It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOKEN ~ When you knew?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
First and foremost please do forgive me if this post has already been...well... posted before. lol
Seems i tend to break the rules frequently so if that be the case I do so eloquently apologize.
I've just been having thoughts of such matters and wanted to express them here.. so be it.

WOKEN... When you knew?

Do you just roll out of bed one day, stand up, stretch, yawn and say yep.. I've "A" Woken. I'm Awake ! Yippy!!!

Or is it when you realize you do care.. but really no longer care about the things that meant so much and seamed so important to ya before?

Is it when you realize all the materialistic crapolla in your life means nothing... it never really makes you happy.

Is it when you have been angry or sad for so long and then one day... you realize it isn't worth it? That your better off bringing happiness to others than sitting around sulking in misery?

Does it take a life changing event to make you think long and hard about it?

Is it when you realize that no matter what... you are going to make it, and everything is going to be all-right?

Or when you realized you are a tiny little speck of importance in everything.. that there are signs all around you pointing and pushing you toward the right way.. and you were finally willing to take little peak through that wormhole...

Tell me when you knew? When was the tipping point for you?

Or is it just over imagination... a wanting to be "if you will" Or A grand illumination of contorts?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

It happens when you connect this:

Acts 17
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

To This: TRUTH

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Anybody who claims to be "awake" is probably the one who is most "asleep".

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So you believe it happens when we spiritually connect to God or the higher realms?

But what if it happens to someone who does not do this?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

So in your eyes it is : just over imagination... a wanting to be "if you will" Or A grand illumination of contorts?

But then why do so many people claim to of had this experience or something of this nature? What so profound has happened for them to exclaim such a thing?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
is it the ability to type something anonymously on the internet.

ahh i completly forgot what the op was about, i had a really good argument too.
bahh.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
is it the ability to type something anonymously on the internet.

ahh i completly forgot what the op was about, i had a really good argument too.
bahh.

is it the ability to type something anonymously on the internet: LOL, perhaps.

Lets hear it... get it out

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

For me it happened when I found myself looking down at my sleeping self, did a 180º and went out to explore.

I think that everything else fits into the last option. Sounds nice and people like that it sounds nice.
edit on 31-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady

So in your eyes it is : just over imagination... a wanting to be "if you will" Or A grand illumination of contorts?

But then why do so many people claim to of had this experience or something of this nature? What so profound has happened for them to exclaim such a thing?

If i understood your question:

I am hesitant to believe in such things without some kind of proof that exists outside of anecdotes.
edit on 31-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Are you talking about some kind of mood change, like becoming indifferent about life, leolady?

Star & Flag for an interesting topic!

edit on 31-8-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by leolady

For me it happened when I found myself looking down at my sleeping self, did a 180º and went out to explore.

That sounds amazing to me. To be able to leave the body and travel out to the other realms.

I think that everything else fits into the last option. Sounds nice and people like that it sounds nice

So it just sounds nice to say I've woken. Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I am hesitant to believe in such things without some kind of proof that exists outside of anecdotes.

But how does someone record such a thing when it usually is a personal experience that leads them to believe they have woken? Shall we all keep a video recorder ( i still have never owned one) by our side to record this? What would we record? How will this video recorder track what is going on inside that persons head when they come to this realization? lol silly

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by leolady

Are you talking about some kind of mood change, like becoming indifferent about life, leolady?

Star & Flag for an interesting topic!

edit on 31-8-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

Being indifferent means being dispassionate about the things that happen around you. Learn to be indifferent about what people say and do, but instead enjoy the show which is put on by other people without being so involved in their show. It's mind over matter, if it doesn't matter so much anymore.

yes yes... perhaps that is part of what I am referring to ... but in a good way~
edit on 31-8-2012 by leolady because: just because

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

But how does someone record such a thing when it usually is a personal experience that leads them to believe they have woken? Shall we all keep a video recorder ( i still have never owned one) by our side to record this? What would we record? How will this video recorder track what is going on inside that persons head when they come to this realization? lol silly

It is silly to expect evidence for extraordinary claims?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I suppose not.. but how would one do this? How would one support their claim in this case?

Ex. Of Conversation:

Hey there. How is your day going today? Gee I've really gota talk to you....Guess what happened to me today... I came to the realization that "blablablabla" happened to me today and I am now woken!!!!!

Ohh yea really?
Give me proof

Well... you see I wrote down everything that happened dude. Its a really good feeling you should really feel this my man. But ya know... I didn't charge my video camera so I couldn't record the expression on my face when it happened.

Reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy! oooookkkkaaaay. Whatever you say.

End Conversation....

But really being serious.... how do you provide proof?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

So it just sounds nice to say I've woken. Hmmm.

When it is just mood change then yes.

For as long as I can remember I have always been a caring, non materialistic (after childhood), happy person. Experienced the others you mentioned as well. Never felt awake because of any of them. Felt warm fuzzies and had aha moments but in comparison to lucid dreaming and OBE's they are mundane.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Not at all, especially if the person making the claim expects you to believe them.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

in comparison to lucid dreaming and OBE's they are mundane

So perhaps that might be the next level of being "woken" ?

daskakik, Do you control your lucid dreams and OBE's ?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I had a very specific moment. I had been working only 15 or so hours a week, just enough to pay rent and have a meager lifestyle. I was meditating many times a day for a total of 5-6 hours everyday (mindfulness med, mental visioning, astral travel, and Tibetan vajrayana prayers mostly).

One morning I woke up and walked outside to a beautiful warm Tucson morning and recognized I felt "something" new; like I could somehow feel "purpose" and interconnection in EVERYTHING. From that day on I became more psychic, a better healer, much more empathic and able to sense when someone needed to make a connection in some way.

Other things happened as well but I might be deemed a little off if I shared them lol

ETA:
As a side note, that was about 17 years ago and I still recognize that specific day as a major awakening point in my life.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

You will get many different answers to this one, as perception is an individual thing. Those who do not believe in things spiritual will answer this question differently than those who do. Even the different religious traditions may answer differently.

For the non-spiritual minded, I would think the answers would be somewhat like "When I started seeing the big picture." For the spiritual minded, I would think the answers would be more like "When I realized my place in the big picture (although a different big picture somewhat).

Hopefully, as the thread evolves, you will find what you are looking for; that answer that clicks with your own perception of things, even if it still is somewhat different than your own.

For me, I truly believe that it began in meditation and was more of a gradual acceptance of the big picture and my place in it. At first, it was too much to take in all at once; I had to step back, and start over with baby steps so to speak.

When it happens to you, nobody can tell you that it has or hasn't. You will know from head to toe and without the slightest doubt. At that point; you will become a new creature (to quote a favorite personal source)...

Knock knock Leo...

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join