It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel an odd connection to any type of technology?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I dig anything with a vacuum tube in it.
Especially amplifiers.

Yeah, I'm old...

Tube amps are the only way to go.

That's one "vintage" type of technology that just can't be replicated. SS and digital preamps come close, sometimes real close, but not quite there. You just can't beat real, vintage, point to point wired tube amps. Sure, modern versions are more versatile and cleaner, but...as much as they try to replicate the "sag", organic quality and immediate response, they can't.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
this is my first post on ATS by the way, have been a lurker for a very, very long time but i believe that it is time to reveal myself (:

I find that every so often when I am texting on my cellphone, I feel my phone vibrate even though it is on silent, and as I check my phone, It lights up automatically with the text as I just receive it.

and also, I run with my cellphone as i use it as an mp3 player aswell, and i find that when i hold it i am able to push my bodies limits further as if using the energy from my phone and placing it in my body. not sure if that is willpower or just the belief that i'm able to absorb energy, it is certainly different though.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Proselyte
this is my first post on ATS by the way, have been a lurker for a very, very long time but i believe that it is time to reveal myself (:

I find that every so often when I am texting on my cellphone, I feel my phone vibrate even though it is on silent, and as I check my phone, It lights up automatically with the text as I just receive it.

and also, I run with my cellphone as i use it as an mp3 player aswell, and i find that when i hold it i am able to push my bodies limits further as if using the energy from my phone and placing it in my body. not sure if that is willpower or just the belief that i'm able to absorb energy, it is certainly different though.

Thank you for joining and replying rather than giving some sophomoric, childish response about your illustrious night with an xbox and waking up with it in your arms.

This is also a response of which ive been waiting for, as i feel the exact same things, and almost as exact as you r explanation.

Thanks, and welcome to ATS,
Mike

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know if its me or something around me but batteries have a habit of dying in my presence. Car, flashlight, cell phone, cordless land-line, you name it.

I borrowed a car while mine was getting the third battery replaced in two years. This was necessary because
the three batteries had drained so often they were shot. Well anyway I went to an appointment and when finished, you guessed it, the loaner cars battery was dead.

And don't even get me started on watches. I gave up wearing them years ago.
edit on 9/2/2012 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/2/2012 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This post actually pushed me over the edge from lurking to joining ATS!

I am a network engineer (ranging from writing code for monitoring to writing articles), I seem to have the ability to absorb knowledge about different IT subjects and technologies almost through osmosis. I am not trying to be flippant, quite a few times just after looking at an issue I know nothing about I seem to know the basics and structure of the issue. I have been known to diagnose a failed piece of hardware(Desktop, Server, Router, etc.) just by physically touching it.

I also have been able in the past to hold a battery for a few min to give it enough power to last a few days (this has come in handy when the TV remote in the bedroom dies and I can't convince my wife to get up and turn it off for me.)
edit on 2-9-2012 by TexanEngineer because: Spelling and grammar

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TexanEngineer

I wish you were my neighbor. You would come in handy with the battery thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That is very odd and i have no clue what this could possibly be. I am well versed in spiritual gifts and much of the sort, but i have not ever heard of anything close to this.

Star for breaking the lurking habit and joining to add your wonderful story.

Thanks so much for the interesting read,
Mike

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
It is not programmed to turn on at that time every night... I've looked into trying to find out why... but can't seem to find an answer. Maybe its just old.
Who knows?

On a CRT this is a good sign of the Horizontal Flyback transformer failing. Extremely common issue with Arcade Game CRT's.

Couple that with a voltage spike when your utility company is shifting line voltage around power grids and there you are. Our voltage does this twice a day like clockwork here.

Sorry I don't really have anything to add to this thread otherwise

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Sometimes I can hear the high-pitched tone that comes out of a tube television. I can even hear it over loud noises and has given me a headache.

I think it's the TPTB trying to pry open my brain....but they can't get inside.

I've had a constant faint high pitch tone in my ears for as long as I can remember (I'm 26) but for about the last couple months or so, I've had at least a few random instances of extreme volume tone of slightly lower octave to the point of pain and concentration problems.

Also in the last few months I have noticed streetlights turning off as I approach in my truck. I'm not sure if this is relevant as it seemed to be random, but I also was not keeping track of it.

