It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote ? Really ? Are you sick in your mind ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Voting will change nothing as long as those in power are still around, and those who are in power you can't vote out. Continuing to vote in this system is the real apathy, as you lack the conviction to do what is necessary. You don't have any room to be criticizing those who do not wish to partake in this evil scam.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
Instead of not voting, I think we need to start organizing.

Once we have the numbers, and we can tell 40,000,000 people to stop paying their income taxes, or to boycott ExxonMobile, we may be able to scare these people into quitting their hateful agenda.

It isn't likely, and believe me I know this is wishful thinking. But I hope when things start getting really bad people keep their heads instead of using violence. Again, wishful thinking, and maybe not even the right line of thinking. Maybe violence is the answer? I do not think these people will ever stop. They are insatiable.

Violence isn't the answer.

Organization is paramount and the right track. Thing is, we can't as Americans agree on anything which is why I hold very little hope.

I wish I knew the answers because I would scream them from the top of my lungs. Right now my arms are just too tired to be raised in an uproar anymore. They have been that way for decades already.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

I understand that you feel your conscious is clear because you voted for an untested 3rd party candidate.
In the end we are all sinners and all will fail.
I get it but i have personally seen the closed door meetings where the local officials pledge their alligence to the highest bidder and give way to evil because they have a lack of goodness and compassion and they will choose every time to prolong their success and keep food on their table in the easiest manner if there is a way to write off the displeasure of fellow citizens in their minds.

Bend over and hold still we know what is best for you and this is for your own good.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I think the song is so psychedelic in metaphor it can mean anything to anyone. I must affirm my position on the jester. Being " on the side lines in a cast ". Lame duck President.

Great to have you posting here.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Voting will change nothing as long as those in power are still around, and those who are in power you can't vote out. Continuing to vote in this system is the real apathy, as you lack the conviction to do what is necessary. You don't have any room to be criticizing those who do not wish to partake in this evil scam.

I would venture to say that at the very least you do get it. The song I posted is spiritual in reference for very damn good reason.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I understand that you feel your conscious is clear because you voted for an untested 3rd party candidate.
In the end we are all sinners and all will fail.
I get it but i have personally seen the closed door meetings where the local officials pledge their alligence to the highest bidder and give way to evil because they have a lack of goodness and compassion and they will choose every time to prolong their success and keep food on their table in the easiest manner if there is a way to write off the displeasure of fellow citizens in their minds.

Bend over and hold still we know what is best for you and this is for your own good.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by fail. I think I have done very well for myself and mine. I still have a great love for my country and neighbors, I have also seen how things have worked. Hell I used to play cards with a lot of the local council members. My next door neighbor is a popular preacher and missionary and down the street is a retired sheriff that I've known for half my life who I stop to talk to at least twice a week. I've even raised my hand and served this country honorably for 6 years. I am a tradesman with multiple trades so I am very useful even if the lights were to go out in society.

I just simply do not consider my actions, nor my life a failure.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I think the song is so psychedelic in metaphor it can mean anything to anyone. I must affirm my position on the jester. Being " on the side lines in a cast ". Lame duck President.

Great to have you posting here.

Aye... as long as the song moved you then the author and performer have done their jobs. Also, after I posted my last reply to you, I had thought up another possible meaning and then went to look up others and ran across this link:

understandingamericanpie.com...

Seems we both had the gist of it at any rate lol.

And glad to be here... in a thread with great music

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Text

As have i.
I do salute your contributions to life and this thread but those same people that appease you at every turn are more than likely to sell you out in order to progress their fortune. It is a cleaver game of cat and mouse that power plays in our lives and in the end you will be broken by your or you and your kindred's honorable mistakes that will be held against you at a time of your needing and if i'm wrong then things will take a turn for the better finally.

Either way i really don't see that we are against each other only that i have ran out of the hope for our future that has been a fuel for a peaceable outcome to all this mess created by evil.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well Randy, you do have the Right to remain silent. Anything you say and do can be held against you in a court of law.

So for the ones that vote for the winner of the upcoming election? Remember that. If it does not work out then it is your vote that put the President in position to do the damage he will do.

Like you said Randy. It does not matter who wins.

I believe that, because it is ALWAYS the majority of the citizens of this country that will lose.
edit on 31-8-2012 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I echo the call for a "none of the above" vote/write-in. It sounded stupid to me at first, but after hearing it explained (first by Jesse Ventura), it really started to make sense. Voting "none of the above" would, in my opinion, make a much greater statement than simply not showing up.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

This forum defines voting perfectly. It is madness and totally insane in my opinion to go to the polls. Every stinking politician in D.C. knows what I'm saying is true and they are all a corporate production, who's embodiment has been nurtured to one end only. The demise of our way of life in America.
Do you really believe the corporations aren't doing this ?

