It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL to appear on Jay Leno September to make a "special announcement"!? 3rd Party run???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

edit on Sat Sep 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

Yeah, I know but the time has come to lay aside the dreams of today's generation until another point in history. There will only be one Ron Paul and what he started will continue to grow as all truth does, and so we start fresh at our local levels and work our way back up to the 2016 elections if they still exist...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't think its time to lay aside any dreams just yet. If Gary Johnson were to offer RP the VP spot on his ticket there is a chance. Although it may not be much I believe there is a shot.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm sure there would be a place in a Gary Johnson presidency for Ron Paul in the cabinet or other influential place. RP would be insane NOT to throw his weight and support loudly behind Gary Johnson at this point, especially since Gary never stopped supporting RP.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

So is much of the MSM at this point.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Oh that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet! But ugh, the Jay Leno Show? The Jimmy Kimmel show should be first, followed by Letterman and then the Jimmy Falon show, then Conan, at somewhere towards the end do the Leno show. Leno's demographic is what Ron Paul needs, the old folks

edit on 31-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No.

It will be an endorsement for Romney.

As much as I liked the guy and as much money as I sent his campaign..... he's done.

America missed it's chance to get straightened out a little and get back on Constitutional track,

Now it's just a spiral to the end.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
I'm not an American but i think its fair to say Ron Paul will never be elected president of the united states.

Republicans voted for other candidates when they had a chance to vote for this man. If Paul was as popular as some believe, he would have done better than he did. People cast their votes and they made their decision.

The fact is voters tend to dislike independent thinkers they vote the majority of the time for establishment choices. Its like this everywhere not just in the United States.

You're looking at it wrong. Americans can and would stand behind a man like Ron Paul if they knew who he was. Problem is that the everyday Joe and Jane are fed Romney and Obama 24/7. Before you know it they believe these are the only two candidates standing. Their logic is "I want Obama out, so I have to vote Romney in" and vice versa. When they hear their news casters describe Ron Paul as a crazy, old radical fool anytime his name is mentioned, they begin to believe it. They don't take the time to research it, they think the news is truth. They're not privy to the fact that they are being fed lies and brainwashed to think one way or another.

Why did Ron Paul lose? Because he was never given fair coverage, and certainly not as much coverage and praise as Mitt Romney and Obama. People were led to believe he was going to destroy the country with his wild ideas of liberty and no unconstitutional wars.

As if that wasn't enough, voter fraud was employed by the GOP to keep him out of the RNC. This has been proven and witnessed over and over again by multiple credible people. There are numerous videos documenting the shenanigans during delegate acquisition. This man didn't lose because he couldn't get the popular vote, he lost because he has too many political and corporate enemies.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

No.

It will be an endorsement for Romney.

As much as I liked the guy and as much money as I sent his campaign..... he's done.

America missed it's chance to get straightened out a little and get back on Constitutional track,

Now it's just a spiral to the end.

I'll be honest here.

I would hope Ron Paul would never endorse Romney. That man is everything that Ron Paul is not... isn't he?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Also, I don't know who won the republican primaries (truly), but I am certain it was not Romney. At that time, I couldn't find a single Romney supporter. Never saw a sign, sticker, nothing. I spoke with family and friends in other states, and they said the same thing. I talked to a lot of people everywhere and no one liked Romney. There were a lot of people talking about Santorum and Gingrich, and even Paul, but no one liked Romney. People are being good sheep now and accepting him, because that is the only choice they are being given Yet, somehow, the media knew early on that he would be the front runner. The show is rigged.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Why would Paul go on Leno to endorse Romney?

If he were going to endorse him he would have while he still could have gave a speech at the convention.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Anticipating an endorsement towards Romney after the RNC treatment? Not going to happen, no way no how.

If he does endorse Romney, I'll eat my keyboard. Better yet, I'll send it to that new anti-Paul poster from page 1 with the broken 'O' key.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I love your enthusiasm. High five man!

Great post. I'm speechless.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Why would Paul go on Leno to endorse Romney?

If he were going to endorse him he would have while he still could have gave a speech at the convention.

If it even sounded sort of like an endorsement of Romney he could mumble it in his sleep and still receive more national press than he has gotten all year. I would advise him to watch his diet; even escaping gas could maybe sound like r-r-r-r-romne-e-ey and the press would be all over it.

