It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jello Biafra of The Dead Kennedys(Band) Has Much To Say About The Elections and The Possible Upcomin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Mods please move where necessary as this interview covers various topics, thank you

I enjoy very much of what Jello has to say in nthis interview as he stands for neither party nor is he biased in any way, and also brings up some very good points.

This was put up last month as a link on Dead Kennedys Fan Page on Facebook and came up on my wall.

A very good read for those interested in politics, yet remain unbiased. Jello is very smart man and certainly breaks the stereotype a Punk Rocker.

Anyway enjoy

Many international relations experts are predicting a war between Israel and Iran in a not so distant future. What do you think it would mean for that region?

Hey…I hope it doesn't mean World War III frankly. My guess is that our military would much rather have Israel be the target for any attack on Iran. Iran would be a much more difficult country to try to conquer than Iraq. There's way more people, they hate our guts way more, there's a lot of mountains so it's pretty much impossible for tanks to advance. It also is scary that the front man in Iran who doesn't really have final say, but the so-called President Ahmadinejad seems to be a doomsday cult guy himself [Ed. Note: The "final say" Bifafra is refereeing to is Ali Hosseini Khamenei, the Supreme Leader of Iran, who serves as the highest ranking political and religious authority in the Islamic Republic of Iran] .

The link for reference...

www.punknews.org...

Thanks For Reading Guys,
Mike
edit on 31-8-2012 by PsyMike91 because: typo

Added: apologies for the Title typo....Obviously not enough room lol
edit on 31-8-2012 by PsyMike91 because: add

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91

I used to listen to the Dead Kennedys as a mate's big brother had a few of the singles (vinyl!) and I've got the Helfudge 12" somewhere....still a good record with a killer bassline.

As such, there's no way JB can be considered 'unbiased' in his views. The guy is and was always extreme in his politics. Was it Kill the Poor or Holiday in Cambodia B-side when he was singing about starting riots and the police? Be honest Mike, he was unbiased like an anti-fascist front-liner at a riot.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I used to listen to the Dead Kennedys as a mate's big brother had a few of the singles (vinyl!) and I've got the Helfudge 12" somewhere....still a good record with a killer bassline.

As such, there's no way JB can be considered 'unbiased' in his views. The guy is and was always extreme in his politics. Was it Kill the Poor or Holiday in Cambodia B-side when he was singing about starting riots and the police? Be honest Mike, he was unbiased like an anti-fascist front-liner at a riot.

Oh by all means i know that, i just meant that he is unbiased as to which political party he would back........

....because he hates both!

If thats not a formula for unbiased, idk what is

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I do and always did love them!

ahhhh if you read a bit further into the interview, there's something about his new band's upcoming album!

It's definitely a MUST for the Ipod.

Thanks for the reply Kan,
Mike

Added: Also, i believe it was Holiday lol

edit on 31-8-2012 by PsyMike91 because: add

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ha! It would be extrodinarily rare if you could find a topic that Jello couldn't just go completely off on for hours on end.

Cool guy, met him a few times over the years. He's very smart, and very abrasive.

Edit-He has a number of "spoken word" albums, on which he discusses, or rather rants to the microphone or audience on various social/political topics, i'm sure a number of ATS members would find them quite enjoyable.
edit on 31-8-2012 by FrostForests because: additional info

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

lol that's great! If you happen to be able to find them please post!

Id very much appreciate it

Biafra, is very much an extremist anarchist, and definitely breaks the stereotype of uneducated musicians that sing about revolution and what have you.

Thanks,
Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'll look out for his new stuff. Cheers!

Hellfudge >>

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thanks for linking the interview. I love Jello and have been a fan since 81 (?) when I first heard I kill children. He was a major reason for my awakening and questioning authority and convention. I had done that before but there were always certain things I'd gone along with only to later realize weren't true.
Glad to hear he has new music coming out. I'll be looking forward to it.
Funny how Jello supports education yet fails to realize just what a big part education plays in maintaining the status quo. Oh well, nobody's perfect.
Very bright man who always has something to add to any conversation. I hope his tour comes close enough for me to go see him perform.
His spoken word albums that I have are called No more Cocoons and High Priest of Harmful Matter. Check them out if you haven't heard them yet.

new topics

top topics

join