Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

RON PAUL to appear on Jay Leno September to make a "special announcement"!? 3rd Party run???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
May I add...I did have some hope for the guy too...and I counted on all the HUGE support his supportors here that said to just wait and see....

What happened to all of you? Nothing worked?

We just have to realize its not enough to just wish something-true...but by actions he'd have gotten in...and there wasnt as many supporters as speculated...because no matter what...it was not enough.

So choose your candidate: The DEVIL or the DEMON...either way...its looking pretty dark

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It is over, walk away people. It takes hundreds of millions to get anywhere in this race.
bend over and take it up the backside from your MEN IN SUITS over lords.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

fair point !

my guess would be it's a simple skit or gag tho.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I really believe he will announce his official retirement from politics.......i dont think a third party run is in the cards.....why RP is too damn good for his own good......hes taking the shlacking in hopes of waking up Amerika to the new goverment we have created.....(totalitarian two party meld ).......
Without real revolution there will be NO CHANGE.....

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I would also guess retirement. He set his more mainstream Repubican son up with a more high profile gig with this run, kind of the whole point of why he ran in IMHO.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I really believe he will announce his official retirement from politics.......i dont think a third party run is in the cards.....why RP is too damn good for his own good......hes taking the shlacking in hopes of waking up Amerika to the new goverment we have created.....(totalitarian two party meld ).......
Without real revolution there will be NO CHANGE.....

I hope not. I think congress is a great place for ron. I never found him a good candidate for potus, but I love the idea of him fighting for us in congress

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
May I add...I did have some hope for the guy too...and I counted on all the HUGE support his supportors here that said to just wait and see....

What happened to all of you? Nothing worked?

We just have to realize its not enough to just wish something-true...but by actions he'd have gotten in...and there wasnt as many supporters as speculated...because no matter what...it was not enough.

So choose your candidate: The DEVIL or the DEMON...either way...its looking pretty dark

Let's say you're playing a basketball game and you're whole team shows up but the other team only has 2 guys show. "We've got this in the bag," you think. But then the refs step in and say, "to make this fair, you're going to play 2 on 2, and we're going to let the other team pick your players." Hmm.

So you're 2 worst players play valiantly against the best 2 players the other side has to offer. Despite all odds to the contrary, you hang around close enough to be 3 points down with 30 seconds to go. You scramble around and heave up a 35 footer at the buzzer. Wow, looks like it might actually go in and force overtime! Wait, what's that? The rules committee held a meeting while the ball was in the air? 35 footers, from this moment forward only count as 1 point instead of 3? Game over.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Great! This idiot is going to force us into communism because he doesn’t have enough BALLS to admit he’s a $#@&$#@ idiot and go home! I hope his kid gets feed up and has him committed. Unfortunately the George soros’s of the world keep giving this moron money to screw up the ##snipped## party.
edit on Sat Sep 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's too late to get on the state's ballots to run for 2012.
If he were to run third party he would have likely joined the Libertarian ticket - but they already have their candidate - Gary Johnson, a former Republican and governor of New Mexico. Ron Paul would not disrupt that ticket at this stage.

He could possible announce the formation of a new party, with the potential to run in 2016 - but it's rather doubtful. Ron Paul is 77 years old.

My guess - he is retiring, and will try his best to pass the torch to his son.

Maybe he'll have some choice words over his treatment by the Repubs during this election cycle - but I doubt that too, RP has never really been that harsh to his own party.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
doesn't seem reasonable to suggest that Ron Paul could get his name on the ballot in any state, let alone all of them in 60 days or less. if he could...perhaps he should have taken the 3rd party route from the very beginning.

but, I want to thank all that think that he can...your commitment to this losing cause is very interesting;

but some of those concept images posted about Ron Pual are deceptive...Paul is NOT a Knight of this Republic.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I can imagine there are many people that could fall under the Paul camp that weren't saying just wait like myself. I thought he was the better option to have in office...than whomever will be in there. But I don't agree with some of his policy. The Fed has to go or at least be more transparent than a freshly washed _ He wanted to completely remove a lot of government agencies; when they should be reformed with the red tape and bureaucracy tossed out. Presidential mandates are not part of a society that votes, it is a power of dictatorships, so agreed that needed to go; Obama makes at least 2 mandates a month. Paul is also against abortion; I can understand he probably took that stance from being doctor and respects life because of it. But it seems to be the major turning point in difference of the two parties, pro-life seems to be a GOP requirement.

