It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Cops Body Slam Nurse To The Ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

LA Cops Body Slam Nurse To The Ground

www.cnn.com

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating two officers who were allegedly caught on surveillance camera slamming a nurse on the ground twice — and then fist bumping afterward — during a recent traffic stop.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nydailynews.com
latimesblogs.latimes.com[ editby]edit on 31-8-2012 by moonzoo7 because: trying to add more content

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here we go again....I really can't use the language that I want to use to desrcribe these cops. This is another example of why the citizens should be taking action to curtail the Paramiltary Mind-set of police departments across the nation.

Why aren't these guys being arrested and thrown in jail? They should be tried, and if convicted, sent straight to General Poulation. They deserve no less. These kinds of acts by the people who are supposed to "Protect and Serve" their communities sickens me.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

A Los Angeles police commissioner said he wants to examine recent videotaped altercations involving LAPD officers, including one in which a woman died.

But the most serious incident came to light late Thursday, when LAPD officials revealed that a woman had died during a violent confrontation in July outside her home. Police said the woman had come to a police station to drop off her children and that police returned to her South L.A. home to arrest her on suspicion of child endangerment.

editby]edit on 31-8-2012 by moonzoo7 because: Deleted some content, added some content

edit on 31-8-2012 by moonzoo7 because: Properly added link

edit on 31-8-2012 by moonzoo7 because: cleaned up my mess

edit on 31-8-2012 by moonzoo7 because: blah blah blah

In all fairness, the story states that the woman who was killed was being aggressive, and an admitted drug addict. However, the police are supposed to be trained to be able to handle these types of encounters. What about tasers? Mace? Allegedly one of the officers ( a female no less ) stomped on the woman's head. Sorry, but in my book, that's attempted murder, not restraining a suspect. My point is that the police need to be brought under control, trained properly, and arrested and tried as the criminals if they themselves commit a crime.
And befor any troills jump in, my father was a police officer, and I know what good police work is compared to this type of Paramilitary Bullying that we're seeing more and more of.[
edit on 31-8-2012 by moonzoo7 because: Cleaning up the post

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm afraid the lady was wrong on this one. I'm all for keeping cops in check, but...

She was on her cell phone (reason for stop) she gets out of her car, and by her own admission starts swearing at the cops and making a scene. She resisted them and was viewed as a threat, so they took her down and cuffed her.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien
I'm afraid the lady was wrong on this one. I'm all for keeping cops in check, but...

She was on her cell phone (reason for stop) she gets out of her car, and by her own admission starts swearing at the cops and making a scene. She resisted them and was viewed as a threat, so they took her down and cuffed her.

they slammed her after she was cuffed and detained, period. This makes them P%ss*#$ of the highest order. They retaliated by slamming her. Once they have her physically in control, they are directly responsible for her safety. Did you watch the video?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7

Did you watch the video?

No, I always just post without watching the videos or reading the stories.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Did you watch the video?

That is apparent.

Once a person is arrested or apprehended the officers are fully responsible for their well being, well, at least they used to be. The reason is because the person is in custody and has their hands secured behind their backs. They can be injured in many ways since they can't catch themselves if they fall or may hit their heads when flopping down into a car (which is why police typically guide a persons head with their hand as they put them in the back seat).

If a person fell on their face while handcuffed that office3r would be in big trouble, back in my day as a peace officer. If an officer forcibly slammed someone into the ground who was handcuffed, again back in my day, they would have been suspended pending trial.

There is absolutely no cause to EVER assault a handcuffed person. There is absolutely nothing they can do to hurt you or to escape (tie your hands behind your back and try to run). There is nothing that justifies what this officer (for now) did. He should be tried and jailed.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The woman can no longer be considered a viable threat once she is hand cuffed and placed against the police car. That was a blatant case of retaliation and police brutality.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Where does it say in Americian law that police are permitted to assult those they have sworn to serve?

However reasonable force is defined it cannot extend into the area of assult.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Things like this are the reason that so many people dont like the police. If i did this to another I would be on trial for assault, being a police officer doesnt make you above the law you are suppossed to enforce.

I saw one poster said that it was her fault because she got out and started cursing at the police. My reaction is so F-ing what? I am aloud to cuss if I want, cussing at the police is not a crime. If someone cusses at me and i assault them, I get an assault charge. Sticks and stones and all that.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is despicable conduct on the part of the officers and, of course, the department will investigate.

On a side note, I couldn't help but notice the terms used to describe the woman. The Daily News describes her as "registered nurse" and a "married mom". In the video, apparently from a local news station, she is described as a "34 year old mother" and a "mother to a toddler and a registered nurse".

I agree the conduct of the officers was out of bounds, but the fact that the woman is a nurse, married and has a child has absolutely nothing to do with what's being reported. Pretty obvious sympathy play on the part of the reporters.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Did you watch the video?

and that would make you ..

a troll..

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

oh gee..

the requested video is ..

not

available ..

new topics

top topics

active topics