It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

[US]Tell me why our over seas agenda is so bad.

page: 1
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You guys are all set against our agenda, give me reasons why we do more harm then good. I really believe we do try and help and because we police, everyone looks at us bad, but the world is a better place with us here possibly. I say that, because somebody needs to step up and maintain order in such a young planet. It's like the early earth. You have the few who have matured and the few young with deadly weapons who need to be controlled[Iran], but hell, we keep everyone in check so far. And seriously people, nobody should fear a US invasion unless your harming your own people.

Bring it on.
edit on 31-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
world is far worse due your countries mass murder for profit ... only thing u.s brings the world is pain ... destruction.. death... oppression and tyranny ...



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Mass murder for profit? Let me guess your saying Iraq? You do understand Sadam killed and raped people for absolutely no reason? You do realize we are heroes for saving that country from becoming a current day Iran.

Your next argument would be oil. We hold the largest reserves of oil here in America. Also, Iraq, has bids for their oil fields from other countries like Russia and ect, we get minimal oil from their.

Now say your argument.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
How about you explain to us how you figure Iran to be the end all of all evils and a country that your great amerika needs to hold down and control because as has been previously posted here the list of countries your dear amerika has attacked and then the list of zero countries Iran has attacked. But I'm pretty sure you have an answer to supply from the great MSM that trumpets your countries ignorance everywhere???



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn
 


I wonder who it was that supplied Saddam with weapons for him to carry out acts of murder?

Surely not America...


Your foreign policy sucks...Just face it.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sure we make mistakes, we didn't know it at the time. Just like all you other countries are so perfect. Yet when your government goes to hell, and the people are fighting for a new government, luckily the ones you have had United States backing. At least we fixed our mistakes with mostly our own blood. It's so sad your hatred for America, but I guess everybody likes the underdogs huh?



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
How about you explain to us how you figure Iran to be the end all of all evils and a country that your great amerika needs to hold down and control because as has been previously posted here the list of countries your dear amerika has attacked and then the list of zero countries Iran has attacked. But I'm pretty sure you have an answer to supply from the great MSM that trumpets your countries ignorance everywhere???


I will silence by saying Iran houses terrorists and that's a major security problem for us mostly, but even more for stability for the world. Iran hasn't attacked anybody cause they have no chance of winning without nuclear weapons, their just "POSSIBLY" waiting.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn
 


What the hell are you talking about underdogs..?

This isn't a game you know.

People don't hate America because of jealousy, or whatever concocted ideas you have in that head of yours.

People hate the fact America are the most powerful country and have a chance to revolutionise the world...Yet choose to operate in a very snaky manner.

The citizens of the U.S are some of the most optimistic and awesome people (the ones I've come across anyway)...It's just your government ruining it, not only for yourselves, but the rest of the world with its bully-like tactics.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
As an American, I can say that what happens overseas.....is none of our damned business.

That's why our agenda is so bad.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Look at the country on our side, we cant even police ourselves smartly or even right. Why the # should we be an authority to police any other country?? especially one across the ocean, theres tons of older countries that way that could help a country in need if they really needed it. Ohh but thats right, these countries in 'turmoil' have so much resources we take 'they dont need it right'.

Thats the only reason any american authority is pushed in the middle east, We make money ourselves by rebuilding the # we destroy and raping what their land holds.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
textbook megalomania

lol



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If our goals were noble then the African continent would not be a patchwork of tyranny, despotism, and starvation. I am a proud American who supports all of our troops and will fight to the death to defend the honor of the brave men and women who serve or have served. But I cannot delude myself into believing that they were sent with any humanitarian agendas.

We seem to only care about human rights in nations that have oil

~Heff



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by EmperorXyn
 


What the hell are you talking about underdogs..?

This isn't a game you know.

People don't hate America because of jealousy, or whatever concocted ideas you have in that head of yours.

People hate the fact America are the most powerful country and have a chance to revolutionise the world...Yet choose to operate in a very snaky manner.

