It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armenia suspends relations and all official contacts with Hungary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Armenia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Hungary!

Armenia suspends diplomatic relations with Hungary – President

"I officially announce that as of today we suspend diplomatic relations and all official contacts with Hungary.We expect a precise and unambiguous response by all our partners with regard to this incident.Anyone who tolerates this, will tomorrow be held responsible to history,"

BREAKING NEWS: Armenia Suspends Relations with Hungary

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by C G Fleischer

Not good...glad it's making main stream press now.....

By Associated Press, Updated: Friday, August 31, 5:37 PM

BUDAPEST, Hungary — Armenia broke off diplomatic ties with Hungary after an Azerbaijani military officer sentenced to life in prison here for killing an Armenian officer was sent back to his homeland on Friday and, despite assurances, immediately pardoned and freed.

Lt. Ramil Safarov was given a life sentence in 2006 by the Budapest City Court after he confessed to killing Lt. Gurgen Markarian of Armenia while both were in Hungary for a 2004 NATO language course. Azerbaijan and Armenia are ex-Soviet neighbors who have been locked in a long-standing conflict over the mountainous territory of Nagorno-Karabakh
www.washingtonpost.com... -f371-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_story.html

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by C G Fleischer

OOPS...just saw this is the introductions forum. This is posted is the wrong forum.

Des

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Armenia said: "Kunem kez jean yves ghazi tomb"

I probably misspelled that, but say it phonetically to someone from Armenia in Eric Cartman's voice and they'll probably laugh.

Incidentally it's the only phrase I remember in Armenian.

Ah wars between eastern block European countries, all we need now is some archduke to get killed and we have ourselves the making of a third world war.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Haha, that actually had me laughing. Do we have a Ferdinand somewhere? And as our friend pointed out, is this merely a ripple that we turn into a wave?

We have to see the reactions of various governments.. closely too. Armenia is right there near the ME. Gives Mother Russia a lot of play room.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Let me repost my two replies I made on a thread that came out later and was closed:

1. This is an international scandal.

A racist hate criminal of the most offensive kind is extradited to his home country - a post-Soviet family dictatorship of Islamists - where he is, instead of serving a continued sentence, he is immediately pardoned by the President, celebrated, decorated and promoted in the Armed Forces, plus allowed to appear on state functions.

The government of Hungary is on the defensive, saying that the Azeris cheated them.
Well, it does not take a rocket scientist to tell that Shafirov was not going to serve time in his country as soon as he is extradited, since ever since he committed his racial murder, he has been treated as a hero by Azeri ultra-nationalists.

Now there are tens of thousands of people of Armenian descent in Hungary.
Representatives of the Armenian minority of Hungary have tried to approach the incompetent Hungarian government several times - from the PM down - for several days because of leaks of a possible extradition of the ax murderer Shafirov, who committed a hate crime as he killed his fellow officer in his sleep out of pure racial and ethnic hatred. In vain. They were told that Hungary was acting within the bounds of international treaties.

Observers speculate that the government of Hungary is winning future Azeri gas and oil and/or that Azeri companies are expected to invest $2-3 billion in Hungarian state bonds via Turkey.
Which is sorely needed as the bungling right-wing government with Fascist sympathies has done away with progressive taxation and introduced a flat tax and thus left the budget of the country near bleeding to death.

Hungarian flags were burned in Yerevan, capital of Armenia. A Facebook site was started by opposition Hungarians within a day of the extradition, titled "Hey Armenia, sorry about our Prime Minister."

2. A demonstration of Hungarians outraged and shamed by the actions of their own government (and that of Azerbaijan) will be held in central Budapest this Tuesday, from 6 p.m. in front of the Azeri embassy (Eötvös Street, District Six).

new topics

top topics

join