It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wires on mars....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's a pity that the united states doesn't support the arts in any real way anymore; (guess without a cold war on there s no reason for art). If it did you blokes would know how to understand your own visual field. It s a rock, nothing in the image contradicts that possibility.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The large gold colour pic on youtube gives the object a completely artificial look when turned sidesways, have a go tilt your head sideways it really brings out the detail

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How do I know you did not add something with your "special unnamed software"?

Also I dislike when you tell me what i am seeing...."You can clearly see that is a wire.".

No I cannot clearly see that.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
From the video:

"Zooming into the image with Normal software makes it blurry... so the next image is zoomed using Special software"

If you need special software to zoom in, it's not a zoom.

Really...because I'm pretty sure their is better software to use then what any of us have on our random home computer.

I'm sure NASA wouldn't agree with you.....

do some research....."special " software ...exists.....but we can't prove he used it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by FlySolo
Phage. STOP.

Yes, stop. How dare you call a rock a rock. You should call it a wire, or a helmet, or a bucket..... in fact call it anything but what it is, a rock.

For starters, software will not add 45 degree angles and corresponding shadows. Please explain this...

It is just a rock, rocks can have angles and shadows.... or do you think only artificial objects can have angles and shadows?

Notice the angles?

So you really think nature cannot have angles...

That's because whatever this thing is, it's bent.

again you somehow think nothing natural can have angles....

You really need to leave your computer, get outside and have a look around.

What is wrong with saying I THINK IT IS A ROCK. WHY do people have to say they KNOW things, when clearly unless you go there and touch it, get a better picture or send the rover to look at it you CAN"T KNOW!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Pixels and shadows.

Or maybe it is from the rover itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
For those who do not already know, I am going to enlighten you to the tactics used in the vast majority of Moon and Mars anomaly pictures, with the intention of promoting knowledge and hopefully quelling disinformation. Richard C. Hoagland is the most notorious, in my opinion, for these fake anomaly videos, but there are a plethora of other, less popular individual peddling their ignorance on the internet.

Your first clue should be that the image requires "special software" and "enhancements" to become visible. I am not an expert on the software used by forensic investigators for image processing, but I am relatively well-versed in image enhancement in general, and from the personal knowledge I have, I state with 100% certainty that these "enhancements" are introducing artifacts into the image that usually appear to blend within the image itself. This is normal, and the data was not originally present in the image.

These people who peddle this disinfo need to realize, if they actually believe what they saying, that they are NOT "uncovering" something buried in an image, but they are ADDING something that was not originally present. As I said, this is the biggest sham used in these types of videos, but there are other methods they will utilize to get you to buy their positions. I honestly do not think these people are lying to us on purpose, but rather they actually believe what they are doing is spreading truth. This is because attention has been paid to the subject by fringe subject "experts" who really do not know what they are talking about. You must remember that the vast majority of conspiracy theories are actually nothing of the sort. A true government conspiracy of magnitude, with far-reaching effect, does not come around very often. But if you believe everything you read on this site and others, you would think they happen everyday.

I really am concerned with only the truth, because I want my fellow citizens to be educated. The more you know, the better off I will be, because I can only influence a few people. But when others know the truth and spread it, many more people will open their eyes. The majority of people are "asleep" or are sheep, as we like to say, but many, many conspiracy theorists are just as deluded, but in the opposite direction. So please, listen to what I am saying.

Back on topic, another method that is utilized is finding "square structures" upon zooming into an image. Ya, these are called pixels. When you zoom into any image, especially a black and white one, you are going to see the same thing. Another misunderstanding comes when those who are trying to find things on the Moon or Mars don't take the time to learn how the images are stitched together. They don't just take one big picture of the planet or moon and voila. Not hardly. So anyone who is planning on trying to convince other people of something, do your homework. If you don't, and only continue to SAY you do, you are part of the problem and you are simply lying to yourself and others.

I should also note that there are some enhancements that can be done to these types of photos, but they are enhancements, and nothing more. They do not make something that was invisible suddenly visible, with the exception of extremely specialized software that analyzes an image pixel by pixel with the intention of locating something such as tampering. The majority of the public does not have access to this type of expensive, expert, specialized software, because they have no need for it. It isn't like Photoshop or anything, lol. So all I am saying to you guys is to actually pay attention to these types of things, and never blindly believe what anyone says, especially when it involves something out of the ordinary. And if believing fake Mars pictures is actually ordinary for you, and you are easily convinced of things, you should probably take a break from the conspiracy websites. Just a friendly suggestion.

