It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot over road rage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Lets condemn the Second Amendment for a legal gun owner's right to protect himself.

What about the other 300,000,000 guns in the US? I didn't hear about any other deaths today by guns like this.

Thats 300 Million for those who have a problem with zeros.

Well, 299,999,988 if you take out my 12.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Hope4peace

Count the number of gun owners to the number of those gun owners who perpetrate gun related offenses.

I suspect the latter number is actually quite small.

Factor in media hype and I'd say you are right. Think about this, by every statistic violent crime is in the decline, but, you couldn't tell it by the MSM.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

That's a good point. Even with the latest shootings (Aurora, Oak Creek, etc), 299,999,999 guns were doing nothing. Their owners were obeying the laws.

How on Earth are more gun laws going to make an impact on that 0.0000000000001 percent of firearms?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Good point, and I am a cyclist.

I currently live in the DC area and the traffic is insane. Yet cyclists merge into traffic like the laws of physics must surely be suspended because they have a helmet and blinky light on. Pedestrians just walk out on the busy 4 lane roads like Frogger. My favorite is a woman (talking on a cell phone) with three tiny kids strung out in a line behind her and she walked in front of a semi truck. No cross walk, just the middle of a VERY busy road. The truck had to slam on the brakes and she just looked at the driver like he was the problem. True story, I saw it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Witnesses allegedly told police the bicyclist went for the driver after being struck, repeatedly punching him through the vehicle’s window. Police say the driver stayed in his car, but at some point during the altercation he pulled out a pistol and fired one round at the victim, striking him in the chest.

Police say the driver, who had a gun permit, called 911 and remained in his car at the scene. He was then taken into custody when officers arrived.

He deserved it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

because brandishing a fire arm is either a felony or misdemeanor depending on juristiction and if you have a conceled weapons permit you are forbidden from letting it show hope this helps
www.shouselaw.com... from ca
www.justanswer.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree with you. People have died from being punched one time. Hell I have seen a video of a man dying from being SHOVED one time! The driver was sitting in his car NOT getting out NOT starting a confrontation. The bicyclist decided he was going to punch this guy through his window in the head? REPEATEDLY? Oh HELL no!

I would have shot also.

I am a bike rider, a car driver and concealed carry holder.

No one has the right to assault you. You do NOT have too sit back and allow yourself to be assaulted and to hope that the person assaulting you doesn't kill you.

Stand up for yourself. Carry a handgun everyday. I do not go anywhere without carrying. You never know when a crazy person will attempt to beat your brains out of your head.

I would rather NOT get put into a coma, or get turned into a vegetable or suffer some brain aneurism from getting punched in my head. Or lose my vision by being hit in the eye, or have my nose cartilage pushed into my brain, or have my larynx crushed by a punch etc. etc.

If it means putting lead into some crazy wacko nut assaulting me then tough luck for them. I reckon they should not attempt to crush my skull and they will not get shot.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification
. I didn't know that. I don't own a gun myself, have only fired them off up north for fun (guns belonged to family members). I don't think I would want a gun to be honest with ya. I would not be able to handle the emotions that would come along with taking anothers life.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirectDemocracy
reply to post by Rockpuck

No one has the right to assault you. You do NOT have too sit back and allow yourself to be assaulted and to hope that the person assaulting you doesn't kill you.

Stand up for yourself. Carry a handgun everyday. I do not go anywhere without carrying. You never know when a crazy person will attempt to beat your brains out of your head.

I would rather NOT get put into a coma, or get turned into a vegetable or suffer some brain aneurism from getting punched in my head. Or lose my vision by being hit in the eye, or have my nose cartilage pushed into my brain, or have my larynx crushed by a punch etc. etc.

If it means putting lead into some crazy wacko nut assaulting me then tough luck for them. I reckon they should not attempt to crush my skull and they will not get shot.

Call me crazy but I'm a strong believer that when "it's our time to go, it's our time go" lol. I don't fear being attacked and if I were to be, I would fight back with what God gave me "my fists and legs/feet" and if that didn't get me through the situation alive, than I would leave the rest up to God.

I don't fear death. Fear is not good to carry around.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by Juggernog

My favorite is a woman (talking on a cell phone) with three tiny kids strung out in a line behind her and she walked in front of a semi truck. No cross walk, just the middle of a VERY busy road. The truck had to slam on the brakes and she just looked at the driver like he was the problem. True story, I saw it.

Oh my goodness! Technology and stupid people don't mix very well

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I see what you are saying now. Those that legally own their guns are more apt to using them more responsibly versus those types of people that own a gun illegally (street thugs ect.).

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Why not just flash your gun to make the assailant back off?

Those of us with concealed carry licenses know the law: it is unlawful to flash your gun because the only reason you can legally reveal your weapon is if you're in imminent danger - by the time it becomes legal for you to show your gun, you must have a justifiable reason to SHOOT your gun to protect yourself or others from harm.
There is NO legal way to use a gun just to scare someone.

The legal and moral obligations of lawful concealed carry (or open carry for that matter) prohibit the use of the firearm as a scare tactic. The individual carrying the gun always has the OPTION of not firing it, even when justified - however, if you feel compelled to show your gun to someone, YOU need to call the police and perhaps restrain the assailant. The logic goes like this: life in danger? -> justified to use deadly force -> show your weapon -> fire it if you must -> if you're justified in drawing/shooting your weapon then restraining the bad guy is okay too, until the police get there. Of course, you'll probably lose your gun for a while while there's an investigation.

That having been said, by the time I drag my gun out from it's concealed holster, there'll be no brandishing it for effect to get the assailant to back off nor any "warning shot". The FIRST rule of GUN CONTROL is knowing why and when to use it - "in a gunfight, there is no second place winner".

ganjoa

P.S. sorry, this has already been stated by other posters (should've read the whole thread first)
edit on 1-9-2012 by ganjoa because: completed reading the thread

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

As a non gun owner I wasn't aware of that but now after learning this I can say that I have unfortunetely known some legal gun owners that have not followed this rule. In fact, I know some people that legally carry that are not mentally stable. How well does the law screen people before they can carry?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
so let me get this straight...

some idiot cyclist ignored a traffic sign, didn't observe his surroundings correctly, and got hit

he then goes to this guy in his car and starts decking him repeatedly

the driver responds by capping arse in self-defense

what's the problem, again
this is a score for humanity as far as I'm concerned...one less moron

as for this: be scared, carry mace, etc.. I pity you types...maybe you're in a terrible neighborhood, but if not...you're living a lie.

no paranoia here. if someone comes up behind me and sticks a sharp one through...so be it, I'll live my life without fear of that 1 in a million chance, tyvm!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Not the driver's fault when a cyclist runs stop signs, rides against traffic, or fails to yield properly. And I ride bicycles too, so it's not like I'm hating on cyclists.

Alternately the idiot cyclist could have gone for a short ride and have his legs/hips broken after slamming into traffic or some large roadside object. Likely more painful than just being shot. I don't have a gun, but leaning in the window and messing with somebody in a 3000+lb motor vehicle that can easily used as a weapon isn't that smart.

In this case, I don't blame the guy with the gun either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join