In the past (say, 15 years ago and 5 years ago) I've had problems with certain electronic devices not turning off when I would press the power button. A VCR and stereo receiver at least from what I remember. Different brands, years apart, never gave anyone else who used them similar issues ever. Commands from remote were futile. Button on device itself would not respond. Unplugging was the only way to turn them off. Only happened a few times that I recall. It felt like there should have been an electric bridge from my finger to the device that was not making contact like normal. Maybe I'm over thinking things.
edit on 4-9-2012 by higherconscience because: Spelling correction.

edit on 4-9-2012 by higherconscience because: Spelling correction.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Having lurked here on and off for a while this post has pushed me to sign up.
I too have found similar things to what you describe.
I seem to be a magnet for information of a technical nature, (i have a useless head for figures, foget them in a heartbeat but that's beside the point), i have found that there is little i can not seem to fix or at least make better that isn't already so far gone its beyond help.
Couple of good cases, the gf had a mac that died shortly after she got it, since then it sat in her room doing nothing, couple of people had looked at it and got nowhere, i said i would have a fiddle and pulled the hdd out to rescue data before bolting it back together. Pressed the on button and it worked. Fired up with no faults and has worked since.
Friend brought a laptop room me to see if i could do anything with it, the thing was toast, he was a smoker and had dogs so it was caked, the hdd had failed so badly i only managed to get about 1gb in 10 off it, sometimes it even refused to bios.
After i was done it sat on a shelf for 2 years as he never picked it up, the Mrs needed a new laptop so i thought i would see if i had anything salvageable kicking about and found this old laptop. Thought what the hell ill give it a go, well i managed not only to get it working but it can now been running stable as a rock for 3 months.
I don't know what i did, haven't changed a thing, it just now works.

This doesn't stop with computers though, by trade i am a mechanic and trained engineer, not really by choice but it seems the profession chose me.
I can find faults on cars no one else can, its like i have knowledge that isn't mine or i can feel what's wrong.
One time i was a passenger in my mum's car and could almost feel that her tracking was out, when i mentioned it i was reliably informed it was fine. Until she took her hands off the wheel and it started driving to one side.
There has been countless little things over the years that on their own seem insignificant but when taken together start to seem odd.

I too get the phone thing, i often pick it up to have it go off in my hands
I also seem to be able to handle delicate electronics with no earthing, i have been in countless computers, ECUs, phones, playstations you name it without being earthed, in the last 10 years i haven't killed even 1 chip with static.

The situation seems to amuse the Mrs at least, she has taken to calling me "bicycle/car/technology Jesus" and getting me to do the lay on hands when things won't work, so at least it pleases someone.

(p.s. Forgot I blew up a radio by walking into a garage and looking at it once, there was no power to the garage either, thing just caught fine while me and a mate watched. Neither of us have an explanation for that one).
edit on 10-9-2012 by TheRecklessEngineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have an affinity for anything with Trons, from electric lights to puters. when angry i try to get away from stuff i like or send it to the lamp, light bulbs are cheap, TV's, computers not so much. Love old fashioned TV's and radios with tubes.
My car it goes cause i need it to. It has a messed up circut where you have to step on the brake in park to make it start,
some safety thing. Well that's shot so i just close my eyes no brake pedal and turn the key. Others try and it won't start, the other day my friend said i could not start the car and i think the battery is run down now you need your booster. I walked out ther did not even get in, checked the car was in P turned the key it ran. and other network things feeling like flying along the wires signals kinda thing yeah i'm weird.

Prob all just my imagination.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Hermit777 because: added

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think I have some sort of empathy with computers and the like. Whenever I'm stressed or upset about something, it seems that every tablet/phone/computer around me just starts either lagging horribly or having some kind of undiagnosticable problem.

In fact, It happened to me this morning. Over here in my college, we have all our exams applied at the computer lab. I did't study the last chapter of what I was supposed to study, so naturally I became quite anxious.
Then, my assigned computer's internet browser (where we access the platform or however you want to call it) wouldn't open. In fact, I had my place changed twice because of that. My partner's computer suddenly stopped responding.
Being skeptical and all that, I kinda refuse to accept some freakish explanation, but I just can't explain myself anymore with all just being "coincidences".

I think that, as computers grow more and more complex, they must be reaching some grade of quantum influence over their circuits and how current flows through them (not really a physics guy, but as you may know, there's actually a size limit before normal conductors start being messed up by quantum physics). Maybe they can be altered by electrical patterns from living things.

Maybe it's just, as I always say, that computers need some love too

edit on 19-9-2012 by Arkleseizure because: Grammar nazi stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I've felt that odd connection with technology. I've gotten shocked by 110v and 220v power quite a few times. Getting shocked by those high voltage transformers kind of sucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join