It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wires on mars....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Maybe a tin can from in a desert here on earth where the rover is?

Maybe they will take a few pictures of cig butts or spit out gum

A dolls head, ping pong ball (crushed), etc.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

No. I see a partially exposed rock.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's what I was thinking or an ancient Martian bucket.

Hmmmm...interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

look at my edited post, it shows the difference when using the software. It adds nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Yes. I edited my post as well
It adds emphasis to jpg artifacts which are not so apparent without the zoom.
It's a rock.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by AmberLeaf

You cant get more detail out of the image, but you can preserve it as you zoom in.

You cannot go beyond the resolution of the original image. A pixel resize just makes the pixels bigger, including jpg artifacts.

It is not a helmet. It is not a part of machinery. There is no strap. There is no wire.

It is a rock.

edit on 8/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Hold on Phage you exceed the given parameters in a gross manner. IMO, it is a dead and colourless parrot, beyond that is pure speculation.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It is not a helmet. It is not a part of machinery. There is no strap. There is no wire.

It is a rock.

Phage. STOP.

Your incredulous demeanor is annoying as hell. You love to talk the talk and you're pretty good at it (sometimes) but let's hash this out for once already.

If we have to take baby steps to get you to agree with something then so-be-it. And please, don't disappear this time as soon as the going gets rough.

For starters, software will not add 45 degree angles and corresponding shadows. Please explain this...

Notice the angles? You do see them right? Now nod your head silently behind the safety of your computer, good. Now you see the the slope up towards the rounded "rock" with the "shadow" hole? Nod your head...ok...Can you see the intensity of the light on the right side compared to the left? That's because whatever this thing is, it's bent.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Your incredulous demeanor is annoying as hell.

I won't comment on your credulous demeanor. Not to mention your lack of understanding of imaging software.

For starters, software will not add 45 degree angles and corresponding shadows.
Various zooming algorithms can do all kinds of things. Here is a pixel resize of the image, zoomed about to the level of yours (about 700%). This is the only detail available in the original, all the "detail" in your image is added by the software by "guessing" what could be in between the native pixels.

That's because whatever this thing is, it's bent.

No.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I see a rock too.
Anyone want to point out this wire that is supposed to be there?

As far as I know, angles occur in nature, even in rocks. So do holes, although I am not sure that there is even a hole there.
ETA: If you look at the unedited zoom, there are a lot of 'holes' (shadows) in the pic.
edit on 31-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Phage. STOP.

Yes, stop. How dare you call a rock a rock. You should call it a wire, or a helmet, or a bucket..... in fact call it anything but what it is, a rock.

For starters, software will not add 45 degree angles and corresponding shadows. Please explain this...

It is just a rock, rocks can have angles and shadows.... or do you think only artificial objects can have angles and shadows?

Notice the angles?

So you really think nature cannot have angles...

That's because whatever this thing is, it's bent.

again you somehow think nothing natural can have angles....

You really need to leave your computer, get outside and have a look around.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I won't comment on your credulous demeanor.

You just did.

Not to mention your lack of understanding of imaging software.

You're right, I am no expert. Nor do I claim to be. But according to you're own words

Various zooming algorithms can do all kinds of things.

Like paint? Is that what you used to zoomed it to 700% I would think high resolution images on crappy software is like running a gigabit through a 56k modem. Curiosity's mast cam is FAR more superior than that.

Mastcam is made up of both the Mastcam 100 (left) and Mastcam 34 (right) cameras. Mastcam 100, offers telephoto capability while the other, Mastcam 34, offers a wider-angle view. Each can provide color images and high-definition video, and they can be combined for stereo views. Credit: NASA/JPL/Malin Space Science Systems

The Mars Hand Lens Imager, or MAHLI (Figure 3), will provide earthbound scientists with close-up views of the minerals, textures, and structures in Martian rocks and the surface layer of rocky debris and dust. Approximately four centimeters wide (1.5 inches), the camera will take color images of features as small as 12.5 micrometers, smaller than the width of a human hair.

Link

Did the software put in all the detail in this one too?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
THANK YOU OP GOOD FIND!! I SEE you found the pieces of the previous rover....looks like somedody dont like our rovers in the red planet,honestly looks liike a piece that was part of a panel or something,is not a rock,i know rocks and this doesnt look like one.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I feel like I shouldn't bother looking at these threads any more.

We are getting quality pics from Mars, so what happens? I see a thread title.... Wires on Mars. Someone zooms in until things are sufficiently blurred to let the imagination run wild.Then rocks turn into helmets, buckets, containers and tanks.

I still don't see any wires.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Yes angles. Did I stutter? You go find me a rock that has a beveled edge with a hole in the center then. Now go fetch.

And using Phage's logic you can't be looking at a rock with an angle anyway because the software put it there smart guy.

Divide and conquer. You people make it easy

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes angles. Did I stutter?

yes, you apparently still think no rock has any angles ....

You go find me a rock that has a beveled edge with a hole in the center then

What hole? Care to prove that there is a hole in the rock? Remember, a shadoy does not mean there is a hole....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Yes angles. Did I stutter?

yes, you apparently still think no rock has any angles ....

What hole? Care to prove that there is a hole in the rock? Remember, a shadoy does not mean there is a hole....

Don't put words in my mouth. You think I don't. Trying to dumb me down to make yourself more credible is painfully obvious. And I must be stuttering because I already asked the question, "Shadow from what?" But no, don't question things. Credulous works both ways
edit on 31-8-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Trying to dumb me down

I do not think anyone could do that.

, "Shadow from what?"

a bit of the rock sticking up of course...

The problem is you have too few pixels to work with, but desperately want to see something. Remember the same nonsense occured with the Face on Mars, courtesy of Hoaxland....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodaciouschief
So the rumors of subterranean life on mars is true! And their cable got disconnected...Damn martians cant pay their bills on time.

If they were tuning into earth transmissions no wonder they cut it off! 24/7 big brother, xfactor, reality tv garbage. I don't blame them at all

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I do not think anyone could do that.
reply to post by spoor

And the attacks begin

a bit of the rock sticking up of course...

Wow, just wow! Do you need to be shown why a shadow would not look like that? From a rock where? Suspended in the air? If it were a shadow, it would be cast along side the entire surface and not form a complete circle and not spill over the edges. And you call me dumb.

The problem is you have too few pixels to work with, but desperately want to see something. Remember the same nonsense occured with the Face on Mars, courtesy of Hoaxland....

The word you're trying to manifest is called pareidolia. And no, this is not the same because this object does not resemble human traits in which I have an affinity to.

So that's strike, strike and strike 3. Yer out. How about coming back with something against a few things I gave answers or examples of earlier instead of trying to pin me down with nonsense. mmkay?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Curiosity's mast cam is FAR more superior than that.
But the image doesn't come from the mastcam or MAHLI, does it?

Like paint? Is that what you used to zoomed it to 700% I would think high resolution images on crappy software is like running a gigabit through a 56k modem.
You would think wrong. No. I didn't use MSpaint. I used something quite a bit better. But tell me, what zoom algorithm did you use? Bicubic? Bilinear? Weighted? Because you sure didn't use a pixel resize and those others all make "guesses" at what's between the pixels. Here you go, learn something about interpolation. It can't provide detail which does not exist.
www.cambridgeincolour.com...

Did the software put in all the detail in this one too?
No. The guys working on the LCROSS impact did. They marked the impact site image as a visual aid. (A video from ADG? Really? )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join