It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wires on mars....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Actually... I know it is just a rock.

It's pretty idiotic to think it is anything else. Even more idiotic is putting it in the "Aliens and UFOs" forum because this is not an alien nor a UFO.

These stupid topics pop-up all over the web every so often because people with next to no lives what-so-ever stare at these images for hours and hours until their brain's pattern recognition goes crazy, and their sanity is lost.

This topic reminds me of a man stranded in the middle of Death Valley, near death, who lost his sanity, and starts thinking rocks are alive and moving because he has been looking at them for days.

I'll gladly leave this topic now... I'm not insane enough to continue to stare at rocks and claim they are Aliens and UFOs.
edit on 1-9-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

Everything you stated is true and i (if i had 1)take my hat off to you.
The problem is you cant win against ignorance and you never will.
This is unfortunate because truth and facts are not allways accepted
by idiots.98% of people on this thread say its bull but as allways
(IM RIGHT SO THERE) has manifeted.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by senselessness

So that would mean you dont know either, and are guessing based on what you think you know.

Its probably time for you to depart, you have made you points. Not everyone is buying "its a rock" "its a shadow" "its the software"

Or find another "rock" that looks the same from this mission and post it. It shouldnt be hard with all the image anomalies, dust, shadows and the like. You say its a rock, i say its not.

Your not reading your own bs.
Most peeps ARE SAYING ITS A ROCK.Doohhh!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by edged1
reply to post by FlySolo

was only a zoom of an image which was already rendered.

So you dont have an original.
Shot yourself in the foot as you
dont know what was done with the image first.

I'm sorry, were you talking to me? And who are you exactly? Oh, that's right, no one. Just another guy with 0 threads and even less posts than the other guy. Don't you have a bus to catch or something?
edit on 1-9-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for going to the trouble. it is a very interesting area with all kinds of interesting shapes, to bad everything is JUST beyond getting a good look at. Sure would love to walk around there a bit!

Guess if they forget to remove some big stonehinge people will finally be awed!

While there are no stone hinges or towering martian statues that are plain to see......the views are still very interesting.

If you go to this link here: Curiosity Sol 24 (and by the way, they are already posting Sol 26 pictures, they aren't done yet, but there are more since I made my earlier post), once you are at the link, you can scroll down to the full data product for either the left or right NavCam.

Once you have done that, notice the time stamps on the photos. Open up a different tab each photos that are close together in their time stamps. Then click on the Full Resolution links of each. Now use your mouse and click on each tab in order.

You can see the motion of the cameras panning.

Okay, maybe that's not that exciting as say, finding Marvin Martian pointing his ACME Disentagrating Gun at the rover.......But there are other things you can do too, just for the fun of it:

If you play with photoshop or paint programs, you can download the full images, and since they are greyscaled, you can make your very own color images of what you think Mars should look like.

Take a look at the photos that are showing those rock strata off in the distance, play with the colors and contrast to bring them out, and simply enjoy the beauty of seeing ancient geological processes that happened on another world.......

Again, I know, I know....it's not as exciting say if one of the cameras spotted a warrior helmet belonging to John Carter from Edgar Rice Burroughs, "Barsoom"...........

But let us keep in mind that while Curiosity can give us some images that can be breath taking, that's not what it is there for.
I see a LOT of complaints on these boards about that. 2.5 billion dollars spent on Curiosity, was not spent so that we could sit here and Ooooo and Ahhhhh over very pretty pictures.

If we want that, we need to get Nat Geo to send their own rover.

Curiosity is mainly there for the scientist and geologists that want to study Mars and to try and understand it's history in the crater it's in. Hopefully it just might find fossilized life in the rocks. But remember, it more than likely will not be some huge dinosaur fossil (I could be wrong though). More than likely it will be some strange looking single celled fossil.

And I can already see the posts on here claiming that even after finding something like that, the dissapointment that it wasn't a Martian Mummy instead!

However, in the mean time, I would like to point something out to everyone:

Yes, there have been a LOT of "OMG! Look At This (insert object here) Found On Mars!" threads since Curiosity landed. And I know it drives a lot of people up the wall.