Vote smart then. Rep. & Dem. aren't the only parties.
www.gp.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have to disagree with the OP.

Not voting at all wouldn't help anyone but the NWO.

Voting 3rd party would send the message that the american people have had enough.

You are correct about these criminals being rulers, not leaders. If we vote for a true leader, with liberty as their main objective, then the problem would begin to fix itself, and America would be better off for it.

Go to the polls and make Obamney pay for their crimes.

No more free passes for corrupt traitors.

~Rev

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"watch out, he can kill you with his feet!"

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
this is why people vote:

www.lawfulpath.com...

they are weak willed and lazy and entitled.
otherwize they would be responsible enough to rule themselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
when you sign up to register to vote your signature is bought and sold on the bond market.

when you sign up to register to vote you are signing on to be a "citizen" of the United States Of America which is a Corporation.

when you do this you are signing up to be an employee of said corporation

you are bound to the rules and regulations of Uniform Commercial Code and not common law.

you are putting shackles on with your own hand, and no one is forcing you into slavery.

the PTB know this and figure if were too dumb to know this we get what we deserve.

to check what im saying as fact, define "citizen" in Blacks Law Dictionary

have fun voting.

ive opted out
edit on 1-9-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
I echo the call for a "none of the above" vote/write-in. It sounded stupid to me at first, but after hearing it explained (first by Jesse Ventura), it really started to make sense. Voting "none of the above" would, in my opinion, make a much greater statement than simply not showing up.

they have millions voteing for them allready, millions of dollars spent...

The system was created to balance out the votes of the North and South in 1787. Elections based solely on the popular vote would have basically allowed the North to elect the President and Vice President because, much of the South’s population was consisting of slaves, who could not vote. But the advent of the Electoral College allowed states to receive credit for non-voting populations by allocating electors based on total population instead of voting population.

Now that all citizens have the right to vote in this country, there are many people who believe that the President and Vice President should be elected based solely on the popular vote. This argument is based upon several factors:

The Winner Doesn’t Always Win

A few times in our nation’s history, the Electoral College has elected a president who did not win the popular vote - the most recent being 2000, when George W. Bush was handed the presidency even though more citizens voted for Al Gore.

This happens because of the "winner takes all" system that’s used to elect the electors. Each state is allowed the same number of electors as it has federal representatives (total of Senate and House), which is based partly upon total population. But the electors chosen to place their presidential votes are not apportioned according to the final popular vote - instead, the majority rules. So for instance, if the popular vote for a state came out to be 46% Democrat, 52% Republican and 2% independent, the state would send only Republican electors because they held the majority.

Vote because you still can is how alot thank ,it really wont matter who wins
there puppets for our intertainment .
we all like a good show & they burn use out
Be glad when its over so we can gripe about this one while the water gets just a little warmer

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by randyvs

You force me to quote Plato:

"The price of apathy in public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".

I appreciate your disdain for the process...but apathy is not the answer....get involved...even if it just you local and municipal elections. I think we all need to be more involved at the county and municipal level...these are the "rules" and ordinances that directly affect us...having a hand in who is making those policies cannot be a bad thing.

The state level gets a little out of hand...and the national level is a direct result of the state level...if you got bad statemen...you have zero hope at the national level.

THANK YOU!!!!! I couldn't have said it better. In fact, I haven't. I'm so glad you could and did. There are many more things to vote on besides the presidential election. And not voting at all is just so..........lame.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Vote for Gary Johnson

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I disagree, to a point. I agree that we have really no good choices for president this year, but what you CAN do is research who is running for local govt and vote your concience on that level. If we are ever to get control of our govt again, its going to be from the bottom up. Start with local governments and work up to the federal level.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think you are pretty much right in your assessment but not in your direction or solution. "Voting is unnecessary" is how dictators talk but we should change something, definitely and soon.

Power corrupts and politicians can be bought but there is only one party out of many that represents strictly old money and the ruling elite. They place their own corporate interests and profits above human interests or even American progress. I will not slime the guilty, but let you guess. It is the same party that supports, protects and rallies behind without critique or question the largest corporate power structure in the world. That power is.....ta da! The US Military Industrial Complex.

And I wouldn't be calling people who vote, sick in the head.
If anyone is exhibiting symptoms of sickness here, it is not the voters.

edit on 1-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join