It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retreat! Government shuts Arpaio probe; no charges filed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
After all the huffing and puffing, the wolf walks away from the door.

Holder's DoJ came to realize that enforcing the laws of the U.S. Code and the State of Arizona are not criminal. What s surprise!

The government has closed a criminal probe into Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio, who styles himself "America's toughest sheriff," and no charges will be filed, the U.S. Attorney's Office said on Friday.

Government shuts probe of controversial Arizona sheriff, no charges filed

As a counterpoint to the usual DoJ "Friday Night Dump," of damaging documents under Congressional oversight, Eric Holder's DoJ quietlt abandons its persecution of state law enforcement doing nothing more than applying stae and federal law s they were written.

Arpaio and his deputies have been under investigation by the U.S. Justice Department since 2008. Last December, the department said he and his office violated U.S. civil rights laws by engaging in racial profiling of Latinos and making unlawful arrests in their bid to crack down on illegal immigrants.

Is this a sign of a turning point in Holder's relentless atacks upon States' Rights and republican government?

hw

edit on 31-8-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Is this a sign of a turning point in Holder's relentless atacks upon States' Rights and republican government?

Or Arpaio could have some good stuff on either Holder (F&F) or Obama (BC) or both a'la J Edgar (of which I think Arpaio is a mini Hoover on many levels.)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Or maybe its as simple as.

Stop doing the stuff that's not legal.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And when is that ever the case, Im just saying I dont know the feds to do the right thing.
edit on 31-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Annee

And when is that ever the case, Im just saying I dont know the feds to do the right thing.

Oh I dunno.

I've been following the Arpaio thing for about 20 years.

I don't think we're done yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Oh I dunno.

I've been following the Arpaio thing for about 20 years.

I don't think we're done yet.

That's right. Remember it took several investigations and trials to finally put Edwin Edwards the ex-gov of Louisiana away for corruption.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So your also unfortunate enough to live in Joe's county?
I honestly dont know what everyone's problem is, I've never had 1 single problem with Phoenix pd or the Maricopa sheriffs department. God forbid some of these people ever had to live a week up north. (and when i say north I dont mean flagstaff)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

So your also unfortunate enough to live in Joe's county?
I honestly dont know what everyone's problem is, I've never had 1 single problem with Phoenix pd or the Maricopa sheriffs department. God forbid some of these people ever had to live a week up north. (and when i say north I dont mean flagstaff)

I'm not in his district - - but I am in AZ. The Arpaio saga has been going on in local papers long before the rest of the world knew anything about it.

I just don't think anything is here but an arrogant "old boy" Arizonian annoyance. I think its about avoiding distraction during campaigning. I don't think its been permanently put to rest.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

In in Maricopa, I'm leaving Phoenix soon though thank god, the meth heads are out of control.
My view on Joe? A big ole show boat with sails full of extremely hot air.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

In in Maricopa, I'm leaving Phoenix soon though thank god, the meth heads are out of control.

The meth heads are out of control everywhere.

Someone one's told me: "If you think the #1 export of Oklahoma is whiskey -- you're in denial".

"Outsiders" don't understand most of Arizona is agriculture. Native Americans and those of Mexican descent ARE the majority in Arizona. Whitey's like me are the minority.

They also seem to forget we also have a northern border. And now with the crackdown on the southern border - - they're coming by water on the east and west coast.

Seems to me people find someone to focus on and take sides.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Your views notwithstanding, "hot air" is not illegal. Overall, Joe Arpaio is a politician, not a policeman.

People lose sight of the facts when their emotions take over, and they fail to see the political chess game.

jw

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

What?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

The thread is about the Department of Justice of the United States of America dropping all charges and abandoning its prosecution of Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

You are free to move about the country ... .

jw

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

What?

I'll second that.

What?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Or Arpaio could have some good stuff on either Holder (F&F) or Obama (BC) or both a'la J Edgar (of which I think Arpaio is a mini Hoover on many levels.)

Could be. Personally I thought that the DOJ would find something, even if they had to make stuff up. It also could be that there was nothing to find and they were afraid that Arpaio would make them look like fools if they tried to make something up.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Could be. Personally I thought that the DOJ would find something, even if they had to make stuff up. It also could be that there was nothing to find and they were afraid that Arpaio would make them look like fools if they tried to make something up.

Trust me, there is plenty to find on the dude. He is slimy and unethical as all get out.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Trust me, there is plenty to find on the dude. He is slimy and unethical as all get out.

Yeah - - I think they're just buying time and avoiding distraction during the elections.

Expect something to come up later.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but you've offered nothing more than that.
The DoJ at least pretended to look for evidence.
You didn't evem bother to pretend.

jw

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yeah - - I think they're just buying time and avoiding distraction during the elections.

Like Holder's indictment?

That would change things, later.

jw

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Annee

Like Holder's indictment?

That would change things, later.

Never followed Holder.

Don't know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join