But I'm happy to see them to tell you the truth. Because it shows how much interest there is in Curiosity. Even if many are just hoping to catch "something that NASA missed" either because they think NASA hides everything, or because they think they are better than NASA at spotting things.

To me it doesn't matter. I'm just glad to see so many people willing to look up and out there instead of only staring at their feet.

Thanks for all the info! Personally I can't understand anyone having a problem with any thread apearing if no one twists their arm to read it.

Well my Hubby cam home and said it is a rock
He can't see it any other way! Just shows you!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It's pretty idiotic to think it is anything else. Even more idiotic is putting it in the "Aliens and UFOs" forum because this is not an alien nor a UFO.

These stupid topics pop-up all over the web every so often because people with next to no lives what-so-ever stare at these images for hours and hours until their brain's pattern recognition goes crazy, and their sanity is lost.

This topic reminds me of a man stranded in the middle of Death Valley, near death, who lost his sanity, and starts thinking rocks are alive and moving because he has been looking at them for days.

I'll gladly leave this topic now... I'm not insane enough to continue to stare at rocks and claim they are Aliens and UFOs.

Guess according to you no one has a right to another opinion, I find that very narrow.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

As i said do you need a thread to be credible on this site?
I know you have done several which have been debunked.
Why would i want that.PS you shot yourself in the foot
again. Doooohhhhh!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh my god, I don't wan't to live on this planet anyone. In a world where people see "wires poking out of a rock" on a planet that no doubt has no life, unless its a single celled.

i did not know people were so stupid since I came to this site. Granted their are some pretty ace posts, but some are just mental.

The future of the human race is very bleak if these people keep breeding :-)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Guess according to you no one has a right to another opinion, I find that very narrow.

Sorry you missunderstood.
Im saying that the people commenting on this thread are saying rock.
But person writing thread and sum 1 trying to take over it have developed (IM RIGHT SO THERE) syndrome.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

Are you aware Mars is 4.5 Billion years old?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have excellent vision, but could someone point out with specifics where this object(s) are located in the image???

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RomanOne

In this topic you don't need excellent vision, you just need an overactive imagination.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ok enough with the insults. If you dont want to contribute, go somewhere else!

I can see the skeptics getting irate and hostile because not everyone is willing to accept what they think. Move on, go troll elsewhere. You are adding nothing to this except for insults.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20
Oh my god, I don't wan't to live on this planet anyone. In a world where people see "wires poking out of a rock" on a planet that no doubt has no life, unless its a single celled.

i did not know people were so stupid since I came to this site. Granted their are some pretty ace posts, but some are just mental.

The future of the human race is very bleak if these people keep breeding :-)

Wow you live on a planet where people went from knowing the planets were round and hung in space to thinking it was FLAT...until some imaginative person said Hey it don't look flat to me!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by RomanOne

In this topic you don't need excellent vision, you just need an overactive imagination.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Eyes wide shut....

Wow how long did NASA scientist walk past this dino footprint?

"Space scientists may walk along here, and they're walking exactly where this big, bungling heavy armored dinosaur walked, maybe 110 to 112-million years ago," Stanford said.

He called the location of the find "poetic."

edit on 1-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Why can't we tag something with negative flags? That's what this crap deserves. A picture of a rock, add imagination and "special" software and you get what? Nothing. What's it called when humans make shapes out of random patterns because that's the way our brain works? Let's deny ignorance here people.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

reply to post by FlySolo

was only a zoom of an image which was already rendered.

So you dont have an original.
Shot yourself in the foot as you
dont know what was done with the image first.

I'm sorry, were you talking to me? And who are you exactly? Oh, that's right, no one. Just another guy with 0 threads and even less posts than the other guy. Don't you have a bus to catch or something?
edit on 1-9-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)
I'm not sure but I think you are correct that this is something there with wires and such. People are just stupid to think its just a rock. I mean seriously just read your posts and the truth is right there. You are top notch in book sir. A rock? Do rocks have wires and orifices? No! Or roundness? This is not periodopelia. People are just plain stupid.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I vote for NASA taking requests to have curiosity go back over anomalies on images and retake a more detailed picture with said artifact as the main focus! - Like that's ever gunna happen

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Another version pointing out some flaws in the skeptics logic

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join