The citizens of the U.S are some of the most optimistic and awesome people (the ones I've come across anyway)...It's just your government ruining it, not only for yourselves, but the rest of the world with its bully-like tactics.


Bully Tactics? No offense, but theres reasons China and Russia isn't bullying back. They understand our intentions in secret. Somebody has to be the bully to keep everything in check. [Illustrate to my opening post, thank you]



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
As an American, I can say that what happens overseas.....is none of our damned business.

That's why our agenda is so bad.


You're totally wrong. All it takes is one wrong move to start a world war like domino effect to end EVERYTHING! IT'S OUR business!




If our goals were noble then the African continent would not be a patchwork of tyranny, despotism, and starvation. I am a proud American who supports all of our troops and will fight to the death to defend the honor of the brave men and women who serve or have served. But I cannot delude myself into believing that they were sent with any humanitarian agendas. We seem to only care about human rights in nations that have oil ~Heff


Don't worry about that Heff, I'm pretty sure China is there getting all the diamonds they can get, yet nobody brings that up. JUST hate on the United States!
edit on 31-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
Mass murder for profit? Let me guess your saying Iraq? You do understand Sadam killed and raped people for absolutely no reason? You do realize we are heroes for saving that country from becoming a current day Iran.


Saddam used murder and rape to control a people ready to explode into violence against one another over petty religious differences.

Under Saddam, people of all religions lived together without violence and women had more rights and freedom than anywhere else in the middle East. They were able to get an education and work at high paying technical jobs. Saddam had Jews and Christians working along side him in the highest levels of government.

Some say that people get the government they deserve. I say that was the case with Iraq and much of the Middle East. Once the "Iron fisted dictators" were overthrown, those countries devolved into anarchy with sectarian violence ruling the night. Today, it is not safe for Christians or Jews in much of the Middle East. Even devout Muslims must fear their neighbors killing them off in their sleep over petty sectarian differences.

The leaders they had may not have been much by our standards but, at least they kept the peace and prevented the people from killing each other.

Under the dictators, people only had to be afraid of the government if you were dumb enough to publicly dissent from them. Now that they are gone, everyone has to be afraid of everyone else killing them in their sleep or as they walk down the streets.

That is not what I would call an improvement.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn
 



You're totally wrong. All it takes is one wrong move to start a world war like domino effect to end EVERYTHING! IT'S OUR business!


If it happens it happens. We cannot control everyone and everything.

What we can control is whether or not we are the ones to start it.

edit on 31-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So are you saying Sadam was a good leader? Was it better if we left them alone? Do you think a civilized earth we want is better with him there?
edit on 31-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by EmperorXyn
 



You're totally wrong. All it takes is one wrong move to start a world war like domino effect to end EVERYTHING! IT'S OUR business!


If it happens it happens. We cannot control everyone and everything.

What we can control is whether or not we are the ones to start it.

edit on 31-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)


That's true, but we must try and help. United States is not a complete dictatorship that's the great thing. We do what we do knowing we cannot go too far but we do what we do with acceptance of other great countries.

Sorta, we will not do what absolutely other countries disagree enough to fight/hate us. It keeps even the "police" in check![

Kinda like some people complain about the police here, bad things happen sometimes, every once in a while. The consquences are much smaller to a single person to example an entire country.
edit on 31-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn
 


But just like in our personal lives, we cannot help someone that doesn't want help and we should not force our "help" onto them.

The greatest rewards in life come from the battle to achieve that reward. If it is given to you.....it was never yours.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by EmperorXyn
 


But just like in our personal lives, we cannot help someone that doesn't want help and we should not force our "help" onto them.

The greatest rewards in life come from the battle to achieve that reward. If it is given to you.....it was never yours.


That may be true to Iraq, although actually people probably did want help at that time until the Taliban started murdering everyone.

But we do help alot of countries break freedom from corrupt government and such. If it was in other countries best interest, ect, China, Russia, don't you think they would be more involved themselves?? They don't care. That's the problem!




top topics



 
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join