It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wires on mars....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To me, it looks like it could be something other than a rock, not saying that it's a High Tech State-Of-The-Art piece of Machine that was long lost by the Autobots, but im also not saying that its' simply a Rock, who knows what it is or if it is even on Mars or Earth.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What if the Martions live underground and that little hole thing is a method of IDK, maybe getting in or out, they could be a miniscule species...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
No couldn't possibly be a rock. Ha. Sure looks similar to the other rocks in pic. Wires? I see shadows. Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it so. Im gonna go out on a limb and say its a rock even though I wish it was something much more exciting.
edit on 3-9-2012 by salmoneggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Still looks like a rock to me

Rover this rover that give the thing a chance to get moving guys, were looking for micro bacterial life and ice........ that is all !!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Another version pointing out some flaws in the skeptics logic

Since when did mars grow a green surface. Are they starting a sod farm there or sumtin cuz i swear, i seez green.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why can't we contact someone at JPL and have them investigate with the rover. After all that is the idea of the thing isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xerleh
Why can't we contact someone at JPL and have them investigate with the rover. After all that is the idea of the thing isn't it?
ATS members would have them looking at 90% of the rocks on the Martian surface, that's why.
Depending on the angle of the sun, just about every rock up there will look like something that it isn't, sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Zarniwoop

I think you are mistaken.
There are softwares made purely for zooming in. Its something to do with the pixel size and density i think.

It zooms in without losing quality, it does nothing other than that.

Heres the still image as requested

edit on 31-8-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Hmm the software shouldn't matter, its down to the quality of the image/video at the end of the day.
But maybe theres software that cannot zoom in to such a scale.
But You can't get a an image and say im going to get this "special" software for zooming in and it zooms in without losing quality. There's only one type of image that can do that and thats called a vector image. And this is not a vector image.

Anyway here is my opinion of this.
This is what i see is happening. "Oh, that looks like a metal object, holy moly theres also a line next to it, it must be something mechanical!?"
Lol, looks like split rock to me.. :/

E.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Ephio because: Typo

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hmm...I think it looks like a rock. I mean let me be honest more then once on the beach walking I have seen something in the sand thinking woo hoo its money and it turned out to be a rock!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Pareidolia:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xerleh
Why can't we contact someone at JPL and have them investigate with the rover.

When it was found to be just a rock some people would just claim it was swapped, or NASA photoshopped the images etc. They just would not believe it was just a rock.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, if you ask me. It looks like Admiral Ackbar's head.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Lovecents because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Heres a video showing what looks like a helmet or part of machinery.

There is something poking out of the bottom, it looks like a strap or wire

Looking through the latest images i stumbled upon this gem. Its quite clearly not a rock. What rocks have perfect circular holes with wires poking out of them? To me it looks like it was attached to something. The area around the circular hole is concave like something fitted into it. The wire casts a shadow beyond the shadow of the main part of the object. I have no idea what it is to be honest, all i know is that this is not a natural part of the martian landscape.

It's not easy clearing all the man made items out of Area 51!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by Char-Lee

Ok ill make my own thread saying its a rock.

I will be hailed as a hero. Parades will be thrown in my honor. I will be given the keys to every city.
Just because there is a rock on mars with a shadow on it lol.

And i shall bow before you because you are wise.
ITS A ROCK!
Really hope i dont get banned again for being so
ERRR.....Upfront.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well...it can be whatever!
But the truth is, i can't see wires at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
For all those members who think that the large anomaly is a rock - think again.

The image shown below is a greyscale version of the anomaly and the detail on the surrounding terrain.

A pseudo 3-D version is also provided at the Direct links below but you will require a pair of red/blue specs to view.

These images are png versions and there are no compression artifacts on the image, just the detail on the surface.

If you are able to view the 3-D version your analysis and comments would be most welcome.

Direct views:

i985.photobucket.com...

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
If you are able to view the 3-D version your analysis and comments would be most welcome.

In 3D it is also just a rock. Looking at a rock in 3d does not change what it is - it will remain just a rock.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by arianna

In 3D it is also just a rock. Looking at a rock in 3d does not change what it is - it will remain just a rock.

You are just looking at the large object.

Have a very close look at the surface detail in the vicinity of the rock and you may be pleasantly amazed.

Hint: Does the layout look like a large city?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

I don't really see a city.

If I did see a city, wouldn't it be a small city?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by arianna

I don't really see a city.

If I did see a city, wouldn't it be a small city?

depends on how big the creatures are. If these are very tiny martians, this could be a very large city. it's all relative.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join