Heck, his statement that he couldn't fully endorse Romney was attempted to be spun as a partial endorsement I heard said by some of the media.

I agree. He wouldn't need Leno for that.

edit on 1-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

It doesn't matter. The gig is up. No matter how this election goes it doesn't matter.

The elites have lost. Talk to any recent college graduate. Ask them if they've heard about Ron Paul. He's a household name. Even if you don't support him.

Pandora's box has been opened and you can't put that jack back into the box.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

It doesn't matter. The gig is up. No matter how this election goes it doesn't matter.

The elites have lost. Talk to any recent college graduate. Ask them if they've heard about Ron Paul. He's a household name. Even if you don't support him.

Pandora's box has been opened and you can't put that jack back into the box.

I was once a Ron Paul supporter till became unhinged. Great on economics just can't stand all the Alex Jones bull # from him now. Also for as smart as he is, half the crap he spews on foreign affairs is either half truths or he is being shifty on purpose. Maybe its just his age getting to him .

I'm 35 years old now and I know the world isn't black and white, seems like most libertarians don't thou unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

The fact is voters tend to dislike independent thinkers they vote the majority of the time for establishment choices. Its like this everywhere not just in the United States.

Not so fast. I grant that independent thinkers are often innovators and challenger of the status quo and so their will face always a higher lever of resistance to acceptance. In the case of Paul due to the time and consistency not much of what he says is very new, so this chock issue is not a real issue.

The main problem is then how a majority ideological view is generated, the two party duality does much of the job of containing the dialog to what serves both parties, we rarely ear much constructive ideas, the discourse is centered in criticizing the other with no real planing or realism on how they will do what they propose. Often this serves as a way not to do much of what is promised and blaming the other party from blocking change, so what the public needs and wants is often not taken into any real consideration what is important starts to be to keep the revolving door working and so the system and its exploitation for personal gain by a majority of those involved.

The other main issue is that the establishment choices are created and rarely match demands from the public or even reality (the debt). Those who control the media control the discourse even more than the game dual parties play, that is why the term "talking points" came to be...

edit on 1-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Endorse Romney? I would think if he endorsed any one it would be Johnson; imagine the press from that...probably zip nada a blurb, and as far as a Romney endorsement it would be splattered and snippeted every where in a matter of a day. That's how the MSM works...after all they have endorsements of their own.

Before a Romney endorsement; I find it easier to imagine Paul would utter the following in terms of Romney: “To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee” But then again he has more pressing concerns to be worried about than the C.E.Oh no named Mitt Romney. Romney has some very strong backers I mean the ultra rich hidden in the shadows backers. No ordinary consensus can cause a near total black out and Romney was such the clear pre-choice among all other candidates from the very beginning.

Some of the other candidates didn't have a snowball's chance in hell, and it was clear they themselves knew that. But still were trying? Romney many times sat back as a Wallflower letting them bring each other down, he didn't seem to like it when he had to speak during those meetings. The other's were there as a mere obfuscation, so Paul couldn't be heard, and Romney wouldn't have to speak.

When Romney does speak without his speech writers and teleprompters; he offends and mucks up...like he did on his little European trip. What is portrayed of this person is a facade an image to be sold. When his real personality does slip out, it's all "There's nothing to see here, move along" it's easy to see a puppet candidate when they cannot stick to past statements they flip flop to fit the situation. If Romney actually does have a platform and plans...they are not his.

Be wary my friends, be wary.

edit on 1-9-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
A losing contender who has some small support that didnt even get him nominated? I thought you guys said to "just wait! You'll see!) We waited and saw nothing...

You go to one of "his" sites (biased much!?)...to announce this losing man-of-the-people...is going to make an announcement (too late)....on a COMEDY SHOW!

I cant wait...I like a good laugh....

Now go ahead Paul-ites...cuss me, curse me out and explain that it all is a massive conspiracy against him by the Dems, the RNC, Romney and a few others Im sure youre going to defend him with....

Wont work...he still lost and no matter what you guys did...it wasnt enough to even get him 1/2 way...

And that means all your predictions werent enough...and were dead worng..
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join