It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly sued for sexual harassment!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I just saw a picture of Andrea Mackris I can see why O'Reilly who is famous and wealthy would want to sexually harass her when he could chase hot strippers or hookers or most any other woman. Ever see the octogenarian, Larry King's wives??? I have seen him in real life ... I don't want to go into detail... but its not a pretty sight. I don't believe that O'Reilly would have had any difficulty finding an eager groupie for his sex talks. So I think she is extorting... I could be wrong, there is no accounting for taste, after all Bill did Monica.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well I guess O'Reilly though he was waking on water because his popularity, hummm he may be a dirty old man.

And Grady I wonder about you, working in such an environment as the one you described most be torture for you.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow, we can tll who hate women on this board. Damn, GP, you sound like all women are Succubi or Incubi. Did mommy not give you hugs when you were growing up?

Anyways, poor Bill, only people who support him had their brains washed with scrubbing bubbles.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well I guess O'Reilly though he was waking on water because his popularity, hummm he may be a dirty old man.

And Grady I wonder about you, working in such an environment as the one you described most be torture for you.

Its amazing how people assume that men like the idea of being sexually harassed. Whenever I harass a man sexually he feels emasculated and humiliated. Ok the part of me harassing a man is a joke , but the response is factual. Its as bad for men to be sexually harassed as it is for women.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
O'Reilly mentioned the suit tonight at the beginning of his show. Acknowledged the suit, but said he could not comment any further.

Fade back to December, 2003. I'm Christmas shopping with my 20 year old daughter. She's very cute. While standing in the checkout line, some young punks behind us begin to make lewd remarks. My daughter quietly asks me to ignore them. For her sake, I do.

We're driving back home. I turn the radio on to O'Reilly's show. He is talking to Liz Wiehl, his sidekick, making comments about her "pregnant cleavage". I turn the radio off in disgust.

Anybody that has listened to O'Reilly for any length of time can attest to the fact that he makes frequent off-color sexual remarks. Way too many for a man of his supposed stature. I'm not a prude, but, sometimes what he says is something you'd expect from somebody 25 years younger than he is.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Sexual harassment is a bogus charge. I used to work in a environment with mostly women and the way they conducted themselves in the workplace was disgraceful. If men acted toward them the way they acted toward the men, there would have been harassment suits galore.

It's all about power and revenge.

You are so misinformed its not even funny Grady. Whenever there is a case of sexual harassment it needs to be taken very seriously because for ages men could get away with misbehavior like this. This type of thing can really go either way (woman or man doing the harassment), but lets just admit it...men are the primary problem here. It's much like cases of Rape, where the woman is told it didn't happen, that she "lead the man on", etc., which is just plain WRONG. Sexual harassment has much in common with rape...one is physical and one is mental...and both need to be fully investigated.

Power and revenge you say? Sounds like you just described O'Reilly perfectly.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It wasn't torture, it was insulting. I never expected to work with a group of professionals who curse like drunken sailors regardless of sex or gender.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
You are so misinformed its not even funny Grady.

Yeah, Jazzerman. It's amazing how I managed to live to be fifty-five, work for thirty-eight years, acquire 18 years of education and remain so ill informed. Maybe the problem is that you are too gullible and haven't gotten burned enough by life yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yeah, Jazzerman. It's amazing how I managed to live to be fifty-five, work for thirty-eight years, acquire 18 years of education and remain so ill informed. Maybe the problem is that you are too gullible and haven't gotten burned enough by life yet.

Ah, the mighty Grasshopper feels like crushing the lowly Ant I see. Sexual harassment is a serious issue, women and men that were once being harassed now have the opportunity to speak out (notice I say "women and men"). The FACT is that it needs to be taken seriously and those doing the harassment, no matter if it was only "joking" or not, need to be held accountable.

Please don't start with how "wise" you are...remember...the lowly Ant can lift many times his body weight and often overcomes the most agile of Grasshopper's.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just a little friendly reminder to play nice now

I too work in a enviroment that is mostly younger women and they have made lewd suggestive remarks, talk about what they like to do in bed with their boyfriends (and Girlfriends) and such, heck I have even had one flash me.

I can hardly wait to get to work each day

But I am a dirty old man

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I just saw a picture of Andrea Mackris I can see why O'Reilly who is famous and wealthy would want to sexually harass her when he could chase hot strippers or hookers or most any other woman.