I do apologize if my tone has been demeaning in any way. I have learned that these types of websites can turn a person cynical extremely quickly, which I suppose anyone who has been around these places long enough could attest to.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Would you feel safe to say it's not? All three pictures have the same detail and hasn't changed at all.
edit

I disagree...What looks like on the top of the rock in the last picture looks actually behind it in the first picture with the same black shadowing of other rocks in the picture, and it is just the angle that you see it just over the larger rock. As you zoom in and allow software to "fix" the pixelation it starts to blend in with the larger rock. extra DIV

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

People just do not realize the limitations of cameras and how they affect the picture, such as creating straight lines where there isn't any.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Very interesting thing there. I can't say for certain what it is or is not, since it's not really a close enough shot of it. My first thought is that it is just a rock, but that's not said with 100 % confidence.

However, I think it's always worth pointing out that not every anomaly is pareidolia. People throw that word around too often on ATS. My theory is that there was intelligent life and ancient civilization on Mars that has since died out. How long ago is my question...thousands, tens of thousands, Millions, tens of millions, hundreds of millions or Billions of years ago? What would be left if that's the case? Anything? Artifacts made of some type of metal or stone? Only a theory though, and the more pictures and science we get from this mission the better.

Perhaps, some of these, supposed, artifacts are remnants of some of our failed and successful missions from earth as well. We don't know where all of our junk has ended up. Going back to the first theory though, if you suspect that there may have been an ancient civilization, you are of course going to look at all of these anomalies through that filter, but again, I hate when we label every anomaly as pareidolia. If someone says a rock looks like a bucket or a helmet or head, it's worth taking a look at and having a good discussion about it, without insulting each other. We know so little about Mars' natural history and geology, that this curiosity mission is going to provide a trove of information and data. Very exciting times.

A very mature and balanced point of view!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The resampling process used for the two images I posted above involved bicubic interpolation.

Here is a version I have enhanced. Many of the imaging experts will probably say that the process has introduced data whilst destroying other data. If that's the case, then the introduced data has produced some very life-like shapes that may possibly be very tiny structural formations to an intelligent design.

I would be grateful if members would post what they see in the image.

Do you see any recognizable geometric shapes?

I will make a post later highlighting what I can see in the view.

Direct view - 800 pixels wide:

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cant see # captain (X_X)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
Here is a crop from the main NavCam image captured during sol 24.

A slightly larger version is available at the Direct view below.

If you're interested in finding the original image, the reference is:-

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Direct view:

i985.photobucket.com...

Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

A lot of interesting things in the photo. I think the "wires" look more like tubing. I notice the object sits in front of what seems to be a low rock free spot, maybe once had a small pool of liquid.

Mankind has often walked past amazing finds and not noticed then for years, why discourage people from looking.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Kino321
and yet again, all I see is a rock.

maybe i need new glasses.

I see just a rock too....maybe some shadowing, but really......

Just to add....come on people, why would we not see rather large structures or ones that are truly sticking out of the ground like a real looking pipe. Do the Martians need to camo their stuff just in case the pesky earthlings come snooping?

edit on 1-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

We haven't seen much now have we?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Humans try to make sense out of patterns; same way you see faces or bunnies in clouds.

For every 100 rocks that are randomly shaped, there's gonna be a couple that are shaped like something familiar. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Jesus rock yet.

That is very true and yet many valuable artifacts even pyramids have been missed year after year until someone says...maybe it is what it looks like!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
"The next image is zoomed in using special software." Noooooo, I'm in another CSI Miami episode! Whatever you do, don't take off the glasses!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

For the last time, special software relates to PhotoZoom, as most people use Photoshop to do all their editing.

Its designed for zooming in on images without losing the detail.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Cool find. Looks unnatural at first to me. But there's many things like this found on earth. Rocks come in all shapes and sizes, with angles, and perfect holes in them from water erosion or what have you.

I'm pretty sure it's a rock. But for anyone to say that they know with 100% certainty that the object in the picture is a rock is complete BS. You can't say that for sure.

I'm fairly certain that it's a rock, but there's no way can we say with 100% certainty it's a rock unless we were on mars and could pick it up, and maybe take it to a lab and examine it.

S+F OP'er keep looking. Cause if we stop looking we will miss something if it ever does make it to the public.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am not saying this is an artifact
Yet it would not surprise me if artifacts were found or have been found and the truth of it hidden away

Why I think this is - Imagine a prior Earth civilization that had the ability to travel to the planets - left junk there - much as our civilization does now.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
haven't you ever heard of E.T phone home. Well the little guy has to call from somewhere now doesn't he. Interesting, how come E.T has to use wires? Seems old fashioned to me. You think he would have a cell phone or somethin.
Can we see an even larger pic of this. I don't see any wires at all. E.T get with the times man.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join