So be aware many people that tout a preference in Ron Paul, knows the other two options are worse, Obama is stuck until another election to try and get another majority house, and Romney having a majority going in can pass more of Bush style politic's without much resistance, so if he is elected; war with Iran will happen. I didn't include Johnson as an option...because the Electoral College chooses the president not us, and the electorates are filled with REPS and DEMS as a majority; so two options is I think a fair statement under the current process.

The last person that held any sort of running platform very close to my personal belief structure was Dennis Kucinich. I think he would have rebounded the country the same way Bill Clinton did, after Bush SR.; Bush JR. caused all of this recession with his war, he could have waited and gotten the approval of the UN and the total cost wouldn't have been on US citizens backs but he didn't, and then he lost pretty much all help; when he decided to go finish up his daddies mess in Iraq. Obama missed his chance to change things, he should have went in like a hurricane before the house majority vote was lost, and he started to get policy blocks. That's where inexperience can fail; and why he has failed to pull things into a complete recovery.

The GOP wants the credit for a recovery or some kind of win, because they know they are an out of touch political party and need something positive to stay relevant. So if Romney gets in, he will have that majority to pass what his puppet masters want him too. What many forget is that most of the smaller effects the previous presidents changes usually don't show up until the next person is sitting in the chair...
edit on 1-9-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
their going to be smart and set rand paul up for 2016.
anything less is a waste of money.
oh, you short sighted patriots!
edit on 1-9-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I would also guess retirement. He set his more mainstream Repubican son up with a more high profile gig with this run, kind of the whole point of why he ran in IMHO.

Then you kind of missed the point - It was the message. And now there IS a liberty movement.

No one really expected Paul to get elected in the first place but the momentum he gained got things stirred-up and made it look like, albeit remote, a possibility. It got the old guard soiling their trousers. The GOP as good as told America, "There ain't gonna be no liberty, for no one!" Paul posed just a big enough threat to their old ways for them to show their hand that way. They proved they had the power to ward it off, but at what cost?

We will see personal liberty and self-ownership taking a center stage in the near political future. It may take some time to become a reality as the old guard goes down kicking and screaming. They are sure to put up a battle but we will see self-ownership in our lifetimes.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I still just can't believe that so many people apparently still support Romney.

Let alone Obama.

The whole election this year absolutely reminds me of that episode of Futurama where they hold the elections for President of Earth...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by notquitesure

Point taken...I was just really hoping that it would be an overwhelming run with a positive outcome in favor of all that supported the guy.

But, truth be known, votes dont ever get people in...TPTB does and the hidden agendas our country and it policies run.

For someone like Paul who actually stood a chance...it was his supporters...too few...that didnt get him on the ballot..because if there were that many....he wouldve...yet...he didnt make it at either convention or nomination.

Another strike against the people....so for me? Like him or not...now Im stuck between Devil and demon.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

You put it well...Im just sad to see the "choices" we have. They are that profoundlu unbalanced.... I wasnt sure about Paul...but I thought maybe...there'd be a chance at a decent choice....

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mwood

Why would Paul go on Leno to endorse Romney?

If he were going to endorse him he would have while he still could have gave a speech at the convention.

Exactly, why wait until the RNC is over to endorse Romney, especially on the lame Jay Leno Show?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
It is over, walk away people. It takes hundreds of millions to get anywhere in this race.
bend over and take it up the backside from your MEN IN SUITS over lords.

This is the sad truth, the hundreds of millions needed to become President. Obama had to raise over half a billion dollars just be President in 2008, and I wonder where his numbers are now, same for Romney. Either way, the ridiculous price tag needed to become President will ensure that only the Elite can be President while the rest of us fight over who it will be, a Republican Elite or Democrat Elite.......

This US Political system is complete fail.

All aboard for another 4 years!
edit on 1-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Paul has already come out and announced he does not endorse Mitt Romney.

Ron Paul Not Endorsing Romney: ‘Put Me Down As Undecided’
(talkingpointsmemo.com)

Ron Paul To Cavuto: ‘I Have No Plans To Endorse’ Romney/Ryan Ticket
(mediaite.com)

One thing about Paul, he does not flip-flop around on issues. He won't be announcing any endorsement for Romney on Leno, that's for certain.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I'm well aware that RP won't endorse Romney, I just wanted to agree with that poster and to point out how stupid it would be to endorse Romney after the RNC, especially on the Jay Leno Show. One Paul already supports Romney, so Ronny boy definitely won't.

So either RP is announcing his 3rd party run WITH Gary Johnson or his going to fully endorse Gary Johnson. Some people in this thread seem to think he may announce his retirement but we already know he is retiring so what's there to announce?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join