also cursed because I've been forced to live a violent life where every day of my younger years was a fight for survival filled with shame and humiliation.

My nightmares can be about anything, be it about something from my childhood or something that's weighing on my mind, but they're all very dark and violent. I also have a recurring event in my dreams where I misplace my glasses and cannot see properly, which makes whatever is happening more difficult to deal with.

All that said, I wouldn't swap the nightmares or my experiences for anything, because they have made me in to the man I am today and while I'm not a perfect specimen of a well balanced human being, I am stronger than most.

Rev

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Yes, there was no tinker bell for me.
I fell into a rabbit hole and using the tools I had learned on the way to waking up, crawled out. Being in the rabbit hole was more nightmare than anything. I could not trust what might come out of my mouth, so I had to stop speaking. My awake self basically had to gain control over my asleep self, if that makes any kind of sense. It got worse before it got better and there were some reprieves in there too. I did not know these things I speak of then. Then all I knew was I was nuts. Questioning my sanity did not help and led eventually to a complete shut down.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I do feel that I'm blessed because of my "abilities" however I'm also cursed because I've been forced to live a violent life where every day of my younger years was a fight for survival filled with shame and humiliation.

So if you don't mind my asking what kind of violence were you forced into?

I read a bit on NLP, as I had never heard of this before. You say you practice this? It sounds like it is a combination of listening to someone speak as well as watch their sub-conscious mannerisms, body language to learn about them. Then you sway the person into a more positive thought process on issues they may be having and try to sway them into positive outcomes or changes. Do I understand this correctly? It sounds like psychology to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

It was sexual abuse, gang rape and beatings that shaped me in to the man I am today. I was also trained to groom other potential victims, which thankfully, I never had to do...though the beatings I got for my refusals were so bad that I contemplated turning to the darker side of my psyche and doing as they asked. I'm thankful every day for the strength that I was able to find to keep me from hurting other children in the name of my abusers.

NLP can be a useful tool for many things. What I've always been able to do is tweak situations and control peoples moods, desires, decisions, etc without them realising what I'm doing. I also naturally use an old conman trick called cold reading to assess people in a glance. And the combination of those skills often made me sound like a mind reader to most, which would freak people out a wee bit.

Over the past 5 years, I've noticed myself using my "abilities" for darker purposes and as such I've been locking myself away from the world, so that I don't hurt anyone. The frightening thing is that nowadays, destroying a person on a psychological level is as natural for me as breathing and as such I now spend my life keeping myself in check, which is easier now that I've moved to the arse end of nowhere and don't have many interactions with people.

Rev

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So you believe it happens when we spiritually connect to God or the higher realms?

But what if it happens to someone who does not do this?

Then they are simply on the way to connecting. The sheep know His voice. Understanding that voice is yet another journey. Go back and read my threads. You can also follow the link in my signature, but many of the new threads are have not found their way to articles yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I am sorry for the painful things you have gone through.

I don't know if I believe someone can control another in the manners you refer to?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Like I said, my experiences have made me the man I am today, and while I would never wish the life I've been forced to live on another soul, I wouldn't swap it for anything.

It's much easier to manipulate people than you'd think. I find that people who claim to be of above average intelligence are the easiest to manipulate because they believe that they're too smart to allow such things to happen to them, which of course they're not. It's all about finding the right approach and then being dynamic enough to change said approach mid-con/manipulation. My core abuser was a proper old style conman who was like an evil version of the bloke in the TV show The Mentalist, so I learned a lot about how people work in the "lessons" he forced upon me while teaching me how to groom other children.

Rev

edit on 1/9/2012 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
yeah, you/we may be awake, but do you/we understand WHY?

what good is it to know things without action?-- action is impossible without understanding.

knowing IS only half the battle. Whats the rest?.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When you 'wake up' life feels easy, it just flows smoothly and nothing is wrong anymore. Everything is happening just as it should.
You hear children laughing and birds singing and everything is crystal clear. Flowers and tress stop you in the street with their beauty and striking colours, absolutely stunning.
When the mind shuts up paradise is unvieled.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I like your explanation, it reminds me of the first time I ate some magical fungi.

Rev

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think true awakening is when you realize that the questions that matter to your being you've had the answers to all along..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join