It's not always about sex or looks...it is sometimes a thing about power! There could be any number of reason why he would sexually harras her:
*May to aggravate her knowing it upset her
*Maybe she blushed a lot
*Maybe she reminded him of someone else
*Maybe there was a chemical attraction
*Maybe she appeared innocent to him, and that excited him
Who knows why people do the stupid things they do

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've read the Smoking Gun article in full and all I can think of to say is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
::takes deep breath:: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ohhhh this is good stuff!!!

Mod Edit: added break to restore page format

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I always suspected O'Reilly as a perverted dirty old man.

You say that like its a bad thing

Yeah, but Amuk, you like women.
I suspect Bill is either a misogynist or has lots of baggage concerning women. He made my skin crawl before I heard this latest info on him.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sexual harassment is a bogus charge.

I have been sexually harassed at my job. The man in question was a very popular employee. He was my supervisor and tried to make my life miserable. He berated me and used profanity. He wouldn't explain my job to me. He oogled.
He made my skin crawl. I had no respect for him and he knew it.

I was the less-than-perfect employee. Who do you think would have been believed??????
As it turns out, he was hurt off the job and had to retire.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Just a little friendly reminder to play nice now

I too work in a enviroment that is mostly younger women and they have made lewd suggestive remarks, talk about what they like to do in bed with their boyfriends (and Girlfriends) and such, heck I have even had one flash me.

I can hardly wait to get to work each day

But I am a dirty old man

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Amuk]

People this is sick, thank god I always being around people that respect each other, got forbid anything like those type of behavior you are talking about it will get you fired.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don�t care for Bill O�Reily much. If you ask me he is basically the Jerry Springer of news. People watch him because they want to see who is he going to yell at next. When I do see his show on TV I swear that I expect to see a midget through a pie at a fat person at any time.

Anyway, we all know that women are innocent fragile flowers that never lie, pull underhanded tricks or play dirty right?

[edit on 13-10-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I just saw a picture of Andrea Mackris ..So I think she is extorting... I could be wrong, there is no accounting for taste, after all Bill did Monica.

Is that her picture on DRUDGE?

Just being curious (lecherous)...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Anyway, we all know that women are innocent fragile flowers that never lie, pull underhanded tricks or play dirty right?

Now what the hell has that got do with anything? There are indeed bad men and bad woman....still sexual harassment is serious! I've been there! It's degrading and with my hot temper, my first reaction was to knee him a good one and then up cut him another good one on his way down! However, I had small children at home that depended on me, so I avoided him t all cost, not easy when it's direct supervisor.....it's not joke people. How would you feel id was your mother, sister or your wife being harassed? What if the world is wrong with some you people? I'm beginning to think we have a lot people here in need of professional help due their hatred of woman, it's not healthy!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LadyV: Seek some therapy for your harassment because from your reactions to every word posted here you need help. Who said I hate women? Because I put women on equal terms with men that means I hate them? wow. I know what women are capable of - the exact same things that men are capable of - that doesn't mean I hate them - I just don't trust them anymore than I trust anyone else in the world. Because a woman makes a sexual harassment claim does not mean that it is the truth. There is lots of money to be gained by making false accusations. Hopefully, if this is true then she can prove it with some hard evidence. If just seems funny to me that this woman went to Fox News first demanding millions of dollars to keep quiet, then Bill came out and told the world that this woman was trying to shake him down, then this woman suddenly went and filed a complaint. That seems backwards to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
LadyV: Seek some therapy for your harassment because from your reactions to every word posted here that you need help. Who said I hate women? I know what women are capable of - the exact same things that men are capable of - that doesn't mean I hate them - I just don't trust them anymore than I trust anyone else in the world. Because a woman makes a sexual harassment claim does not mean that it is the truth. There is lots of money to be gained by making false accusations. Hopefully, if this is true then she can prove it with some hard evidence. If just seems funny to me that this woman went to Fox News first and demanding millions of dollars to keep quiet, then Bill came out and told the world that this woman was trying to shake him down, then this woman suddenly went and filed a complaint. That seems backwards to me.

I've not read the Oreily deal yet, so no comments on that except, if it is as you stated, then yes , something awry.

I will say tho, that I do see what LadyV is referring to, as do a few others that have posted even in this thread of thier views. It is that a vast number of men on this board are blatant about their angst against women.

I've never been sexually harrased, yet am still taken aback at the hostility there is towards women here. Hell I've seen a few of whos comments are just short of wishing a Taliban doctrine everywhere concearning women.

BTW - those commenting on this womans looks, um - what the hell does that have to do with anything? A woman has to look like a damn supermodel to be harrased? Pree much stated your outlook on what makes a "woman".

Misfit

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Misfit]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join